• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Trott good enough for the A-League?

Wombat

I'm interested if you guys think Trott is good enough as first choice cover when Danny is out.

I like the bloke and he is quite a good shot stopper but his overall goalkeeping is poor.

For me he is a bit of a liability in goals. Sure he makes the game exciting but I can't see him keeping may clean sheets.

skilbeck

i honestly believe he might be a bit rusty because he hasnt been between goals much and he will improve over time

Andy

I think he is good enough.

In all honesty, you could only blame him for probably one of there goals last night. He could have probably done more with Biddle's chance.

CCM-JAM80

Andy said:
I think he is good enough.

In all honesty, you could only blame him for probably one of there goals last night. He could have probably done more with Biddle's chance.

As above.

Trott came in to a very difficult situation last night minus one man, I think all barring perhaps one change there was not much he was able to do. As I said in another thread, he made some class saves that KEPT us in the match.

Was it QLD when he saved our hide this season when called in for Danny?

I think he is a very good number two keeper and with regular playing time, he will mature in to a very good starting keeper as well.

Ted

I think he did well considering the circumstances and saw a some nice saves when the pressure was on. Like any player, more game time would/should improve one's overall confidence and abilty.

C

C U JIMMY

As an x goalie myself,  I think Trotty lacks confidence,  i e not coming off his line to close down Biddle,  unfortunately when a goalie gets a lack of confidence it makes the rest of the defence very nervous,  his shot stopping is ok but the rest of his game last night left a lot to be desired, who could forget his first 20 mins in his previous run on game.  I think he must improve a lot if he is ever to be a first class keeper.

Part_Timer

it would be hard to build confidence being a second string keeper and especialy coming into those circumstances last nite....personally i think he is good enough

~Floss~

I thought Trotty played incredibly well. It must be really hard to have to come on under those circumstances, as a reserve keeper who only rarely gets game time. If that's causing confidence issues at the moment, I can understand that.

Would it improve quickly with experience if he was a first-choice keeper for an A-league side? I guess that's the real question this thread poses.

Unfortunately for a keeper, one incident of inconsistency, poor judgement, low confidence or poor timing or positioning is enough to concede a goal. That was the case with Biddle's goal, but i think apart from that one occasion he made many classy saves.

poetryintheblood

From what I have seen, Trotty seems to be very shy, and that makes for lack of confidence at most times, and when the pressure is on, anybody would be very receptive to signs of nerves, so with time and more game play, I am sure Trotty will be a brilliant Gk, as he already shows great potential now.

mariners4ever

IMHO trott is very campable of being a A-LEAGUE goalkeeper it was just thathe wasnt kind of expecting to play let alone concede 5 goals.

YES- he did make a huge mistake by not coming off his line BUT he DID make an very good save with that free kick

Gen (MarinerMum)

Trotty does fill me with confidence when he plays.  It's OK to say he did not do this etc. but this guy has to wait for Danny to be off before he gets a go.  No backup league to keep him match ready, just cold turkey.  If Lawrie thinks he's OK then so do I.  I've seen him grow as a keeper especially this year and he's got my vote.

M

mariners_4_ever

trotty is good enough he just needs  a confidence boost

serious14

Wombat??    Remember that game against QLD earlier in the season, and the other game Trott played (can't remember who it was against)??    Remember how damn good he was in those??  I seem to remember him single handedly pulling off 3 magical saves against QLD to win us that game 1-0.......

The difference last night was he wasn't prepared (mentally or physically) to play...... did you see him still doing warm up stretches 10 minutes after coming onto the field??    And the whole week leading up to this (and all of yesterday) he would have been thinking "woo hoo, another night on the bench", and then to get the call of "get on the field, _NOW_", not "get ready to be peacefully subbed on in 10 minutes time", would have been a bit of a mind melter, y'know??

Props to Trotty says I, he did awesome.

Sas

Thought Trott did quite well for a replacement keeper last night and that game against us earlier in the season showed that given the chance, he's as good as any other a-league keeper IMO.

rosko

Guys.. I thought Trotty played great last night. Every player on that paddock made errors, just as they all did something exceptional. Last night was a night not likely to be repeated, and Trotty played well. Sure 5 went past him. Sure he may have been able to do things differently at times. Did he make some great saves? Hell Yes.... Does he deserve to be in the HAL? As a backup definitely. I dont think there would be any team in the HAL with two number1 keepers. Sydney pressured our half when Vuko was carded. They knew that 'LUCK' had turned the game to give them an opportunity and pushed hard to get themselves in the game.
Trotty deserves his place in the team...
  Lets hope he shows the faith the management have in him against Melbourne this week...

cruiser

I think Trott's good enough, he just needs more match practice to help improve his confidence. I think that most keepers would have had trouble stopping two of Sydney's goals last night. He also made some very good saves. Being down a man and switching to defensive footy made it harder for Trott.

bradley

Depends

Shot stopper he's one of the best......

Coming of his line not so good.....

just my opinion

C

curious

He has two bad habits as a keeper. One is to stand on his line upright, flat footed & relaxed when the ball is in the box. The second is an extreme reluctance to move off his line for high balls/crosses. Where Danny will smash through brick walls to cut off a high ball, Trotty will be flat footed on his line waiting for defenders to shut it down.

He is a very good shot stopper, but at this stage, his refusal to move off his line makes him poor for high crosses & corners. Of course this is relative to his inexperience, age & the lack of game time of a back up keeper.

Bear

Wombat said:
I'm interested if you guys think Trott is good enough as first choice cover when Danny is out.

I like the bloke and he is quite a good shot stopper but his overall goalkeeping is poor.

For me he is a bit of a liability in goals. Sure he makes the game exciting but I can't see him keeping may clean sheets.

I knew someone would start this shit

Trott made 1 mistake last night. 1. And it lead to a goal. Would Danny have done the same thing? Who knows. 2 days ago id have said I wouldnt think Danny would deliberatly hand ball out side the area, and look what happens. Danny would have let in every single one of those goals last night

Greenpoleffc, pull your head in. At fault for at least 3 of the goals ??? Iv read some shit on this forum today and in the past, but thats near the top

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred