• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumps training with the scum

Ted

FFS, we don't want him and he is bagged for finding a club that does?  :-\

Bear

MarinaTed said:

Obviously you dont understand the true meaning of the word DERBY

Ted

Bearinator said:
MarinaTed said:

Obviously you dont understand the true meaning of the word DERBY

Oh but I do, but I also understand the word livelihood.

mustapha_beer

A really classy thread guys....someone who has given 3 years of solid service (injuries excepted) is told he's no longer wanted, and we react by branding him a C**t, simply because he chooses a club that lets him stay close to home. Newcastle are our local rivals - SO WHAT? GET OVER IT!

Of all the drivel on this thread, MarinaTed's point is about the only one worth the space it occupies. The guy has a family to look after. Goodwill from Mariners fans is all nice and well, but it won't pay his bills.

What else would you have the guy do?

Ziggy

Totally agree with mustapha_beer and marinerTed.
Hes a great guy, he's off contract from our club - whats he supposed to do, he just wants to play football, abuse aimed at him is not warranted.

skilbeck

Ziggy said:
Hes a great guy, he's off contract from our club - whats he supposed to do, he just wants to play football, abuse aimed at him is not warranted.

Come on if he signs for the scum he deserves it. its part of the rivalry. By that logic spencer shouldnt cop any abuse but we know full well he does cop "ur just a coastie reject". He may be professionally obliged to sign for Newcastle if thats the best or only offer he gets but as supporters we are obliged to pay out opposition players IMO especially those from rival teams. Spencer cops it, Holland cops it, Aloisi is gonna cop it, Kwasnik is gonna cop it and if Gumps moves to the scum he is gonna cop it, IMO Pondeljak is lucky not to cop it

Bex

Yeh, I'm a Mariners fan, not a Jets fan. If Gumps is a Jet, then I don't like him. Its going to be hard to get used to not liking Gumps, but its a job that has to be done. ;D

IMO, some of you guys take this stuff too seriously. Somehow, I don't think Gumps is going to give a toss as to whether I like him or hate him.

bulldogmariner

With the Development of Jedinak Gumps was never going to play a major part in our squad this saeason. Gumps is washed up and hope the jets do sign him because Jedinak will monster him in midfield.

Aden

mustapha_beer said:
A really classy thread guys....someone who has given 3 years of solid service (injuries excepted) is told he's no longer wanted, and we react by branding him a C**t, simply because he chooses a club that lets him stay close to home. Newcastle are our local rivals - SO WHAT? GET OVER IT!

Of all the drivel on this thread, MarinaTed's point is about the only one worth the space it occupies. The guy has a family to look after. Goodwill from Mariners fans is all nice and well, but it won't pay his bills.

i can see both sides of the argument .but to me the  derby means more then the person himself .
however giving  him chants liek ur a coastie reect etc is he does go there could pretty much beckfire on us  because he has gone to a club who has beaten us more times then we have beaten them . Yet still in this circumstance i think we all feel a little hurt he has gone there

Mariner Girl

skilbeck said:
Ziggy said:

Come on if he signs for the scum he deserves it. its part of the rivalry. By that logic spencer shouldnt cop any abuse but we know full well he does cop "ur just a coastie reject". He may be professionally obliged to sign for Newcastle if thats the best or only offer he gets but as supporters we are obliged to pay out opposition players IMO especially those from rival teams. Spencer cops it, Holland cops it, Aloi$i is gonna cop it, Kwa$nik is gonna cop it and if Gumps moves to the scum he is gonna cop it, IMO Pondeljak is lucky not to cop it
The difference is Pondeljak went home.

Arabmariner

The way I see it...

We didn't want him so he signed for them......fair enough.

Now he's one of them so he cops it just like the rest of them and just the same as ours cop it from them......also fair enough.

It's all part of the game folks and don't we all just love it !

First derby of the year(forget the pre season nonsense)......can't wait! :pirashoot:

loyalist

Arabmariner said:

Now he's one of them so he cops it just like the rest of them and just the same as ours cop it from them......also fair enough.
agreed
coin throwing ftw

skilbeck

Arabmariner said:
The way I see it...

First derby of the year(forget the pre season nonsense)......can't wait! :pirashoot:

so how badly does Robson cop it from the arabs?

Arabmariner

skilbeck said:
Arabmariner said:
The way I see it...

He'll cop it....it wouldn't even be debated.......unless they've mellowed since I left but I doubt it.

loyalist

skilbeck said:
Arabmariner said:
The way I see it...

robsons not a very jewish name ???

Bear

mustapha_beer said:

Do you even know the full f**king circumstances of his leaving the mariners? Ill bet my left nut you have no clue.

And I dont give a shit which players leaves the club, Danny, Wilko, Mile, whoever, if they go to our biggest rival, they WILL cop shit, no matter how f**king nice they once were, END OF STORY. Its our rite as football fans to boo or cheer whoever we f**king want. You sign for Newcastle, you know whats coming to you.

mustapha_beer

Bearinator said:
Do you even know the full f**king circumstances of his leaving the mariners? Ill bet my left nut you have no clue.

Your left nut is probably safe enough. My knowledge of the circumstances sorrounding his departure would be the same as most of the people on this forum - based on available news reports. There may well be aspects I'm not aware of, but I can only base my opinion on what I do know/read. And, from what I can gather, we didn't want him......

Bearinator said:
And I dont give a shit which players leaves the club, Danny, Wilko, Mile, whoever, if they go to our biggest rival, they WILL cop shit, no matter how f**king nice they once were, END OF STORY. Its our rite as football fans to boo or cheer whoever we f**king want. You sign for Newcastle, you know whats coming to you.

And therein lies the real issue....nothing to do with the circumstances, simply the fact that he's gone up the F3. Can't claim to know the guy personally, but I'd assume his home is on the Central Coast, I'm pretty sure his coaching school is. From that point of view, it's hardly a surprise he opted to take the path of least disruption.

Go ahead and waste your energy crucifying him, though, if that's what makes you happy....just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred