• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumpy to sue Mariners

Andy

Bearinator said:
SNOWMARINER said:
Far more likely to be at the Jets I'd say.

He was linked with Sydney less than 3 months ago tho. Would be a great impact player where ever he goes tho, cant see him starting many, which is what he wants tho

Also linked to Queensland Roar after the GCG fell through.

It seems this move is still on the cards:

Farina hopes to sign Vukovic's Mariners teammate, German midfielder Andre Gumprecht, who had been linked with a move to the Gold Coast Galaxy before the FFA put its A-League expansion plans on hold.

But the Roar's priority is to lure two Brazilians a striker and an attacking midfielder to the club. Until Farina locks in his South American signings, both Gumprecht and Adelaide United striker Dez Giraldi are in limbo.

Giraldi yesterday remained confident of linking with the Roar, having agreed to initial terms with the club.

Source

MrCelery

MarinaTed said:
Much prefer to see Gumps with us than against us...
Hear, hear.

I'm not taking sides because I don't know the whole story, and have never met him. But I will say he was one of the few players in 30 years of following the top flight football in Oz that really got my hopes up whenever he came on\got the ball.

He was a real impact player. Sad to see it end this way.

georgemladenov

kevrenor said:
Bearinator said:
SNOWMARINER said:
Far more likely to be at the Jets I'd say.

He was linked with Sydney less than 3 months ago tho. Would be a great impact player where ever he goes tho, cant see him starting many, which is what he wants tho

He would have done well to seek a loan out to the NSWPL, then if he carved it up he could have had better bargaining power.

Feel sorry for him, I thank him for all his contribution, but it is one of those hard decisions coaches have to make.  He will aways be the Marinators player of the year for our first season .

Gumpy has been training with Bankstown City Lions for the last week and will be unveiled as a player within the next 2 weeks. He was spotted at Jensen Park today and saw his new teamates totally implode against West Sydney Berries. Unless he changes the mood at the club dramatically, he's in for a relegation dogfight.

As a member of both CCM and BCL, I'm quite elated with this outcome :D

bikinigirl

. similar to voice of reason's comments above i think it all comes down to the contract and i am not meaning to take sides, what's right is right and i would expect that from both sides. if gumpy has met his contractual obligations then so should the club - not too dissimilar to paying nik for effectively doing bugger all for 3 years or to turn around to trotty and terminate his contract now that a medium term replacement is needed for danny. the club needs to honour any commitments it has made (if they have not already)

. drawing together a few things discussed on the forum in the last 6 months or so (but may all be complete crap):

.. seems gumpy's contract was for 3+1 years
.. the fourth being depending on playing a certain number of games
.. gumpy's non-selection at times during v3 to activate the fourth year (valid management technique)
.. gumpy removing this clause in the closing stages of the season in an attempt for more game time
.. public criticism of his non-selection (not very mariner-like)
.. failure of galaxy to be admitted for v4
.. public acknowledgement of a legal battle

. so if galaxy were admitted there probably would not have been a problem. however i would suggest gumpy will be implying the aforementioned clause was removed under duress. it seems he has already burnt enough bridges to continue the fight - so it could become very public and a lot of trust could be lost by third parties

S

striker

Bearinator said:
kevrenor said:
Feel sorry for him, I thank him for all his contribution, but it is one of those hard decisions coaches have to make.  He will aways be the Marinators player of the year for our first season .

Or as 442 call it "the fans player of the year", pisses me off, they know we are the marinators, they know its us who decide, so call it like it is you pricks.

anyway

hang on ---- he might still be the "the fans player of the year".....

Facts are that the few hundred Marinators do not represent the opinion of the entire fan base.

Bear

striker #9 said:
Bearinator said:
kevrenor said:

Or as 442 call it "the fans player of the year", pisses me off, they know we are the marinators, they know its us who decide, so call it like it is you pricks.

anyway

hang on ---- he might still be the "the fans player of the year".....

Facts are that the few hundred Marinators do not represent the opinion of the entire fan base.

::) Did you even read the story on page 1?

"Gumprecht was the Supporters' Player of the Year in season one of the A-League and remains a well-liked figure with their fanbase"

I got 1 part wrong, 442 calls the award the "Supporters' Player of the Year" where in my post I called it "the fans player of the year", either way, it was the "marinators player of the year" award that he won not the supporters award, and 442 know it, but they seem to stear clear of what it really was, for some unknown reason.

fruitbat

Bearinator said:
Ok, WE will all support the club, as nobody is bigger than it, but what about the other 10,000+ who go f**king nuts when he comes on as a sub, even when he has played shit for weeks and cant get a run, THEY are the people who will read that story and take his side.

I dont support the club in this for the following reasons.

1.I thought he stood out from the first preseaon games in season 1.

2.If he was kept off the field last season for any other reason other than merit, those responsible risked the outcomes of our games for those reasons. THEY are the one you should be scrutinising. I hope your view that 'no one is bigger than the club also applies to any coach/manager/administrator that jeopardises the success of the team.

2.He is a total professional. (Playing and his clinics).His precision is great to watch.(Though his running style looks awkward).
I recall seeing him get a yellow card once only, yet people on this forum wet their pants over a GOALKEEPER being carded for striking a referee! How often do you see a keeper get carded? I recall Vukovic copped TWO last season- perhaps he has an anger problem?

3.I dont think is getting slower at all- there was huge support for Aloisi (who acted like a prima donna when he couldnt put the ball in the net) when in Marinators goodbooks until he went to sydney, then HE was accused for being slow."getting slow' looks like its the first reaction of fans who dont like an experienced players decision.

4.As for his clinics, my son has done his 10 week clinics 3 times (and went from D grade last season to A grade this season). He is a pro and a gentleman off the pitch as well.

Kareem

offtopic- how much are the clinics?
I always thought those clinics were a waste of time...I trained myself and got the same result! (although kids sometimes lack motivation and determination)

Bear

fruitbat said:
I hope your view that 'no one is bigger than the club also applies to any coach/manager/administrator that jeopardises the success of the team.

Lawrie and the coaching staff didnt play Gumps much this year. The team WAS successful. Sooooo obviously they didnt jeopardise the success of the team by not playing him, they made it a more successful year than v2

fruitbat said:
I recall seeing him get a yellow card once only

He got 3 yellow cards this year

fruitbat said:
I dont think is getting slower at all

He is quite obviously getting slower, you are just denying the blatantly obvious

FMMH

Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
Are you guys tellin me u dont go nuts for Andre?

No, I, and MANY others on here DONT go nuts for Andre. He pulls out of challenges, he waits till he has lost the ball, then chases the player who stole it and dose his trademark "slide" to try and get it back, and is just plain old getting older and slower, whilst the team around him grows from strength to strength.

+1

I can't even calculate how many challenges his pulled out of over the last 3 years with a calculator.

Bear

Kareem said:
i think he should have started GF ahead of Owens IMO

Hindsight is a wonderful thing tho. I probably would have started him over Owens to. Owens had been out for ages, was not match fit. I dont think many people doubt Gumps should have got a start.

fruitbat

Kareem said:
offtopic- how much are the clinics?
I always thought those clinics were a waste of time...I trained myself and got the same result! (although kids sometimes lack motivation and determination)

Price varies depending on the clinic.

There is a "First Touch" 10 week (1 hr/week) program my son did twice ( and is about to do again as he loves it so much). AG is his sporting hero, not often a boy can be coached by his idol. You are right about motivation-my son says that if he had to choose between a)having an entire weekend  or b) that 1 hr clinic on a Fri afternoon, he would pick the clinic.
"First Touch is $150 for 10x 1 hr sessions. Bloody good value IMO.

Soccerpro runs other clinics too. Check the link for these more comprehensive programs/ 1 on 1 tuition with AG.

http://www.soccerpro.com.au/

fruitbat

Bearinator said:
fruitbat said:
I hope your view that 'no one is bigger than the club also applies to any coach/manager/administrator that jeopardises the success of the team.

Lawrie and the coaching staff didnt play Gumps much this year. The team WAS successful. Sooooo obviously they didnt jeopardise the success of the team by not playing him, they made it a more successful year than v2

fruitbat said:

fruitbat said:

He is quite obviously getting slower, you are just denying the blatantly obvious

The fact that the team SCRAPED through despite AG not being played much doesnt mean that they didnt risk success by playing inferior players. Had he been played more, Mckinna may not have squandered that 9 point lead. As it was we were lucky that the results of other games leading up to the finals benefitted us.

I only saw him get one yellow (but I didnt see all the matches, so I accept your stat. Doesnt change the fact that hes a cool headed professional).

You say he is getting slower, and Im denying the obvious: just because you say it doesnt make it true.
Were you one of the fair weather Aloisi fans that turned on him later for being 'slow"? 

Omni

They also MIGHT have lost 10 points and lost the premiership.

The point is they won the premiership without Gumprecht so you can't say that CCM would have lost it if they didn't play Gumprecht you can say that they might have if they did.

You didn't see all the matches and are accusing someone who I KNOW did of being a fairweather fan? Heck this'll be good for a laugh.

marinermick

fruitbat said:
Bearinator said:
fruitbat said:

fruitbat said:

fruitbat said:

You say he is getting slower, and Im denying the obvious: just because you say it doesnt make it true.  

just because you are saying that he is not getting slower also does not make it true

all i know is that on many instances he tried to beat a player by pushing the ball past but in most cases could not run the defender down

it is no coincidence that his best work was coming off the bench this season when the opposition players were tired

we all love gumpy and i have had a beer or a chat with him many times, but at the price tag that comes with gumpy i respect lawrie's decision to better utilise that money

gumpy's contribution to the club and fans will never be forgotten

Bear

fruitbat said:
Were you one of the fair weather Aloi$i fans that turned on him later for being 'slow"?  

LOL see the stats in my signature, that should tell you if im a fair weather fan or not

And Aloisi was always slow, not just when he left. You dont need to be a fast striker to be good, see Sasho, but how many 33 year old lightning quick good midfielders do you see going round?

midfielder

Bearinator said:
Kareem said:
i think he should have started GF ahead of Owens IMO

Hindsight is a wonderful thing tho. I probably would have started him over Owens to. Owens had been out for ages, was not match fit. I dont think many people doubt Gumps should have got a start.

Why ? ? ?  att mids  - Tommy P & Owens, Def mids Jedi & Hut

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred