• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HMAS Adelaide - Yay or Nay?

serious14

poko said:
I am actually quite interested to hear the people's views on who DON'T want the ship and why...

Still trying to find someone who feels that way tbh.  Everyone I've talked to is for it.

marinermick

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?v=wall&gid=318448216986

good page that has lots of discussion from both sides

just wade thrugh the personal stuff

serious14

"Mike Rubbo - The shark threat can also hurt our brand"

Discounting the fact he perceives his beach as a "brand" (A-Grade wankery in action right there) - the ocean is where the sharks live.  You take that risk _every_ time you step into the water.

Also, those going on about "it will change coastal tides"..... get a grip.  Do you understand at all how tides and waves work??  Fuck me.

ALSO (honestly), those going on about "it will be a shipping hazard".  The LARGEST tankers in the world have a keel depth of 27m.  The tankers that use Newcastle port are _not_ these tankers (average of 18m keel depth).  The Adelaide is being scuttled in 36m of water.

Are these people Limited News readers or what??

MagpieMariner

serious14 said:
"Mike Rubbo - The shark threat can also hurt our brand"

Discounting the fact he perceives his beach as a "brand" (A-Grade wankery in action right there) - the ocean is where the sharks live.  You take that risk _every_ time you step into the water.

Also, those going on about "it will change coastal tides"..... get a grip.  Do you understand at all how tides and waves work??  Fuck me.

ALSO (honestly), those going on about "it will be a shipping hazard".  The LARGEST tankers in the world have a keel depth of 27m.  The tankers that use Newcastle port are _not_ these tankers (average of 18m keel depth).  The Adelaide is being scuttled in 36m of water.

Are these people Limited News readers or what??

Must be the same ppl who complained about the introduction of daylight saving would cause their curtains to fade, and changing the clock is interfering with nature.
I had hoped they'd all died out by now.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
When they are all dead, REPUBLIC time

In accordance with their overlords/reverends, they breed like rabbits.  This ensures they/the overlords financial lifeblood will never die.  :fireup:

dibo

FFC Mariner said:

Merci, Monsieur Robespierre. Nous vous donnerons le droit utiliser la guillotine dans un faon responsable

J

jiggles

Apparently, they think it's Toxic.

I hope when they LOSE the case, they will be forced to pay everyones wages and for all the money put into promotion, and organisation of the event...all the hotels that lost customers, all the stores that brought in extra stock...

Seriously, it's a joke.

Others have been sunk around Australia, and it has made the populations THRIVE! If any of them had actually gone to the areas, to see how much it has done for the location...I'd be willing to listen to their argument. It's been done also in 2 locations off the coast of NZ, and I've seen videos of Before and After...before it was dead. After, alive with sea life and marine species populated at an amazing rate in 2 years.

FFC Mariner

serious14 said:
dibo said:
FFC Mariner said:

Merci, Monsieur Robespierre. Nous vous donnerons le droit utiliser la guillotine dans un faon responsable

Andrew's favourite language for sure......

:popcorn:

Only to be used when cravenly surrendering to something.

Ces personnes seront d'abord contre le mur le jour venu frres

goingtoadisco

Hey guys Im somewhat opposed to it.

First of I am no hippy. But my livelihood depends on Avoca beach staying the way that it is, a pristine beach with good surf conditions. I dont agree with most of the protest arguments but I do agree with some.

Like everyone on the coast I was really excited about this ship, i had never been scuba diving but was really keen to give it a go.
Just on some of your points, the top of the boat will be 8m deep (though I dont think it will affect shipping cos it will be on gps, nor will it affect tides. It will affect beach sediment transport and will effect wave re faction this is agreed upon by every coastal engineer that has looked at the project though they do disagree on the degree of refraction).

Its also not 3km of the beach, only 1.8 Km.
The report says 6 jobs will be created by 3000 divers coming to the reef every year. 3500 people use Avoca beach everyday during the holiday periods so our beach is our income and our life. 

To explain the protests >

It all started in January when we found out the boat would be of Avoca and not Terrigal. Panic within the community ensued. Why were we lied to about location ect ect

It got worse when our board riders committee went to a meeting in late January to ask what the impact would be. The coastal engineer said it probably wont change the beach but his testing was basic, they also said they could not confirm whether there could be adverse side effects from PCB's.... everyone freaked out.

They then did further studies and the general conclusion from alot of international experts was that this ship was allot more dangerous than the government was making it out to be. Once again panic ensued.  You can see how this got out of hand very fast.

I really do feel sorry for the people that have spent so much time and money into getting this ship sunk, however a simple letter drop by the council (like the one they did explaining the parking and traffic delays there will be on Friday and Saturday) about how Avoca was chosen as the location, explaining where the ship will be sunk and what impacts there will be would have helped them and the local community. Instead of creating a panic environment and a rushed decision in the courts the people who opposed it could have had their say, more testing could have been done and a logical conclusion could have been met.

Hopefully the ship will be sunk, but further off shore so it can be guaranteed there will be no impact then everyone will win.

FFC Mariner

Sink the farken ship please.

Bomb it rather than scuttle it just to get those selfish nimby wankers even more upset

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred