• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

God is Coming Home

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
bulldogmariner said:
And started with Viduka who was awesome. Please Pim make sure he is at South Africa because we need him!

........................why??  He's made it perfectly clear that he's a c*nt when it comes to the national team.  Kennedy is far better at everything we need from a tall No. 9 these days anyway.

Tall being the key word. For anything else a striker does................. we aint got shit. If Dukes is there it would take a fair amount of focus away from Cahill and Kewell. With a big forward who can HOLD the ball, our midfield looks really dangerous no matter who we play. Without, well we just wont get into the final third against the better teams without a near perfect game or a red card.

serious14

Kennedy's 6 goals from 12 games would beg to differ..... I also refer you to Cahill's second goal against Japan in '06 as a prominent example of what he (Kennedy) can do within the overall team setup.  ;)

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
Kennedy's 6 goals from 12 games would beg to differ..... I also refer you to Cahill's second goal against Japan in '06 as a prominent example of what he (Kennedy) can do within the overall team setup.  ;)

Correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't his head was involved in all those goals..... (without looking up 06 WC goal)

even if they are not, it doesn't change the fact that the 'roos are a much more dangerous team with Dukes than without.

dibo

scottmac said:
serious14 said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't his head was involved in all those goals..... (without looking up 06 WC goal)

even if they are not, it doesn't change the fact that the roos are a much more dangerous team with Dukes than without.

i still don't buy it.

dukes, another three years older and with very few matches under the belt since the last world cup and with a questionable scoring record for his country behind him is not a guaranteed performer.

frankly i don't think kennedy's a great option either, given he can't score to save himself at the moment for his club (karlsruher, who are on the way down), but he at least has been a proven source of goals and assists of late.

simply put, we're short of lethal strikers full stop.

Sacko

Back on topic, I think Boro are gone now and Hull haven't beaten an egg since October so I think the only way Newcastle will go down is if WBA win there last 2 games!

David Votoupal

If Man Utd beat Wigan they'll need just a point to win the title. This could also make West Brom's game with Liverpool a lot more interesting as both sides will be fired up big time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred