• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

IF there was to be a new coach next season - who?

FFC Mariner

I suspect they have been hunting for a replacement for some time. Maybe the 2-8 loss coincided with them finding a replacement.

I dont know - the circumstances, the timing and the lack of an instant plan B implies it was a knee jerk reaction based on the sides abject capitulation.
The stories about how he was treating players etc wouldnt be leaked if we had won on Saturday.

Insertnamehere

Gatty's reporting that Stajcic will be taking over to the end of the season:
Good and bad. I like it as a try before you buy for both parties..I like stajcics resume on the surface. If we get a massiv
Smart move. Gives us a look at him without a major commitment.

A couple of wins would make a massive difference to our plight.
I'd settle for 1 win with some tricky games coming up. Be nice if we had roar in the last round. Really target jest or Citeh games.

turbo

A couple of wins would make a massive difference to our plight.

Even one and looking more competitive would be enough to ask some serious questions about MM’s tenure. If we picked up 3 or 4 points in 6 weeks and looked better with an inherited squad it might alleviate some of the hate towards management.

FFC Mariner

Im a bit suspicious of the leaks hanging Mulvey out to dry.
Yes, he signed duds and was by all accounts a terrible man manager but...
People above him allowed him to do it and didnt step in when it started to turn to shit (quite early on apparently)
Yes, he is "a" problem but for weak management to point at him and claim its all his fault is simplistic and misleading

scottmac

Suspended
Im a bit suspicious of the leaks hanging Mulvey out to dry.
Yes, he signed duds and was by all accounts a terrible man manager but...
People above him allowed him to do it and didnt step in when it started to turn to shit (quite early on apparently)
Yes, he is "a" problem but for weak management to point at him and claim its all his fault is simplistic and misleading
There is enough media out there going straight for Chatsworth not Mulvey no matter the leaks

Big Al

Good and bad. I like it as a try before you buy for both parties..I like stajcics resume on the surface. If we get a massiv

I'd settle for 1 win with some tricky games coming up. Be nice if we had roar in the last round. Really target jest or Citeh games.
Citeh are ours for the taking again. There our bunnies for sure.

nebakke

I dont know - the circumstances, the timing and the lack of an instant plan B implies it was a knee jerk reaction based on the sides abject capitulation.
The stories about how he was treating players etc wouldnt be leaked if we had won on Saturday.

I entirely agree that it's optimistic to fire the coach and expect much - if any - change. However, given the stories that were leaking throughout last week, I don't think there's anything unreasonable or unnatural to how they've been 'breaking' yesterday and today. We all knew there was an issue with Hoole and there was speculation on here about Pain on Friday and it was only exacerbated when he wasn't on the team either... Similarly with Pearce over the last month-or-so...

Antlion

Coach change may yet help. The clubs problems run to years of under-funding in every department, especially the football department, so no coach can win the league with us.

BUT - Mulvey was clearly a terrible coach.
Did not improve players.
Did not settle on a team line up.
Did not have us fit enough or mentally resilient.
Terrible team choices and subs - we could all see the mistakes and repeatedly voiced them so a coach should know far better.
Fill in the rest - there's a heap but I don't have the time right now

Spacks

Didn't have a fitness coach much of this season so I'd put that down on MC not MM. We definitely require the following if we haven't already

• Fitness Coach
  • 1 or 2 scouts
  • New GK coach
  • Video Data analysts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members