• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Trott good enough for the A-League?

Andy

Greenpoleffc said:
Totally agree with the comments about Clarky. Our back 4 cried out for his pace and energy against Perth.

Nobody could ever criticise Stringers heart or desire but he is probably only going to get a run as a last resort these days

Or designated driver. :-X :naughty:

rosko

Why is it we are talking about Trott, asking if he is good for the HAL, when we are concerned that Danny will be leaving after the Olympics, and a local keeper in Jess Van Stratten is negotiating with Sydney..... If hes good enough as a backup to Buffon at Juventus, get him back home to the Coast instead of seeing him go to the Bling...  :soapbox:

Deej

I reckon Danny will have 1 more year.......depends how he goes at the Olympics and whether a scout will snap him up.

Trott is ok as a back up but IMO will never be a Danny Vukovic.....he lacks leadership on the park I feel.  Something confidence and experience can get over time.

I have no doubt Lawrie has already spoken to Danny regarding his future, and if he's off at the end of the year Lawrie will already be looking at his options.

priorpeter

any of you guys seen this on wiki about trotty:

"He is considered the luckiest player in the A-league as he has no talent yet is still kept on the mariners book. It is rumoured he plays with a combination of cement and weights in his boots and gloves, which can be the only reason as to why he is so poor in goals, unable to even attempt a save or make any decent passes"

that's a bit harsh, innit? sure, not a world class keeper, but he definitly has potential to be quite good. probably some scum wrote this.

S

striker

DJ said:
I reckon Danny will have 1 more year.......depends how he goes at the Olympics and whether a scout will snap him up.

Danny is good for the A-league, but he might find that if he gets into europe, he'll on the bench a fair bit.

We have better use of him at the Mariners.

Deej

striker #9 said:
DJ said:

Danny is good for the A-league, but he might find that if he gets into europe, he'll on the bench a fair bit.

Agreed - Danny doesn't want to go overseas and sit on the bench for a year or 2, I think he himself has said that which is why I feel he may have 1 more season left in him at the Mariners....unless he gets an offer he can't refuse.

brett

Not many top clubs have #1 goalkeepers his age. If offered Liverpool or Coventry he'd just about be better going to Coventry. If he can start at a smaller club, then he is right in the shop window for the bigger teams. If he goes straight to a club with a good senior goalkeeper, he will develop more gradually.

Bear

Nowra said:
By the way Bear you were strangly quiet after Trotty's first 3 appearances this year. ::) ::) 

::) Here we go, people trying to fire me up. If you even knew a thing about me, you would know that iv always had the same opinion of Trott, great shot stopper, prone to moments of absolute brilliance, only to make some stupid f**k up and undo all his good work (pre season Orange). Even after every good game Trott has played, iv always said id still prefer Danny in there, any day of the week. I am a mariners fan, and will always trust Lawries decisions. For f**k sake, he picked Spencer in the starting team for 2 years, did I like it, no, did I deal with it, as im not picking the team, yes.

~Floss~

DJ said:
striker #9 said:
DJ said:

Agreed - Danny doesn't want to go overseas and sit on the bench for a year or 2, I think he himself has said that which is why I feel he may have 1 more season left in him at the Mariners....unless he gets an offer he can't refuse.

Another year here would also get him through the Olympics - where he is more likely to be seen an noticed by more overseas clubs. Hence I think he'd have more offers to choose between in a years' time than he would now.

brett

~Floss~ said:
DJ said:
striker #9 said:
DJ said:

Another year here would also get him through the Olympics - where he is more likely to be seen an noticed by more overseas clubs. Hence I think he'd have more offers to choose between in a years' time than he would now.

Nah, Olympics Final is mid-late August, leaving a week + for clubs to pick him up for the new European season if impressed. It would mean he would have signed a new contract here, as the current one would run out on June 30-ish, but that just means we get a transfer fee :)

Wombat

Danny loves it here. He loves the adolation of the fans....my misses cracks up at the way he struts towards us waiting for us to ask him the score.
He is a God on the coast and staying in the A-League will lead to him being the next Australian keeper.  Sitting on the bench of some shitty club in Germany/Sweden will drop him down the pecking order.
I think he is irreplacable and should have his current contract doubled and signed up for a futher 5 years. Its good business for us and for him as it stops blokes like Filan coming back next year and immediately become second choice to Swartzer (the keeper not Djitte!?).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred