• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

If I were manager, at this point in time, I would..........

Ads

Mcging Aspro O’Neill Clisby
Miller Melling Tom Oar
Simon Pain

* Wonder if O’Neill would consider branding himself as a flexible defender, if he wants Socceroos he could be the next Milligan, Degenek replacement and make a statement where there is less competition for spots. He stands tall and could make a strong central defender.

* Making Miller a more dedicated wide midfielder would save his legs for a more consistent attacking role especially moving into the second half where we loose momentum.

* With our loss of momentum after 20/30 minutes I would go back to simple and use 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2.
As the players get tired it is easier to create 2 strong lines across the pitch and slide from side to side, the simple structure will give players more confidence and sell it to the players as 3 brick wall lines that the opposition will not pass.

* As with Miller, use Pain more floating to the left as a forward to save his legs for when it counts on forward runs on through balls. With Oar back and Millar crossing, storinger, faster and more enthusiastic runs from our forwards will help meet the crosses.

* And with Pain more closer to Simon, get them to split the backs like under 12’s so goalkeeper has to clear, makes it a 60/40 chance of us gaining possession rather than 0.5% and us running round like headless chooks wasting energy!!

Just my thoughts.

Mcglinchy on for Tom - 60/70min
Murray on for Simon/Oar - 70/80min
Rowles back up Fullback

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members