• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

It is Tuesday yet? CCM V Scum

scottmac

Suspended
I reckon the team was missing some steel. We were soft. The ref let the heavy stuff go and no one got stuck in. We do have reason to be careful though because we need to play further than the weekend where as the Jest don't have anything other than pride to play for.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WTF was that ? We don’t want to play in the semi finals by the look of it, and I can see why that f**kbag steven Lucas is always a fourth official .. also I think the rest of the managers in the comp are maybe onto Staj...I mean missing Tongers and DDS can’t possibly have caused that much f**king miserable crap ...somethings rotten in Gosford ...Mr Charlesworth , your thoughts

Huddo

WTF was that ? We don’t want to play in the semi finals by the look of it, and I can see why that f**kbag steven Lucas is always a fourth official .. also I think the rest of the managers in the comp are maybe onto Staj...I mean missing Tongers and DDS can’t possibly have caused that much f**king miserable crap ...somethings rotten in Gosford ...Mr Charlesworth , your thoughts
Tongs departure didn't cause that, hall was a rock tonight.
That tonight, was us trying to breakdown 6 defenders with one mid, one forward, and a whole lot of dead weight

Big Dog

That's on staj, who the f**k goes all out attack on the most defensive team in the comp, pure stupidity.
We were always going to be suseptable to the counter.

Credit to them for the way they kept their structure and pressed as a team. Made them difficult to break down and challenged us to show up with something. We fired blanks all night and it was obvious after a few minutes we didn’t have the right mindset.
i think Staj has been found out by a few coaches this season. Sticks rigidly to the same formation and with a limited squad his changes are like for like. Our only creative outlets are DDS and Urena, one of them was missing and the other toiled on his own to create something in front of a midfield that was outplayed.

Allreet?

Hall was excellent but I did think we looked a tad tentative/uncertain at the back first half. Tongers perhaps papered over a few cracks with his incredible strength and anticipation. He and Kye together added up to more than two.

As for that arse of a ref...do not get me started.

I mean, we did ourselves no favours tonight but he did us none either and let the Jets get away with murder.

LFCMariners

Having a look at the ladder, would I be right in saying there is no way CCM can miss the finals and the contention is now simply whereabouts they finish?

Huddo

Having a look at the ladder, would I be right in saying there is no way CCM can miss the finals and the contention is now simply whereabouts they finish?
Macarther win, Adelaide win, Perth win their last 2 and queensland win their last one, and we lose vs WU, we come 7th

Big Dog

Whatever is happening off the pitch clearly affected them tonight. Could be many things - no doubt will come out in time.
Calling a complete guess now, we will have a new coach next season
It never crossed my mind that might happen, but thinking about tonight Staj didn’t get too animated during an insipid performance. Seemed happy to watch it all go by. ?

LFCMariners

I reckon the team was missing some steel. We were soft. The ref let the heavy stuff go and no one got stuck in. We do have reason to be careful though because we need to play further than the weekend where as the Jest don't have anything other than pride to play for.
This could be it.

Back in 1993 the Canberra Raiders were favourites for the Winfield Cup (remember that?) and then in a 68-0 mauling of Parramatta, Ricky Stuart went down with a season-ending injury and the Raiders crashed out in the finals with back to back losses.

I'd prefer a game like tonight with no injuries and a good kick up the arse/ fire up farken from Staj in time for the finals than to have won 4-0 with season-enders to key players. These rumours of a "rift" in the squad, if true, must be fresher than un-bagged dog shit because the last month (i.e ever since the 0-4 debacle) CCM have looked much better overall, with the poorest game before tonight in that period being the previous F3D.

I suspect tonight was a combination of mentally thinking about the weekend and a ref who was rather lenient on the Newcastle hack-jobs to say the least. Why else did Matty not fire up as he normally would and have Staj hook him early?

midfielder

Something was missing tonight the midfield were just not tracking back and kept getting caught up field...

There first two goals we had no one tracking their runners maybe we got use to the centre backs clearing the ball into safe zones...

The lack of fouls by the ref was terrible tonight and Matty was constantly fouled with nothing given.... he was starting to fire up over it and my guess is why he was replaced at half time.... he is needed for the finals assuming we make em...

Its nights like this when you realise how important DDS is to the side we just could not break them down...

Corsair

Nope. Perth could still do us if they won both games and roar win their other game. Might even come down to goal diff, which got a lot more real for us tonight.

Ozhammer

What a shithouse performance that was to supposedly celebrate the life of little Archie King, he would have likely been very disappointed watching down from on high tonight.

If nothing else, that should have inspired our boys to give everything tonight, let alone it being a damn derby.

I am really despising this bloody 4-2-2-2 formation that Staj is so wedded to, given the reliance it places on the FB’s to provide the attacking emphasis when neither of our proponents are good enough to carry that burden.

Tevor

Wish I hadn’t made the effort tonight, crowd and atmosphere turned up but our team didn’t. I’m not buying into conspiracies I just think it was all mental and we had the attitude we only had to turn up to win. Worst performance of the season. Better be a turn around for Saturday.

LFCMariners

Macarther win, Adelaide win, Perth win their last 2 and queensland win their last one, and we lose vs WU, we come 7th
Ok, so basically a level just above all those teams and the league conspiring to dump CCM out of the finals.

Looking at the fixtures list I think we're fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred