• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heart V Mariners

Pirate Pete

Not seen the ins and outs posted yet but I am hearing Stensness is out
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 4.Joshua NISBET, 5.Stefan NIGRO, 8.Oliver BOZANIC (c), 10.Daniel DESILVA, 11.Jack CLISBY, 12.Marcos UREÑA, 14.Daniel BOUMAN, 15.Kye ROWLES, 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michal JANOTA, 23.Dan HALL, 25. Matthew HATCH, 26.Jaden CASELLA, 29.Alou KUOL, 32. Max BALARD

INS: 32. Max BALARD (Promoted)

OUTS: 6. Gianni STENSNESS (Foot – 1 week)

Unavailable: 6. Gianni STENSNESS

Big Al

Stens pulled up sore. Wasn’t the best conditions for someone coming off an injury but i am sure they thought he was right because it did seem he was training the week before

Corsair

Some of the boys are starting to fatigue earlier in the last couple games
Although we've been getting results I'm not too happy with the substitutions, I think we're leaving them too late. It's also become a very predictable strategy, none the less, one that is working so I understand the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach.

Allreet?

We have to keep Nabbout and MacLaren quiet to win this. Last time we stifled MacLaren's service but Nabbout wasn't playing and he's a lot harder to keep out of the game - especially right now, in red hot form. He'll target both Nigro and Clisby so they'll have their work cut out.

I wonder if it's worth doing something quite radical to stop them - like going to three at the back in defence with the wide fullbacks given special missions to stick close to Nabbout and Noone?

Forum Phoenix

We have to keep Nabbout and MacLaren quiet to win this. Last time we stifled MacLaren's service but Nabbout wasn't playing and he's a lot harder to keep out of the game - especially right now, in red hot form. He'll target both Nigro and Clisby so they'll have their work cut out.

I wonder if it's worth doing something quite radical to stop them - like going to three at the back in defence with the wide fullbacks given special missions to stick close to Nabbout and Noone?

Midfield battle will be harder to win but Nabbout still likes space to run into - go 3 at the back and in transition he’ll find it and we’ll get ripped apart. I think the two banks of four kept very disciplined is still our best bet.

The main difference I see is their striker quality. They ruthlessly take their chances. But that said Matty and Urena are only getting better and we’re creating plenty of good chances against all teams. This should be a good game.

Where I think we have the edge on city is hunger and spirit. We need to really compete and dig in again imo.

turbo

Huge risk in upsetting our system in the hope it hurts their game more than ours. IMO we do what we've been doing with some tweaks and close analysis on their danger men. Make sure we turn up and play our game.

Allreet?

I only mean in defence - not as something static. It would mean that whenever we don't have the ball we've got (say) Ollie dropping into a back three with the two wide backs man marking instead of zonal. The number ten would have to drop to fill Ollie's spot, which would largely mean surrendering our high press (which we don't always use anyway).

Maybe I'm overthinking it... We tend to out-swarm other teams other teams with fitness and enthusiasm so chances are we'll be trying that again tonight. But City will be REALLY up for this. It's a massive challenge and I can already feel the adrenaline.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I was feeling like this might be a loss, but the closer we get to the game my confidence is rising. Staj always has an effective plan and the boys will be up for a big fight.
I'm nervous, that's for sure.

I do worry about our mids giving them too much room. The last few games in particular I think our midfield has opened right up - compared to the first few games when our midfield compressed massively as soon as we lost the ball and gave them no room to move - and when we've struggled most in the last few games is when we lost control in the midfield (and then lost out feed to the attack as well).

If that happens, it's all over. And City will know that.

jacobsfl

I'm still curious as to what the story is with Jankovic.... odd that one of our VISA imports would only have played 9 minutes up until now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred