• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Guessing Gatt's "A New Hope"

Ancient Mariner

I will say it is nothing too dramatic.

Behind the scenes Okon has been told he will not be renewed. (let there be rejoicing).

The club is in negotiations with Tony Popovic. Clue: Santalab being interested in coming here. I cannot imagine any other reason why anyone would be interested at the moment.

There will be an announcement that in order to win back fans that there will be a 180 degree shift in philosophy and that we are going to give up playing entertaining possession based football. We are now going to play dire, defensive, grind it out. Not pretty, but effective.

Tevor

Bugger Ancient I was thinking Popa was a possibility as well. SFC just can’t make him coach not for a while yet anyway as the fans would revolt. Just to put something out there I would love to get Marco Kurz, he is a quality coach IMO and I would love to have a coach like him with his passion.

Ancient Mariner

My second guess:

Since Mike's partner in the fight against FFA, Greg Griffen at Adelaide, has sold out Mike is unwilling to carry on the fight alone.
As announced earlier he is looking more to the Academy than the Aleague at present.

Quote:
"Hi MC, Mike is very keen to know the final position of FIFA before he will make commitments good or bad as far as investment in to the HAL playing roster. However he did spend a lot of time getting to know the inner workings of our Academy and where the opportunities lie within. We are working on a strong strategic plan for the Academy to accelerate and increase the players coming through the system that can thrive in HAL or greater."

Mike has realised that sometime in the next 2-3 years there will be GFC mark ii.

I would say he has decided to follow Greg's example, give up waiting for the FFA to get sorted, and is negotiations to sell the football club to rich Russians, Chinese, Red Bull etc.

He will retain his interest in the development of the COE as property is relatively safe in the long term. Ride out the GFC here with very little happening, until some time in the never never, maybe perhaps, future it is completed and he can make his capital gain.

TedShot

My guess is that they now have a Barbecue sauce blimp also, and that BOTH tomato and barbecue will be flying around during the games.

It is my personal hope that the Barbecue blimp also has hands offering the finger, so that the club can at least be honest, and fly a blimp around telling us all to get f**ked.

Big Al

My second guess:

Since Mike's partner in the fight against FFA, Greg Griffen at Adelaide, has sold out Mike is unwilling to carry on the fight alone.
As announced earlier he is looking more to the Academy than the Aleague at present.

Quote:
"Hi MC, Mike is very keen to know the final position of FIFA before he will make commitments good or bad as far as investment in to the HAL playing roster. However he did spend a lot of time getting to know the inner workings of our Academy and where the opportunities lie within. We are working on a strong strategic plan for the Academy to accelerate and increase the players coming through the system that can thrive in HAL or greater."

Mike has realised that sometime in the next 2-3 years there will be GFC mark ii.

I would say he has decided to follow Greg's example, give up waiting for the FFA to get sorted, and is negotiations to sell the football club to rich Russians, Chinese, Red Bull etc.

He will retain his interest in the development of the COE as property is relatively safe in the long term. Ride out the GFC here with very little happening, until some time in the never never, maybe perhaps, future it is completed and he can make his capital gain.
I was thinking the opposite. Come on board Greg with all that fresh cash. Greg said he didn’t want to sell but had an agreement (PR for I’m out if the cheque clears).

Big Al

We are all getting hypnosis to forget the last couple of years.

There will be no Walmsley or Okon years in the record books

Ohhhh

And free ice cream

Big Al

I will say it is nothing too dramatic.

Behind the scenes Okon has been told he will not be renewed. (let there be rejoicing).

The club is in negotiations with Tony Popovic. Clue: Santalab being interested in coming here. I cannot imagine any other reason why anyone would be interested at the moment.

There will be an announcement that in order to win back fans that there will be a 180 degree shift in philosophy and that we are going to give up playing entertaining possession based football. We are now going to play dire, defensive, grind it out. Not pretty, but effective.
Popa knows. Best way to Sydney is through Gosford

midfielder

In order

1] MC sells both COE & Team to a wealthy and Australian Football knowledgeable consortium.

2} As above but to an Australian individual.

3] As above with a foreign investor.

4] 5] 6] as above but an investor to part own.

7] Rogic is sold to Real for 50 million dollars and we get enough ,money for a decent coach and squad for a few years and BTW MC does not take it he leaves it with the club.

8] As above MC pays back his debt and there is enough left over for happy days.

9] We buy the stadium or get lease hold rights.

10] Wombat with TB as his assistant take over the coaching duties... will do better and cost less.

11] The Band is given special status.

12] The cannon is aimed at the away end and if we loose we fire on opposition fans...

Scotty

My guess is that they now have a Barbecue sauce blimp also, and that BOTH tomato and barbecue will be flying around during the games.

It is my personal hope that the Barbecue blimp also has hands offering the finger, so that the club can at least be honest, and fly a blimp around telling us all to get f**ked.
I KNEW it! :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred