• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

GA and the Russians

localpom

C'mon the Russkies, or Singo....or someone! Frustrating thing is we are in such great shape with just a bit of capital.Secure Arnie,get deals for Pedj,Patrick and Rojic and we just need maybe 3 players to make us strong contenders again for next year. We will be miles ahead of most other A league clubs in preperation for next season. Completing the training facilities at Tuggerah is also a priority.

Of course we may well be looking at a completely different scenario by the end of the week. Saying that if we can retain most of this years squad and the kids coming in impress, as well as promote Mossy to coach we will still be well placed to get another finals berth. Time will tell.

Golly

The ruskies might be of the lemon variety
I'm guessing it can still fall through
Anyway let's all get to BT tonight to farewell GA GM AC JC AND CCM
PS singo is only hanging around to get first in if PT leaves
JS won't be in business with PT and his crew
JS is hoping for ccm to be debt free and then get in solo

ccmmic

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1103787/Singleton-offers-Mariners-lifeline

Advertising entrepreneur John Singleton revealed he would help Central Coast Mariners guarantee its future if the club were forced to hand back its licence to Football Federation Australia (FFA).

Speculation over the viability of Mariners continues as the promised cash injection from Russian investors fails to materialise. Central Coast resident Singleton, who tipped in $1 million to get the Mariners off the ground at the inception of the A-League, remains committed to helping the club survive should chairman Peter Turnbull turn to him.

Renowned sports fan Singleton retains the managerial rights to Bluetongue Stadium – Mariners' home ground – and his affection for the club runs deep.

A member of the inaugural FFA board, Singleton told The World Game: "It's been a struggle from day one for the Mariners. I put $1 million to help start it off, along with Westfield, just to get them going.

"I will do anything within reason to help them again. But I have no interest in owning the club because I have enough commitments elsewhere.

"I just don’t have the time or the inclination but that doesn't mean I won't help.

"I have never turned my back on the Mariners before when they have needed a hand and I don’t intend to start now. However they have not come to me. In fact, I've never had a conversation with Peter Turnbull."

Singleton is an avowed supporter of sport on the Central Coast, adding: "Up here we don't have a rugby league team, we don’t have a union team and the Mariners are all we've got. I support the Mariners and any sporting entity on the Coast.

"It’s been a battle all the way for the Mariners and probably always will be until these mythical Russians millionaires turn up.

"And the club’s success on the field speaks volumes for the people up here and the players and coaching staff."

While Turnbull is confident that the Russian investment will soon flow, Singleton says he knows nothing of the current negotiations between the club and the potential backers Turnbull has been courting since last November.

"I don’t know anything about the Russians other than what I’ve read. I’ve not met any Russians, I haven’t been to Russia."

Singleton, whose first passions are horse racing and rugby league, retains an interest in the A-League and is convinced it has a long-term future despite the tremors sparked by the axing of Gold Coast and Newcastle Jets’ bid to hand back its license.

"I was on the FFA original board when we got the competition going and sold the TV rights to a league that in effect didn’t exist," Singleton said. "We had no teams and it’s very rare you get a blank sheet of paper and are able to set up a national competition and get it on TV.

"People are critical over what it has cost and lost but that’s no different to many other codes.

"Teams have come and gone but you’ve seen that also in other codes. I have no doubt that it will keep going.

"The new TV rights deal which is being negotiated certainly won’t deliver less money and that will be welcome.

"The game out-rates rugby union and I would suspect it drives Fox Sports subscriptions more than union does as a result of that.

"There must be a team in Newcastle going forward, although setting up a team in western Sydney overnight may not be such a good thing. That said, I suppose we pretty much created the whole competition overnight."

MrCelery

I like the sound of all that. It gives me some confidence that we have a future.

Singo's comments are to the point and very level-headed. Nothing like those prats Tinkler and Palmer. He's a good man to have around, even though his first love is the Rapist League.

Roy Law

It is weird though to think he claims he has never had a conversation with Peter Turnbull. If I was Turnbull I would have been buying Singo a few beers a long time ago.

localpom

Singo seems a decent bloke. I have seen him a couple of times with a Mariners shirt on so i'm sure he has a genuine interest in the club. I'll buy im a beer if i see him again!

PHANTOM

I met with the russians on the weekend everything is under control.The investors said The Mariners will be a world class club, with the help and support of the beautiful Gosford community . :pirashoot:

Forum Phoenix

Phantom,

God I hope your legit. You are SOOOOOO much more fun to have a round than Nathan was! :pirashoot:

Massive result tonight. We just need a little investment and some patience and we can indeed be a world class club.

Bozza saying Arnie should go to SFC as the best supported club is a joke and a real disappointment from him.

Ridiculous notion even if Sydney actually WAS well supported that they therefore deserve to have any coach who proves he's quality. Sydney already had a great coach in Lavicka. The problem was their playing roster - and likely their board/staff. How they expected him to do anything with Mc Flynn, Bridge, Cole, Makela, Reddy... and the list goes on, is just beyond me.

Quite incredible he did what he did, even when they had the quality of Brosque, Corica and Bolton.

nebakke

I tend to distrust the Tele, but still, a throwaway comment at the bottom of this article has me wodnering:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/secret-meeting-between-frank-lowy-and-nathan-tinkler-saved-a-league/story-e6frey4r-1226344143078

"The long-mooted Russian investment in the club also appears to be evaporating, despite the deal being signed several weeks ago, and chairman Peter Turnbull will meet with a group of local businessmen today to seek alternative funds."

Not to doubt you Phoenix :) just doesn't take much to shake my confidence as a fan, lately ;) Sooo, anyone know anything about this meeting?
Or is this likely just the Tele doing what it does best and "extrapolating" (read inventing) news based on articles such as the positive stuff from Singo yesterday?

Come ON PT... "The coming days" is now, so where's my update!!!??? ;)

adz

Staff member
Another article today

Sky Blues told to wait for Arnold
Michael Cockerill
May 3, 2012

Sydney FC have been told to wait at least another two weeks if they want Graham Arnold to be their next coach, with Central Coast Mariners chairman Peter Turnbull making it clear yesterday the focus for everyone at the club was qualifying for the knockout stage of the Asian Champions League.

After months of talks, the Sky Blues expected to get an answer from Arnold yesterday, but when the former Socceroos boss met Turnbull and fellow Mariners backer Mike Charlesworth, the ground rules had changed. Central Coast breathed new life into their ACL campaign with a historic 5-1 win over Tianjin Teda on Tuesday night, and a win against Nagoya Grampus in their final group match in Japan in a fortnight will be enough to take them through to the round of 16.

Arnold has already received a final offer from the Sky Blues, but the Mariners have opted to delay their final counter-offer as the tug of war over his services continues.

''While we're well aware of Sydney's interest, what we've said all along is that this decision will be made on our timetable, not theirs,'' Turnbull said. ''Arnie is still contracted to us, and we've made it clear to him his priority, and our priority, is to try and get through to the [ACL] knockout stage. That means we've closed down all negotiations until after the team plays in Japan. That's the time to make decisions as important as this.''

Meanwhile, the Mariners are sceptical that the A-League has turned a corner after Nathan Tinkler backed down from his threat to withdraw funding for the Newcastle Jets. Charlesworth insisted no genuine progress could be made until the owners were in control.

Tinkler's stunning about-face, combined with the positive mood that emerged from the inaugural meeting of the Joint A-League Strategic Committee, has led to renewed optimism about the future of the competition, but Charlesworth is not convinced. The Mariners' viability has been under a cloud for more than six months, with Russian billionaire Leonid Fedun yet to fulfil a commitment he signed in January to start funding the club.

Having recently returned from a trip to England, where he met Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis - an influential figure in the establishment of the US Major League Soccer - Charlesworth is more convinced than ever the only way forward for the A-League is to be run independent of Football Federation Australia.

''I see what's happened over the last few days as a Band-Aid,'' Charlesworth said. ''Don't tell me some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country can't do a great job of running the league. That's what happens in the MLS, and look where they are now. What's happened in the last few days may help the A-League in the short term but, to be honest, I'm sceptical about where the FFA think they can find the money from to give back to the clubs. More important to me is what happens in the medium to long term.

''The only way to make it work is to empower those who choose to invest. Still, today, I have no control over my investment. An independent league is the only way to make the A-League sustainable in the long term. I'm convinced of that.''

Despite being one of the most frugal clubs in the league, the Mariners still lose up to $1 million a season, and the patience of Turnbull and Charlesworth is wearing thin.

''Three years ago, Ben Buckley told me the FFA would be paying the salary cap, but I'm still waiting,'' Charlesworth said. ''I've been losing $100,000 per month ever since, and I can't afford to do it any more. Am I motivated to keep investing because of what's happened in the last few days? No, I'm not. Nobody asked us for a view, nobody asked for our input. We had to fight to get any information out of the [JALSC] meeting. Even the communication among the chairmen themselves is appallingly bad, and I find that disappointing.''

source

Gratis

nail-biting, cliff-edge waiting for another 2 weeks then. even more incentive to win the Nagoya game now - might be enough to convince him over the line. you get the feeling CCM are delaying, perhaps they're buying time waiting on the Russians so they can offer the best counter-offer possible

that game was great the other night. whichever way this all goes it's still good times being a Mariner

Gratis

the media, as usual, is all over the place on what's happening once again.

taking Arnold's own words however...

"I think so, 100%. I owe that to the players," Arnold said after the game when asked if he would be at the helm for the Nagoya clash.

"I've been with them for two years and they've given me everything that I've got. I think it's one thing I will do."

Arnold also said ideally he would remain in charge for as long as the Mariners' Asian run continues.

i think from here on I'll just assume he's going then anything else is a bonus. Cheers for everything Arnie!

scottmac

Suspended

Arnold also said ideally he would remain in charge for as long as the Mariners' Asian run continues.

How can he, unless he forgoes the offer from Sydney. Its impossible for Arnold to complete this Asian run if we win next match day. I don't understand what he is saying there.

iEatHands

I met with the russians on the weekend everything is under control.The investors said The Mariners will be a world class club, with the help and support of the beautiful Gosford community . :pirashoot:

I'm crossing my fingers this is true, the media reports on the mariners lately has been so depressing. All this talk about handing back licences, financial trouble, russian investment falling through, GA heading over to sydney before the deal has even been signed and the posibility that GA will take our training staff and youth players with him... :redcard:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred