• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Round 19

marinersman

Does anybody else think Queensland are in trouble now?

I reckon Sydney will do them next week and then they have to go to Adelaide in the last round.

I have a funny feeling we'll be playing Kossie's pricks in the major semi. I must admit it would be awesome to play the pricks home and away for the GF spot. Sell outs both legs for sure.

northernspirit

marinersman said:

I reckon Sydney will do them next week and then they have to go to Adelaide in the last round.

I have a funny feeling we'll be playing Kossie's pricks in the major semi. I must admit it would be awesome to play the pricks home and away for the GF spot. Sell outs both legs for sure.
best result for us would be budget and pussycats drawing with us winning against perth tommorrow and then scum next week, thatd sew up the title for us and send us into asia :D

fedelta

northernspirit said:
marinersman said:

best result for us would be budget and pussycats drawing with us winning against perth tommorrow and then scum next week, thatd sew up the title for us and send us into asia :D

Yeah i was gonna say that. So Queensland and Sydney would both be on 31 and we would be on 36 with the final round still to play

northernspirit

yep meaning a maximum possible points for them of 34 meaning we would have the wellington game to celebrate the minor premiership (as the qld-syd game is the day after our game v newcastle)

brett

What a fantastic result for us.

I disagree with those saying 'our game is massive now'. Our game would have been more important if Queensland had won. As it stands now we can lose and still wrap things up in the home games.

But if you're saying we've now got a massive opportunity, totally right! With Sydney and Queensland getting each other next week we should have top 2 football wrapped up if we beat Perth.

It would be good if Syd and Qld drew but when was the last A-League draw? There have been practically none in this half of the season.

Jocwa08

brett said:
It would be good if Syd and Qld drew but when was the last A-League draw? There have been practically none in this half of the season.

I know there's none these days
I remember at the start of the season
First 6 games or so every team was
having draws then the injuries came

marinersman

brett said:
What a fantastic result for us.

I disagree with those saying 'our game is massive now'. Our game would have been more important if Queensland had won. As it stands now we can lose and still wrap things up in the home games.

But if you're saying we've now got a massive opportunity, totally right! With Sydney and Queensland getting each other next week we should have top 2 football wrapped up if we beat Perth.

Very good post Brett. Completely agree with everything you said. Win tonight and it's almost one foot in Asia. Sydney and Queensland meeting next week plays right into our hands and couldn't be a better scenario.

I reckon the pricks will beat the Queensland rednecks next week.

I can see a major semi against the flying circus. The anticipation of it all is almost too much to bear.

dibo

~Floss~ said:
serious14 said:
brett said:
but when was the last A-League draw? There have been practically none in this half of the season.

You just _had_ to say it didn't you???  :p

When was the last time we son a derby match FFS?!

that's the spirit! ;D

for those of you playing at home, it was february 2006 - minor semi first leg away.

Andy

dibo said:
~Floss~ said:
serious14 said:
brett said:
but when was the last A-League draw? There have been practically none in this half of the season.

that's the spirit! ;D

for those of you playing at home, it was february 2006 - minor semi first leg away.

We beat them in August 2006 2-1 in the PSC semi final.

James Holland played for us that game as well.

dibo

Andy said:
dibo said:
~Floss~ said:
serious14 said:
brett said:

that's the spirit! ;D

We beat them in August 2006 2-1 in the PSC semi final.

James Holland played for us that game as well.

shit, we did too.

brett

Forget the Pre-Season Cup, it's time for the big boys stuff this Saturday.

There's basically a 2/3 chance that our semi final legs will be against NSW opposition. Man would those games be massive. There are intense times just around the corner. I can't wait!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred