• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

$ity Heart vs CCM.

Ads

No Mariners player interview?

Feeling Salty if that 1 point or possibly 3 makes a difference.

And still dumb founded how Jamison didn’t get yellow for taking out attacking player, also leaving the field t argue and get in coaches faces?

Is leaving the field and starting shit ok these days?

We ended up with more possession at 52% but need to find a way to score other than pens.
We had Kuol, then some Simon and Urena but has all dried up.
If we are still stale after the next game put Hatch and Teskenis or someone that has that momentum otherwise we keep whipping a dead horse.

JoyfulPenguin

That loss hurt more than any other. Hurt more than losing to Green Gully and Blacktown. CFG colonized my club for marketing synergy to better represent a human rights abusing petro-state. Proud of the players tonight without the reinforcements other clubs have brought in we look gassed, without any of the resources of City we more than matched them and would have at least drew without the referees abysmal calls. Let's get 'em in the finals, Mariners till I die.

midfielder

A rugby tackle on an attacking player without the ball in a scoring position... with an incoming ball...

Ref awards pen straight away... Var reviews and remember the review is meant for only Obvious Errors...

For the sake of the league this decision should be reviewed... its the closest to the most obvious pen you can get...

Stoxxo

I needed some time to calm down after that to comment but im still filthy, Miller did not help his cause stooping so damn low but thats a foul anywhere else on the pitch, it would be a penalty if that happened on an attacker in the box enough said.

The overturned pull on Birra, live looked like a pen, replay 100% a penalty, Aiden has 2 bloody hands on Birra dragging him to the ground.

We have been benefited a few times this year with VAR but not to that extent.
Im so sorry Joyfulpenguin that you had to go through that kind of a result.

Super proud of the entire club with that performance though, we controlled 2/3 of that game just lacking quality in the final third again. I think that performance will give the boys a lot of confidence.

turbo

Stensness and Rowles were incredible tonight
This. Stensness was my player of the match.

Tough loss, probably the fair score line after the chances they made and what we didn’t. I don’t think there was nearly enough clear and obvious to over turn the penalty but we can’t keep relying on a fortunate penalty to save us.

Miller got his body position very wrong for the goal, if he’s upright he wins it or gets the foul. Can’t argue he was impeded if he’s hunched over to start with. BUT he also made Nigro look like a statue going forward.

Casella was invisible for half his time. Kuol was where you’d expect a striker to be but unfortunately the ball wasn’t very often.

The critical question is where are the goals going to come from?

Ancient Mariner

Don't know how anyone can say no pen against Birra.

Both of the defender's hands are grabbing his elbow and dragging him down. It could not be clearer.
At frame by frame slomo it looks like he grabs Birra.
BUT, Birra trod on his foot to cause him to fall as they were both moving backwards, O'Neil's hands reached for bzirra to save him self but did not grab him nor his shirt. Kirra then fell over O'Neil.
If Birra falling over a player on the ground is a pen then fair enough, but I think the reason for overturning it was that Birra caused the fall initially.

My original argument is that I would prefer no VAR and a 2-1 loss along with a discussion of the competence of our refs.

We need better quality refs, VAR is just amplifying the incompetence and destroying the game.

Ancient Mariner

Urena is a cut above and would look much better in a team with players who could control his quick one touch passes rather than be surprised or have them bounce away. He needs a quality poacher up front with him or just some one who can tear a hole in the back of the net without taking touches.
I was impressed with Miller's pace and go forward. Build his confidence and give him more minutes to gain experience
Nizz attacking their defenders and not letting them play out from the back comfortably was a reason that they could not settle and take us apart. If he can learn how to score he will be a legend of an AM. He possibly could play anywhere on the field.
Both centre backs and both DMs were awesome.
Happy to see Bouman used as a forward replacement rather than a winger.

pjennings

This. Stensness was my player of the match.

Tough loss, probably the fair score line after the chances they made and what we didn’t. I don’t think there was nearly enough clear and obvious to over turn the penalty but we can’t keep relying on a fortunate penalty to save us.

Miller got his body position very wrong for the goal, if he’s upright he wins it or gets the foul. Can’t argue he was impeded if he’s hunched over to start with. BUT he also made Nigro look like a statue going forward.

Casella was invisible for half his time. Kuol was where you’d expect a striker to be but unfortunately the ball wasn’t very often.

The critical question is where are the goals going to come from?
He wasn't impeded. He was fouled. If he wasn't pushed in the back Noone would not have got the ball.

pjennings

City have done enough over the course of the season to deserve the plate.

Our record against the remaining teams is not too bad. I think the bolded teams with us will make the finals

OPP PTS CCM PTS
MCI 6 3 - shared points in the H&A portion plus tonight's game
SFC 2 4
MAC 0 6
ADL 3 3 - ADL winning the infamous divers game

BNE 4 1
WEL 3 3
WSW 4 1
PG 1 4

Ancient Mariner

Are we really saying that level of accidental contact is enough to scrub off pulling someone down? Bozza is fond of saying it’s a contact sport and often he’s full of it but there’s going to be some contact.
I saw it as no reason for the ref to blow his whistle at all. I saw it as an accidental coming together and both players falling. I very much doubt if that had happened there would have been a few calls for a foul, but without much conviction.
Anywhere else on the field it would have been play on and hardly noticed.

turbo

He wasn't impeded. He was fouled. If he wasn't pushed in the back Noone would not have got the ball.
I don’t think there was anything overly wrong with it, Miller opened the door for Noone to be able to play at the ball by hunching over.

Though I am glad the second goal was knocked off because Rowles was clearly fouled before any hint of handball came in to it.

I saw it as no reason for the ref to blow his whistle at all. I saw it as an accidental coming together and both players falling.
I can respect that but once he has blown the whistle I expect more than that to overturn it. I’d also question the accidental nature of having your hands all over someone, there’s not really any legitimate reasons in football to have any significant grip on your opponent to the point of pulling them down or holding them back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred