• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

GA and the Russians

Roy Law

Cockerill still reckons the Russians are coming - foot of article
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/lowy-sells-out-of-sydney-fc-20120504-1y3nt.html

Gratis

Overall I've got to say the future for the Mariners is looking good. The 3 factors that currently play on the clubs direction and future are as follows (as I see it):

Centre of Excellence - Highly likely. Great facilities, revenue stream, youth-development, etc.

Russian investment - Looking likely. May impact on below. Other benefits numerous.

GrArnie - 50/50. At the end of the day we know Arnie is interested in staying. Whether criteria are met to make that so is another issue. With the above in the pipeline as well as ACL who knows.

In my opinion Arnie has more to gain career-wise by staying. ACL exposure and a team he has firing and can build on makes for good self-promotion. On a small budget too, looks good. If it takes time to get Syd firing, then have to wait for even longer for ACL, that's just time lost. Plus he says himself he comes to work everyday with a smile on his face. He could make a bigger next step quicker by staying. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he'll be considering this.

Either way the future of the Mariners, in my estimate, is looking good. Even if Arnie does go (and he would in a year or 2 at most regardless) we have a great foundation for an up-and-coming coach to do well. Add to it the culture and community spirit in the team and the years to come are something to look forward to.

Gotta say I love this team...but then I suspect I'm preaching to the converted

MrCelery

Cockerill still reckons the Russians are coming - foot of article
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/lowy-sells-out-of-sydney-fc-20120504-1y3nt.html

With Sydney FC now owned by Russian billionaire and Zenit St Petersburg owner David Traktovenko. And the Mariners maybe owned by Russian billionaire and Spartak Moscow owner Leonid Fedun.

Doesn't that make the tug-of-war over Arnie a form of Russian Roulette?

RussianRoulette.jpg

Mumbles

With respect to Sully we need someone with experience if Arnie does leave.

I'm not in the know at all but i think Arnie will stay if he can get a decent wedge out of us.

He's not making noises like Ange was.

Could do a lot worse than Sully. 99% sure he'd bring Andre with him if Moss left with GA.
Head coach northern NSWIS plus the FFA coaching instructor.
Should be able to convert young talent into stars on a lean budget.

I'd rather see these two have a go if we can't afford GA

Imagine getting stuck with Miron!

pjennings

Could do a lot worse than Sully. 99% sure he'd bring Andre with him if Moss left with GA.
Head coach northern NSWIS plus the FFA coaching instructor.
Should be able to convert young talent into stars on a lean budget.

I'd rather see these two have a go if we can't afford GA

Imagine getting stuck with Miron!

Lawrie coming back just reinforces that Arnie is going.

Wombat

Lawrie made a big mistake f**king Gumps about and the club lost a valuable asset so I would love to see Gumpy and Sully back at CCM, BUT they are not experienced enough yet to take over the reigns and don't deserve to step in front of Moss and Warmsley.
If Arnie dogs us I want a decent coach like Merrick or someone of that standard. We are a very tasty morsel for a prospective coach but it's important we don't take second best. Arnie has been brilliant for us and we need someone of that calibre or better to replace him if he makes the mistake of going to Sydney.

pjennings

The complicationg factor now may be Traktovenko controlling SFC. Their forum is reporting that he wanted a foreign coach but was outvoted. That may all change now.

pjennings

Lawrie is going to be GM of the Mariners, can't see him taking on that plus the coaching duties.

I understand that and wasn't seeing him having coaching duties. One of the reasons Lawrie left was that GA felt uncomfortable with Lawrie still a much loved figure at CCM. Arnie felt it was distracting to both him and the team. I doubt Arnie has changed his mind - hence my comment that this is more reason to believe Arnie is gone.

localpom

Is this Keegan rumour for real? My old man took me to a couple of WC qualifiers in 76 as a young whippersnapper and saw Kev score a couple of goals. One of my earliest football memories. Good guy and a good motivator of players though not sure about his coaching. Saying that, he had a few good years at Newcastle where he was EPL manager of the month a few times. Ex England coach too, so lot's of experience.

bikinigirl

One of the reasons Lawrie left was that GA felt uncomfortable with Lawrie still a much loved figure at CCM. Arnie felt it was distracting to both him and the team.

. i hadn't heard that (or at least couldn't remember it)

I doubt Arnie has changed his mind

. i would be surprised if he hadn't if your statement above is true. in lawrie's absence arnie has, no doubt, made his own impression on the club and its fans

pjennings

Well we should know about Arnie and Sydney today

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-set-graham-arnold-deadline/story-fn3t9g5q-1226347608309

Sydney FC set Graham Arnold deadline

by: Tom Smithies From: The Sunday Telegraph May 06, 2012 12:00AM

SYDNEY FC have brought their long pursuit of Graham Arnold to a head by setting a deadline of this afternoon for him to sign a contract.
Irked by Arnold's public desire to delay his departure from the Central Coast Mariners until the end of the club's Asian Champions League campaign, Sydney have told the former Socceroos boss that he must sign by 5pm tomorrow or the offer will be withdrawn.

Sydney sources say the club is still confident that the terms agreed to more than a week ago will be formalised and signed off on today, allowing the club to begin a fundamental rebuilding program with Arnold at the helm.

The sources say Sydney will also move towards appointing a new CEO this week, as the Sky Blues bid to put a lengthy period of instability behind them following the departures of coach Vitezslav Lavicka and chief executive Dirk Melton.

Arnold's arrival would allow football director Gary Cole to open negotiations with a list of players on their hit-list, which is believed to include a French striker. They also have to make decisions on a number of off-contract players at the club, including Michael Beauchamp, Shannon Cole and Scott Jamieson.

Sydney had hoped to have the Arnold deal tied up by the middle of this week, but the Mariners' 5-1 destruction of Tianjin Teda means their ACL campaign is very much alive.

Victory away to Nagoya Grampus in 10 days would see Central Coast qualify from their group.

Arnold felt he owed it to his players to be at the helm for that game and the round of 16 fixture that would follow a fortnight after if they did defeat Nagoya.

But Sydney have refused to budge, meaning Arnold must decide whether to cut short his Mariners tenure after a grand final appearance in 2011 and winning the minor premiership this year since he succeeded Lawrie McKinna in 2010.

He faces a lengthy rebuilding program at Sydney after two highly disappointing years since the club won the double in 2010 under Lavicka, with the first priority to add pace to what Cole has admitted is a slow squad.

Meanwhile, Sydney's hunt for a new chief executive will move to the final stage this week as the headhunters assigned to find a replacement for Melton put together a short-list of candidates for interviews.

The Sunday Telegraph has learned that former Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston has applied for the position, and is expected to be interviewed this week.

Yesterday, the 53-year-old confirmed his application as he seeks to return to sporting administration after a long stint with the NRL club.

"Sure, I'm interested in the job and I'll probably know more next week," Johnston said. "I've been working in the financial services industry, but I've been keen for some time to look at opportunities in sport.

"The game has had some challenges this year, but it certainly interests me."

The new chief executive will have just as big an in-tray as the incoming coach, with the redevelopment of the club off the pitch that began under Melton put on hold since his sacking two months ago.

A priority will be the hunt for a new front of shirt sponsor after the club played most of last season without one.

yellowcake

More reasons to hate Shitty
Australian football's #1 parasite

But implies that terms / contract have truly not been agreed to already and announcement deferred while Arnie's still looking after our ACL campaign.

Let'em sweat it Arnie! If they've been constantly working towards you being their prize, do you really think that'll all change if you don't sign on the dotted line today?

Nagoya on Tuesday week (and beyond), ACL 2013 vs. whiney "I want it and I want it now". Umm...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred