• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Guessing Gatt's "A New Hope"

nebakke

I don't know how to feel about this... I mean, it's nice to see the results - or lack of same - having some sort of consequence and tbh, as optimistic as I was at the start of the season, I have yet to be convinced about the quality of Paolo's recruitment.... But then again, I have yet to be convinced about the recruitment of anyone else...

Gratis

I actually suspect this wasn't Gatty's news...
at least it is being sold as not being pre-planned with Okon walking out and not accepting conditions.
So maybe there is more news to come

Coastalraider

Hopefully this is a result of the Gatty news.

'MC - Hey Paulo, Celtic are investing, and next year they will decide 80% of our roster, and determine our playing style. What do you think?'

Paulo - 'do they know how to do plan A?'

MC - 'no'

Paulo - 'I can't work under these conditions'.

adz

Staff member
Screen-Shot-2014-03-24-at-5.42.59-pm-e1426477254889.png

possum x

Hopefully this is a result of the Gatty news.

'MC - Hey Paulo, Celtic are investing, and next year they will decide 80% of our roster, and determine our playing style. What do you think?'

Paulo - 'do they know how to do plan A?'

MC - 'no'

Paulo - 'I can't work under these conditions'.
Hopefully not far from the truth as my Celtic mad cousin told me they are looking to buy a stake and bring a few young players into the team. Straight from there website apparently.

Pirate Pete

Hopefully not far from the truth as my Celtic mad cousin told me they are looking to buy a stake and bring a few young players into the team. Straight from there website apparently.

But wasn't one of the problems with our "link" to Everton the fact that we couldn't sign any of the young players as they weren't eligible for visas?

Wombat

Keith in charge of art/design/creative/media etc is a Jock so can translate for everyone else if the Celtic rumours are true.

possum x

She said Celtics but shes back in scotland, she knows nothing about the mariners but quoted the article as saying it was Tom Rogics old club. I'll ask her for a link

midfielder

OK take this for what it is ... a note from a bloke I know in Brisbane today, who is close to the Roar, and has in the past told me things some things that turned out to be true.

He sent me this note today.... as i said ... take it for what it is ... a bloke from Brisbane, very close to both the Roar and his association.... he says he can't tell me as he thinks I will tell the world...

"""" The same source told me about the Adelaide sale before it was even rumoured in the media, and said a few things about CCM which were all positive for you guys so hope that’s the case""""

Ancient Mariner

hmm. Celtic gaining traction.
MC showing an interest in developing the Academy. Maybe Celtic buying in rather than just an understanding, looking to develop youth in both directions.
Celtic = $$$$$$
For Celtic, their impression may be this is the club that developed Tom Rogic, hoping for another speck of gold.

finally retired

the best thing about all of the "happenings" over the last few days is the amount of new (and optimistic) content....prior to that what little updates there were was all doom and gloom.... it might be that nothing happens at all for the rest of the season but at least we are now off the track of people tossing in their memberships for 2018 (maybe still not renew for next season but at least there is SOME excitement for the remainder of this season)

greenlig

it might be that nothing happens at all for the rest of the season but at least we are now off the track of people tossing in their memberships for 2018 (maybe still not renew for next season but at least there is SOME excitement for the remainder of this season)
This. People are asking why they didn't just let okon's contact expire, that doesn't come across as proactive. To gain trust they need to show they understand the situation like their fans do.

Ancient Mariner

"I know the club is not sitting on its hands. There are things about to be put into place that will hopefully turn things around."

Is getting rid of the coach all that Gatty was alluding to?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred