• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heart V Mariners

greenlig

Looking forward to attending a match, will grab some ring ins and deck them out appropriately. Worried about this game, Nabbout has turned them round (also on Clisby’s side) and McLaren is looking good. Is this just the trauma talking?

Will there be an away day travelling contingent?

Allreet?

Didn't we beat them comfortably a few weeks ago?

They've definitely improved since then (and I think we've lost our steel since Stens has been out). Even if he comes back in from the start it'll take the team a while properly gel again. So we're vulnerable, but if we can rise to the occasion a win is definitely achievable.

Could be an absolute classic this game.

Michael

Yeah they’re the attacking form team at the moment.
We can beat them and we can stop them too. Huge effort required and we have to up our possession game. Some of the boys are starting to fatigue earlier in the last couple games.

Forum Phoenix

City had a shocker defensively with us, but regardless I think we have the quality to cause problems for them. The understanding between our players is very good and only growing and some of the link play has been as good or better than anything we’ve literally ever played. And competition for spots is hot

Key is keeping their attack quiet and in particular giving no space in behind. They had what, two chances for two goals last game.

I’m interested to see how Staj will play this away from home. Very defensively tight and look to counter, or go a bit more more toe to toe with upfield pressure. I suspect the former. With select periods of upfield pressure given they’ve been shakey back there at times.

I don’t think we’re playing with the same pace, intensity and aggression. in the middle of the park that we started the year with - wouldn’t mind seeing this lifted too.

onto it

I don’t think we’re playing with the same pace, intensity and aggression. in the middle of the park that we started the year with - wouldn’t mind seeing this lifted too.
Stenz has been absent of course, and I thought he was still off the pace last game but I imagine he will fire up quickly and be a driver in the midfield as we get to finals time.
Overall though, the lads really need to focus to stay on top through this middle of the season patch.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So, has Kuol seemed a bit quieter after hitting his 4th card? Like he doesn't commit himself quite as much for fear of getting suspended?
The yellows are definitely something for him to work on - but I'd want to see him at 100% this match - and i he picks up the 5th yellow, so be it - probably the best time to pick it up (though yes, he could still get his next suspension later in the season).

We need immense games from Stens and Nis.

scottmac

Suspended
So, has Kuol seemed a bit quieter after hitting his 4th card? Like he doesn't commit himself quite as much for fear of getting suspended?
The yellows are definitely something for him to work on - but I'd want to see him at 100% this match - and i he picks up the 5th yellow, so be it - probably the best time to pick it up (though yes, he could still get his next suspension later in the season).

We need immense games from Stens and Nis.
I think he can back it off a bit when without the ball but he needs to go at defences with the ball. Like you said if he cops another yellow trying to get a 50/50 lose ball then so be it. But diving in when trying to stop a pass out........ he doesn't need to do that. Just move to a position that causes pressure and then track back if he can't intercept

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think he can back it off a bit when without the ball but he needs to go at defences with the ball. Like you said if he cops another yellow trying to get a 50/50 lose ball then so be it. But diving in when trying to stop a pass out........ he doesn't need to do that. Just move to a position that causes pressure and then track back if he can't intercept
He's earned plenty of pointless cards, mostly just from being weirdly clumsy in tackles.

At this point in the season I'd rather have 100% Kuol who cops a suspension or two, then 75% Kuol who's afraid to earn a card (if that's what it is).
Then during the off-season the coaching staff really work with his technique/discipline and next season we get 100% Kuol without the suspensions. And he'll get there with maturity.

Wombat

He's earned plenty of pointless cards, mostly just from being weirdly clumsy in tackles.

At this point in the season I'd rather have 100% Kuol who cops a suspension or two, then 75% Kuol who's afraid to earn a card (if that's what it is).
Then during the off-season the coaching staff really work with his technique/discipline and next season we get 100% Kuol without the suspensions. And he'll get there with maturity.

He is aggressive and knows how to tackle. He likes a ball and all tackle and that is why he has copped a few (soft) yellow cards. He is also amped up when he comes on. I wouldn't be changing to much just quietly. His tackles are not clumsy, they are letting the Defender know that the New Sheriff is in town.

Insertnamehere

Didn't we beat them comfortably a few weeks ago?

They've definitely improved since then (and I think we've lost our steel since Stens has been out). Even if he comes back in from the start it'll take the team a while properly gel again. So we're vulnerable, but if we can rise to the occasion a win is definitely achievable.

Could be an absolute classic this game.
Helped when they went a player down.

style_cafe

I get the not diving in but most of his yellows have been a 50/50 ball and some have been a bit harsh.
By tackling for everything he puts pressure on the defence to make mistakes and he does this very effectively.
I`d prefer he keeps going as he is but be mindful of the yellows.
Experience will help him find a good balance... :popcorn:

Melange

Helped when they went a player down.
I do remember at the time feeling we were going to come back and win despite that red. After their early goals we started to dominate them.

His second yellow came from panicked defending after their defense had been under the pump for a concerted period, from memory one of our goals came from panicked defending too.

They are in much better form and I've got a feeling our midfield is also coming into better form - should be a cracker!

midfielder

This is a real test .... Heartless will not take us lightly nor will the media nor Football community...

Heartless & Glory are my picks as the top two sides ...

Huge game ...

Its funny teams like we look like now often go well in big matches and lose in matches we are expected to win... i.e. beat Heartless and then loose to Victory...

Our defensive weakness is at right and left back... but I am sure Staj understands this ...

Big game... come on boys...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami