• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final - The Mighty CCM vs WSW

dibo

HOOOOOOOOOLIGANS!

ImageResizer.ashx

style_cafe

On the SFC forum, they have already re-maked their Wanderers bashing thread 'NRMAIWSWFC- Australian sports' greatest chokers'. Granted it's from a biased source, but I don't understand why so many people feel the need to label somebody chokers. Fair dinkum we had enough of the sheep berating us for that over a 2 year period until the Sunday before last, now suddenly people are attacking WSW for needing to loosen their collar when all that happened is that they lost to a side in the Grand Final who could play better football than them at their best, and did just that...

Just banter LFC.
We put up with it for years,time for someone else to take the tag.
BTW I have the utmost respect for "WESTS" & what they`ve done for the A League

LFCMariners

*BUMP*

I went into JB at Westfield Carindale today and lo and behold, they had a copy of the Grand Final DVD already for sale. I snapped it up quick, came home and watched the whole game through for the first time since Sunday week. At different points in the game I'd flash back to how I felt at that moment in time, like momentarily thinking "Oh f**k!" when the WSW players appealed for hand-ball off Pedj (watching the replay again, Green was right to let it go as Pedj clearly tries as best he can to move his arm back in time). I also had a recurring moment of panic when WSW came out firing in the second half and Simon Hill/ Andy Harper were saying you could just sense WSW were on the verge of making a comeback. Ditto when Shinji Ono was awarded the free kick in the 83rd minute- the feeling of relief as he sent it sailing far over the goal mouth was nearly as strong as it had been in real time! It's funny listening to Andy Harper right at the end, trying to hide the devastation in his voice when he says "Nothing has gone the Wanderers' way today". You can just tell he is realising that the 3 month wank he'd been having was NOT going to end in an orgasm.

Overall, we definitely deserved the win, for all but 15 minutes in the early second half we were in control and probably should have scored at least one more goal via Sainsbury and/ or Sterjovski. All bias aside, I think this match will, in time, be regarded as a turning point in A-League history. Not only was it our first Championship, but it was also the finale to a memorable season where the quality of football was noticeably better than in previous years, viewing figures were the highest they'd ever been, public awareness of different teams/ players was on the rise (thanks in part to mainstream media coverage of ADP, Heskey and WSW) and active support (largely thanks to the RBB) lifted to a whole new level, documented by their numbers and support throughout the whole Grand Final. It may also come to be remembered as the game where the Yellow Army finally put their past divisions to rest and became a truly unified, vocal active supporters' group. I hope I turn out to be right on that one!

21 April- the day in 1985 in which a Brazilian Formula 1 driver by the name of Ayrton Senna won his first Grand Prix race. Also the day in 2013 in which the Mariners won their first Grand Final. Coincidence?

yellowcake

I went into JB at Westfield Carindale today and lo and behold, they had a copy of the Grand Final DVD already for sale.
Grabbed one at JB Tuggerah on Sun. Watched it with youngest that arvo, and realising we'd started it a 4 o'clock! Just brilliant!

Wounds having healed a little, tonight I looked at the 2006 Grand Final (well, first half and some of presentation) from my incomplete collection of losing GF DVDs. I haven't got the 2011 one and would actually like it.

We looked pretty good really. I'd enjoyed some of those players: Tommy P, Wayne O, Clarky, Browny, etc. Hadn't realised Hutch wasn't even on the bench for that game (was he injured? - he was our 3rd highest goalscorer that season).

Strangely, just like WSW this year, we'd gone into that game on a 12-game unbeaten streak.

For the talk that Nick Fitzgerald was the one 2012/13 Mariner who already had a Champion's medal, from last year, people have forgotten that Justin Pasfield has an old medal, doing the same job for 2005/06 Sydney FC as he did in this years GF.

And the guest commentator, particularly heard in the post-match and presentation - one Graham Arnold!

Tassiemariner

Found the Grand Final DVD in Big W down here today. Already reduced to $20. Am about to watch it and re-live all the ridiculously biased commentary. Can't wait!

Reactions: adz

dibo

Perth missed out for the first 4 years. Newcastle can match that this year, but their last appearance was a 6th place in 2010 when they were 5 points behind 5th and 14 points behind first but only 5 in front of last (meanwhile we were dire - 3rd last, 1pt ahead of last and only ahead of Adelaide on GD). They snuck past GC on penalties before going down to Welly in ET.

priorpeter

Perth missed out for the first 4 years. Newcastle can match that this year, but their last appearance was a 6th place in 2010 when they were 5 points behind 5th and 14 points behind first but only 5 in front of last (meanwhile we were dire - 3rd last, 1pt ahead of last and only ahead of Adelaide on GD). They snuck past GC on penalties before going down to Welly in ET.

But we spanked them 3-0 at home in our last home game of the season ;)

dibo

We did. The last bright light in a shit year (saved us from a potential spoon too), and a great way for Lawrie to farewell the fans as Mariners manager. Arnie was in the seat thereafter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred