• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Guessing Gatt's "A New Hope"

Scotty

I have two theories:
  1. Okon is sacked, Jolic is sent overseas to search for a replacement head coach, in the end he decides he's the best candidate and appoints himself.
  2. Okon is immediately sacked and Harry Redknapp is given a bag of cash as a replacement for the remainder of the season. 'Arry turns up in Wollongong, but can't find the Souf Coast Mariners anywhere.

Wombat

Bugger Ancient I was thinking Popa was a possibility as well. SFC just can’t make him coach not for a while yet anyway as the fans would revolt. Just to put something out there I would love to get Marco Kurz, he is a quality coach IMO and I would love to have a coach like him with his passion.

Im liking the Kurz bit i think popa is a twat.

Wombat

In order

1] MC sells both COE & Team to a wealthy and Australian Football knowledgeable consortium.

2} As above but to an Australian individual.

3] As above with a foreign investor.

4] 5] 6] as above but an investor to part own.

7] Rogic is sold to Real for 50 million dollars and we get enough ,money for a decent coach and squad for a few years and BTW MC does not take it he leaves it with the club.

8] As above MC pays back his debt and there is enough left over for happy days.

9] We buy the stadium or get lease hold rights.

10] Wombat with TB as his assistant take over the coaching duties... will do better and cost less.

11] The Band is given special status.

12] The cannon is aimed at the away end and if we loose we fire on opposition fans...

I take the job and sack "Greedy" and bring in Monty and OzHammer as my assistants. TB tells me he only want to be in charge of the beers which is good. JP is appointed as club scout and helps us fill the Youth with talent. Ben Cahn is reinstated and allowed to paint over Okon's car spot.
We spend the full cap after MC kops a serious word behind the COE bikesheds....after which we are strangely competitive.
DDTMM becomes a life member and has a stand named after him.

TedShot

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...n/news-story/4bdfca728a6e245d19d4f736aac5c349

CENTRAL Coast boss Paul Okon has quit his A-League post, walking from the club angry after having a meeting with the club’s hierarchy on Tuesday.
Okon will leave with his assistant Ivan Jolic, with the club’s National Youth League coach Wayne O’Sullivan taking over as caretaker.

The Socceroos legend was in charge of his first campaign in charge of recruitment and with a full pre-season as a head coach of the club, after coming in late in the piece last season to replace the axed Tony Walmsley.

However, after a vibrant start to this campaign, including a win over Sydney FC, things have been heading south, with the club now three points off bottom place, with a goal difference of -12 across just four wins from 23 games this term.

In fact, the last win the club enjoyed, not coming against bottom placed Wellington Phoenix, was on December 3.

“I will forever be grateful to the Mariners for the opportunity they gave me. I thank the players for their commitment and the fans for their support. Finally, I wish the club all the best in the future,” Okon said in a club statement, issued Tuesday afternoon.

Okon, who was in the second year of a two-year deal, has been listed a potential successor to Graham Arnold at Sydney FC, but now the former Olyroos boss will look to re-build his career after a frustrating 2018.

The Mariners lost 5-2 at home to Melbourne Victory on the weekend, and news of the meeting that forced his decision to leave coincides with owner Mike Charlesworth just returning from Europe.

In a statement, the Mariners said: “Both Paul Okon and the Central Coast Mariners have been in discussions for several weeks about the strategic direction of the football club.

“Given the club’s future strategies and plans, both parties have agreed that it is best to end the association immediately to give the club an opportunity during this vital period to re-sign players and target new players.”

580069270f5c74b2faedc48011f92afa

Mariners coach Paul OkonSource: AAP
It might not have ended as amicably as the statement suggests, however.

“My understanding is there was a meeting with the club management and Paul Okon,” The Australian’s Chief Football Writer Ray Gatt told Fox Sports News.

“It revolved around the club making certain conditions to Paul Okon regarding the coaching position for next season.

“My understanding is Paul was unhappy with some of those conditions and resigned effective immediately.”

Those conditions reportedly included less of a say in the direction of the club’s recruitment strategy and focus.

“Without doubt,” Gatt added, when asked if Okon would have stayed at Central Coast if these limitations weren’t put forward in this meeting.

“It was intention, but certain things were at play from what I understood. It was suggested to him he would not have as much involvement in recruitment for next season. Any coach worth their salt wouldn’t accept that condition …

“Maybe the club foresaw what would happen and this was their way to force his hand.”

midfielder

I take the job and sack "Greedy" and bring in Monty and OzHammer as my assistants. TB tells me he only want to be in charge of the beers which is good. JP is appointed as club scout and helps us fill the Youth with talent. Ben Cahn is reinstated and allowed to paint over Okon's car spot.
We spend the full cap after MC kops a serious word behind the COE bikesheds....after which we are strangely competitive.
DDTMM becomes a life member and has a stand named after him.
Hey I nominated you as coach ... come on old boys club you gotta find a job for me ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred