• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumpy to sue Mariners

Bear

Mariners Face Legal Row Over Gumprecht Contract -442

EXCLUSIVE: The Mariners increasingly frosty relationship with Andre Gumprecht could worsen with the German-born midfielder set to take legal action against the club, au.fourfourtwo.com can reveal.
Its understood Gumprecht has been working with the PFA (Professional Footballers Association) and his legal team ahead of meetings with the club in late April and early May.

The legal action centres on aspects of Gumprechts three-year contract with the club.

Its understood it involves a clause concerning a fourth year of that contract - a year that was said to be dependent on the midfielder playing an agreed number of times for the Gosford-based club.

When contacted by au.fourfourtwo.com, 33-year old veteran Gumprecht was reluctant to reveal too many details. Its early days, he said of his future plans.

But the PFA have been fantastic in helping me with this situation. At the moment, all I can say is that I wont be required by the club when they begin pre-season training on Monday.

I am fit though, I have no injuries and I believe I can play into my mid-30s.

Its understood other A-League clubs have shown interest in signing Gumprecht a former Bayer Leverkusen, Lecce and Perth Glory star who has been a model professional in his time at the club.

However, that image was tarred by a recent Mad Monday episode when Gumprecht was photographed in a German war uniform.

Its highly unlikely that Gumprecht a foundation player at the club whos also appeared in two grand finals - will ever play for the Central Coast again, even if this dispute is resolved.

Gumprecht is currently still living on the Central Coast with his family where he runs a popular junior soccer school.

He played in 17 games last season but started in only eight. The hard-working midfielder has played a total of 51 times for the club in three seasons.

Gumprecht was the Supporters' Player of the Year in season one of the A-League and remains a well-liked figure with their fanbase.

This news comes on the back of yesterdays resolution of the long-running Danny Vukovic saga an episode described as a roller-coaster by club boss Lyall Gorman.

Gorman was tightlipped on the Gumprecht matter, telling au.fourfourtwo.com that he wasnt aware of any pending legal action.

And I dont want to say too much more about it at this point as I'm not aware of any legal action, he said.

Gumprechts current contract expires on April 30.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF??

P

Pete

I would like to think that any legal action could be averted by a deep breath on both sides and a professional mediation.

If they can get Bob Ellicott to head up Danny's case, then surely they can engage Sir Lawrence Street to mediate (he's about the best mediator in the business), if need be.

P

Pete

Omni said:
This may change the "well liked by fans" bit!

I don't think so, or at least I hope not.

Anyone who's met Andre usually likes the guy, but on the issue about whether he should be offered another contract or not, as a player, is another issue. Separate the player from the person.

As for him allegedly not getting full rights ( a 4th year )  under an existing contract, well, who knows??

Omni

Indeed he is genuinely a great guy, and he's clearly just wanting justice (if his accusations are true) but given how much Mariners fans blamed Shield for Vukovic's moment of stupidity it'll be interesting to see who they side with on this one.

trev

depends what this 4th year on his contract involves wheather it is a certain amount of games
i don't kno as of yet what side i will be taking untill i see what is said to be on the contract
yeah it is ashame to see it end this way though

uncleyellow

surely there would be something in the clause like "If fit"... or something about the coaches discretion?

Andre was great, but its obviously over, and I agree on siding with the club.

midfielder

If the article is true ............ remember its 442. Then it appears a total break down and therefore its best to part .......... in the quickest possible way for both sides. I read somewhere Grumps was going to the Galaxy and with them not being there next season its become complex with no easy out .. with salary cap limits and the like. Hope for everybodys sake it ends soon. But I will miss him.

Kareem

Bearinator said:
Omni said:

Or fans will hate the club for doing this to "their Andre"
general consensus...no
i mean i like many appreciate his service to us-but club is most important thing
that said if the club is doin the dirty on him I will tsk...but in the end turn a blind eye (as long as it is a one-off)
I only know of one mariners supporter that is not going to follow the club anymore...a 14 year old frriend of mine (not on these forums) who says he will follow whichever club Gumprecht plays for (which is a bit eccentric IMO)

Andy

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Omni said:

Or fans will hate the club for doing this to "their Andre"
general consensus...no
i mean i like many appreciate his service to us-but club is most important thing
that said if the club is doin the dirty on him I will tsk...but in the end turn a blind eye (as long as it is a one-off)
I only know of one mariners supporter that is not going to follow the club anymore...a 14 year old frriend of mine (not on these forums) who says he will follow whichever club Gumprecht plays for (which is a bit eccentric IMO)

So in 2-3 years when Gumprecht hangs up his boots he follows who then? The kids that Gumprecht trains?

Kareem

i havr given the kid heaps of flak...its really weird...I have only ever felt that way about one player---ROBERTO CARLOS!!!---i didnt kno if I would still be Madrid supporter when he lefdt- I siill am and if Madrid vs Fenerbache (who i now by default support in Turkey) I would still support Madrid!

fruitbat

#6 "The club is bigger then one player".

And the FFA are bigger than the club, yet many fans and the club supported Vukovic when he was percieved to have been wronged.

If the clubs management did the wrong thing by Andre, they should be answerable. If they didnt, they have nothing to worry about.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
someone said it already...this is by 4-4-2

also Bear got it right when he said..WTF!!!

Bear

Ok, WE will all support the club, as nobody is bigger than it, but what about the other 10,000+ who go f**king nuts when he comes on as a sub, even when he has played shit for weeks and cant get a run, THEY are the people who will read that story and take his side.

P

Pete

Bearinator said:
Ok, WE will all support the club, as nobody is bigger than it, but what about the other 10,000+ who go f**king nuts when he comes on as a sub, even when he has played shit for weeks and cant get a run, THEY are the people who will read that story and take his side.

Exactly. Andre has been a crowd favourite from day 1.

And couple that with a bad news story against the management of the Mariners, like, oh say, a story about them trying to relocate a home game or two to a venue 80+ klms away to chase the almighty dollar, a membership package that arrives with an increase in what they have to pay, and a few mates at work telling the Dad of the family that Sydney FC are doing this and that for members -  - -  well, you get my drift...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred