• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumpy to sue Mariners

Jimmy

Were you one of the fair weather Aloi$i fans that turned on him later for being 'slow"? 

What's with all the newbies or low posters coming on here and accusing some the hardcore marinators as being fairweather fans or even bogans in my case.  :p

adz

Staff member
it may surprise you but there are plenty of mariners fans that don't even know about or look at this site

dru

Jimmydinho said:
Were you one of the fair weather Aloi$i fans that turned on him later for being 'slow"? 

What's with all the newbies or low posters coming on here and accusing some the hardcore marinators as being fairweather fans or even bogans in my case.  :p

They thought you were aussiecross.  ;)

Most would not remember 4-0 against Perth in Season 1, take no notice of them. Next they will be saying Gen doesn't support the mariners away from home.

Bear

midfielder said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
i think he should have started GF ahead of Owens IMO

Hindsight is a wonderful thing tho. I probably would have started him over Owens to. Owens had been out for ages, was not match fit. I dont think many people doubt Gumps should have got a start.

Why ? ? ?  att mids  - Tommy P & Owens, Def mids Jedi & Hut

Why what? What r u saying?

midfielder

Bearinator said:
midfielder said:
Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
i think he should have started GF ahead of Owens IMO

Hindsight is a wonderful thing tho. I probably would have started him over Owens to. Owens had been out for ages, was not match fit. I dont think many people doubt Gumps should have got a start.

Why ? ? ?  att mids  - Tommy P & Owens, Def mids Jedi & Hut

Why what? What r u saying?

I would not have started Gumps in the GF .......... Owens was the better choice IMO.

midfielder

adz said:
midfielder said:
I would not have started Gumps in the GF .......... Owens was the better choice IMO.

even though he wasn't fit?

TBH I would have started with Matty as right mid and left them both on the bench. But as Matty was their as the replacement striker then Owens and Grumps had to do a match between them as neither were totally match fit and I would rather Grumpy at the finish than Owens.

marinermick

i would have risked tommy for the grand final

if he was fit enough for the bench then he should have been used as a starter

might have blown up in lawrie's face, but it was a too important game to leave him out

adz

Staff member
midfielder said:
TBH I would have started with Matty as right mid and left them both on the bench. But as Matty was their as the replacement striker then Owens and Grumps had to do a match between them as neither were totally match and I would rather Grumpy at the finish than Owens.

I wouldn't mind seeing Matty at right mid too - considering our signings so far I doubt that will ever happen though

midfielder

adz said:
midfielder said:
TBH I would have started with Matty as right mid and left them both on the bench. But as Matty was their as the replacement striker then Owens and Grumps had to do a match between them as neither were totally match fit and I would rather Grumpy at the finish than Owens.

I wouldn't mind seeing Matty at right mid too - considering our signings so far I doubt that will ever happen though

Agree ......... IMO Matty natural position to me anyway is a wide mid.

fruitbat

"They also MIGHT have lost 10 points and lost the premiership."

Very true. The point I'm making is that Bearinator cant conlude that it was "obvious' that there was no risk to the team in not playing AG. There may have been, there may not have been. The fact that the team fluked a spot in the finals after losing that 9 point lead doesnt mean there wasnt a risk in not playing AG. (Bearinator however claims that there was no risk because we got to the final).

"The point is they won the premiership without Gumprecht so you can't say that CCM would have lost it if they didn't play Gumprecht you can say that they might have if they did."

I didnt say we WOULD have lost (you really must read the threads more closely before posting). My point is that if Management are found to have not played AG for any reason other than performance they WILL have risked the success of the team. Its quite simple to understand.

"You didn't see all the matches and are accusing someone who I KNOW did of being a fairweather fan? Heck this'll be good for a laugh."
Again, try reading the posts before responding. I was asking Bearinator if he was a fair-weather fan of ALOISI.

How about yourself, were you one who gushed over Aloisi when he was in the team and turned on him when he left (and maybe said he was "too slow" afterwards?)

fruitbat

Bearinator said:
fruitbat said:

LOL see the stats in my signature, that should tell you if im a fair weather fan or not

And Aloi$i was always slow, not just when he left. You dont need to be a fast striker to be good, see Sasho, but how many 33 year old lightning quick good midfielders do you see going round?

No, you didnt read my post properly- I asked whether you were once a fan of Aloisi, who then turned on him as 'slow' when he left.
You now say that Aloisi is slow yet an earlier post of yours sugests you didnt always think that way. (Bit hard to run off those long balls if you are 'slow'. The post also suggests you recognise how lucky we were to scrape through.

"Simon - long balls all day, milks free kicks well as he is so lanky

Aloi$i and Sash - run off those long balls

Id start all 3 next game. Need to win, second chance if we dont, f**k it, throw caution to the win"

fruitbat

Jimmydinho said:

LOL. I havent accused anyone of being a fairweather fan of the MARINORS, but asked whether Bearinator was a fairweather fan of ALOISI.

Serious question:-is it true that Tottenham hotspur fans are Jewish? (Pom friend just off the boat swears thats the case).

Bear

Im not arguing with you fruitbat, you seem to know it all anyway  ::) and are completly obsessed with Andre so anything negative anyone says about him will be wrong in your eyes anyway, and you clearly wont open your other eye, so whats the point

Even if you dont like it, believe it or not, people get SLOWER with age, which in turn limits their skills..... everyone except Gumps of course, who like a fine wine, he just seems to be getting better and better with age  ::)

Jimmy

fruitbat said:
Jimmydinho said:

LOL. I havent accused anyone of being a fairweather fan of the MARINORS, but asked whether Bearinator was a fairweather fan of Aloi$i.

Serious question:-is it true that Tottenham hotspur fans are Jewish? (Pom friend just off the boat swears thats the case).

1. It's spelt MarinErs

2. Yes, Tottenham do have a large jewish following, and no, I'm not jewish. It's not wise to stereotype people.

fruitbat

Bearinator said:
Im not arguing with you fruitbat, you seem to know it all anyway  ::) and are completly obsessed with Andre so anything negative anyone says about him will be wrong in your eyes anyway, and you clearly wont open your other eye, so whats the point

Even if you dont like it, believe it or not, people get SLOWER with age, which in turn limits their skills..... everyone except Gumps of course, who like a fine wine, he just seems to be getting better and better with age  ::)

LOL Good to see you have a sense of humour:)

Bearinator, I'm a club fan AND a Gumprecht fan. I'd like to see him get some justice if he has been wronged. (Nothing wrong with that is there)?

You are right; we DO get slower with age- I'm just not sure this is why he wasnt played last year-hopefully the truth will come out with the litigation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred