• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final - The Mighty CCM vs WSW

ryan

The seats down our end held up pretty well and we had plenty of people jumping up and down on them. The seat breakage could have been accidental for sure but the flares certainly were not and that is where the RBB let themselves and the sport down

scottmac

Suspended
Not the case. As great as it would be for some of you and definitely the Cove to think this was done on purpose by those 'hooligan' RBB, it's simply not true. If you apply some logic and rationale you'll come to the same conclusion.
The seats are dislodged in rows, still attached to the metal bases that have come out of the concrete terrace (concrete rust?). It was purely accidental. Getting a bit sick of all the supporters on their high horse constantly apportioning blame to the RBB for every incident. Did you know that we started the war in Afghanistan?

getting a bit sick of the excuses.

adz

Staff member
I agree with FFC, there shouldn't be seats at either end, but to say we're not 'active' enough because we don't trash the stadium is ridiculous.

RBB are setting the standard in most ways with active support, but you can't justify the f**k bags you have dragged along with it, who like to intimidate families, chuck flares and other things on the pitch, and trash the place.

Benched

Adz, no we cannot. What really grates me though is everyone is very quick to blame us for any indiscretion.
Apparently, everyone in the stadium now is RBB! Every random f**kwit in WSW colours is RBB, everyone on the march is RBB! Seriously....
I'm not defending the minority of f**kwits amongst our supporter's. However, it's a societal issue, not an RBB or football issue.
Will we tarnish all CCM supporters racist rednecks who are uneducated because of the Shinji ate my dog banner? Of course not. I also remember a flare up your end when we were in Gosford. We also had shitbags spit on us from above as we entered the stadium.
I'm not sure whether you think we are super strong to be able to remove seats on purpose, base and all, in rows of 5, out of their concrete bases. However, and this may be a struggle for you, if you have people jumping up and down, very enthusiastically during the poznan, and that the damaged seats are in a specific area (not where the 'core' of the RBB are mind you, but just the general supporters) all close by, would it not suggest something amiss with the seating. Concrete rust?

BTW, my 'not active enough' comment was in jest. However, it seems ok for you to bag the crap out of us, however your skin certainly seems thin.

adz

Staff member
And I was just yanking your chain a bit there mate. Believe it or not, we had similar arguments in the early days when it was the Marinators. We didn't quite make the news and it was more about swearing than trashing things and beating up on families but the similarities can be found ;).

Just think of it this way - how do you join the RBB? You just wear colours and stand behind the goals, march to the games with the rest? How can you say some people are RBB and the ones that misbehave are not? I can understand where you're coming from but the general public cannot. I think you will find most other fan groups have been through similar, and the general cockiness of the RBB means it's easy to bust your balls about things like this.

The whole "concrete rust" thing is ridiculous. "Iron atoms in the chair bases lost electrons to the Oxygen atoms and deteriorated the structure of the molecules, creating weak points. Salt water and salty air allowed ions to flow more easily creating faster decay. It was just a coincidence that the RBB was standing in the same vicinity of the rows of seats that snapped and fell over at the exact time the Grand Final was on and Western Sydney lost, and the same phenomena was not recorded as happening at any other location in the stadium."

I can appreciate what you're up against, but these excuses...

Benched

look it up mate...http://www.concretecorrosion.net/html_en/mecanism/contenu.htm

As for the excuses, not making any. Just sick of everyone jumping to conclusions.

I organised our trip to Gosford, liaised with police, club, pub etc. They all reported what a well organised, trouble free group we are, nothing like the media reports. I also organised Victory away and N/C away, and received the same reports from all stakeholders. I still have the emails from the various Local Area Commands praising us.
I also attended our inaugural awards night last Wednesday. We had an RBB table. Lyall, during his speech, pointed us out and thanked us. Also spoke of the bad rap we get.

I could list to you 20/30/40 incidents that have been published in various media outlets that just never happened. Throw in the social media phenomenon and chinese whispers, then you get the media biased we initially saw.

There certainly has been the odd dickhead. As I stated earlier, that is a societal issue, not an RBB issue.

I just get very frustrated when people (like yourself) assume you know our home end better than, well, those of us who are actually there and can tell you what happened. I won't gloss over facts, I'll tell you straight up. If you want to know anything, just ask. BUT, I can categorically tell you, the seat breakages were an accident.

Jesus

Jesus
The major reason the RBB is painted on everyone who shows up and acts like a tool is because the RBB do not self police it. So either the tools are regular RBB, or the RBB only have themselves to blame.

There are always dickheads everywhere, not just at football, not just when people are drinking. The biggest brawls i have seen have been between youngsters who were not drinking or at sport or anything like that. But if someone is acting criminally, eg flares ripping out seats, and the get cover from the RBB not turfing them, then the RBB will find they are tainted as thugs and ethnic sokkah dickheads everytime the media gets the chance.

style_cafe

look it up mate...http://www.concretecorrosion.net/html_en/mecanism/contenu.htm

As for the excuses, not making any. Just sick of everyone jumping to conclusions.

I organised our trip to Gosford, liaised with police, club, pub etc. They all reported what a well organised, trouble free group we are, nothing like the media reports. I also organised Victory away and N/C away, and received the same reports from all stakeholders. I still have the emails from the various Local Area Commands praising us.
I also attended our inaugural awards night last Wednesday. We had an RBB table. Lyall, during his speech, pointed us out and thanked us. Also spoke of the bad rap we get.

I could list to you 20/30/40 incidents that have been published in various media outlets that just never happened. Throw in the social media phenomenon and chinese whispers, then you get the media biased we initially saw.

There certainly has been the odd dickhead. As I stated earlier, that is a societal issue, not an RBB issue.

I just get very frustrated when people (like yourself) assume you know our home end better than, well, those of us who are actually there and can tell you what happened. I won't gloss over facts, I'll tell you straight up. If you want to know anything, just ask. BUT, I can categorically tell you, the seat breakages were an accident.

Back up a bit Benched.
We didn`t all say is was malicious
I can`t see anyone (in their right mind) standing on a seat in the hope that it crashes to the ground so they & others get hurt. As said previous, fans at both ends were standing on the seats.

The MSM treat football like they do the Labour party.
If it`s negative they run the hell out of it,if it`s positive it just gets a mention(Thank Murdoch for that).

For mine,the RBB are breath of fresh air to the A League.
I respect the way you guys are highly organised & wear your hearts on your sleeves.It`s fantastic!
Yes, you have a few dickheads,but you`ll weed them out with time.

My one & only concern though,is for the safety of those involved & for those around them.
I have grave fears (no pun intended) of a Heysel Stadium type disaster involving this type of active support.
The concrete structures are designed to take "live loads" but the amount of load exerted by the mass of the RBB scares the crap out of me,as it would exceed the expectation of the engineers that designed the structures.

This type of support has NEVER been seen in this country.
One only has to feel the stand shake at "Bluetongue" to realise that an RBB type load on such a structure could be disasterous.

Good luck with the RBB & thanks for making the Grand final 2013 such a special event.

Wombat

Not the case. As great as it would be for some of you and definitely the Cove to think this was done on purpose by those 'hooligan' RBB, it's simply not true. If you apply some logic and rationale you'll come to the same conclusion.
The seats are dislodged in rows, still attached to the metal bases that have come out of the concrete terrace (concrete rust?). It was purely accidental. Getting a bit sick of all the supporters on their high horse constantly apportioning blame to the RBB for every incident. Did you know that we started the war in Afghanistan?

I'm tipping some of your fans did start the war in Afghanistan!

Ancient Mariner

My one & only concern though,is for the safety of those involved & for those around them.
I have grave fears (no pun intended) of a Heysel Stadium type disaster involving this type of active support.
The concrete structures are designed to take "live loads" but the amount of load exerted by the mass of the RBB scares the crap out of me,as it would exceed the expectation of the engineers that designed the structures.

I also worry about this. Hopefully our stadiums are designed strong enough to support thousands jumping in unison. I have my doubts.
Easy solution ban the Poznan.

style_cafe

style_cafe, have you seen this report?
http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/nati...3569-8447-b10d39c2724e/pies-fan-cops-a-spray/
now, just imagine if this occurred in the RBB, or at any Football match for that matter. The media would have a bloody field day.

I agree mate ,anything other than rugby league in this town gets bugger all positive press.
That`s why the flare throwers have to be pulled into line.
Years ago I was at a day night game at the SCG. Some maniac had been pissing into a glass flagon all day & thought it would be funny to throw it into the crowd.Unfortunately it hit a guy in the back of the head splitting him wide open as his wife & children went into shock.
Someone at the back started the chant "Point him out,point him out"!
The crowd got behind it & started pointing to the guy that threw it & the police were able to simply walk in & arrest him.
Food for thought for the RBB.
They could stop the flares easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred