• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fire up Sasho!!! Show them what your made of

skilbeck

Jets strike back with blunt assessment of Petrovski

Robert Dillon
February 21, 2008

NEWCASTLE coach Gary van Egmond declared yesterday that Sasho Petrovski was "not the sharpest tool in the shed" after bristling at cocky grand final week comments from the Central Coast striker.

And in a further sign there is no love lost between the Jets and the man who sunk them with two goals in the major semi-final, Newcastle skipper Jade North vowed to keep him scoreless in Sunday's A-League decider at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Petrovski's comments earlier this week were not exactly explosive, but in the countdown to a grand final they have provided Newcastle with extra motivation.

On Tuesday, he told The Sydney Morning Herald that if the Jets were as lax in defence as they were last Sunday, when they beat Queensland 3-2 in the preliminary final, then he and strike partner John Aloisi would cash in.

"Queensland could have killed Newcastle off and been in the grand final, but they didn't punish them," he said.

"I believe we would have punished them if they make mistakes then myself and John can make them pay for it."

Petrovski was also dismissive last week of the Jets' chances, tipping Queensland to win the grand final qualifier. Yesterday van Egmond fired back.

"Unfortunately Sasho's not the sharpest tool in the shed," van Egmond said. "If anyone's had a conversation with Sash, they'll understand what I'm talking about."

Asked to elaborate, van Egmond said: "I think he opens his mouth before he thinks."

North's response was equally forthright.

"I think they're a bit worried to be playing us, to be honest," he said. "I bet they were cheering for Queensland to get through, but that wasn't the case, and here we are, on a roll.

"I think them having the week off, they don't have any momentum going into the game.

"I'm just telling you now, they better be on their game."

There was little need to read between the lines when North was asked his opinion of the Central Coast strike force.

"I'd have to say Aloisi is a good player," he said.

Reminded that it was Petrovski who scored twice in their last encounter, North replied: "He's scored two goals all season and I don't think he's got any more in him."

North was confident the 3-0 loss at Bluetongue Stadium on February 10 would work in Newcastle's favour.

"They always seem to struggle against us," he said.

"Apart from last time, we didn't turn up to play, it was as simple as that this week's going to be a different game. The pressure's all going to be on them now.

"They've beaten us and they're lapping up the hype now and I think mentally they're not going to want to play us, because we want to beat them after what they did to us."

Despite his umbrage at Petrovski's comments, van Egmond acknowledged the Jets needed to pick up their game defensively this week.

"We still did get opened up in certain areas and ride our luck, which we're not happy with."

It seems to me that GVE and Gollum are more concerned with trying to unsettle our boys than firing up themselves for the weekend. I think they are still struggling to regain the upper hand, composure and confidence they would need to beat us. i.e. We are winning the psychological battle already

Timmah

North thinks they're on a roll.

We beat them 3-0 less than 2 weeks ago ffs... who are they kidding?

LFCMariners

On behalf of the entire Mariners team, I don't really want to bother retaliating. Hopefully the final scoreline on Sunday evening will be the biggest 'FAR Q' we can send their way. I'd rather stay focused on our boys playing their best football and our supporters cheering the loudest we can. Make it a day to remember.  :soapbox:

uncleyellow

"He's scored two goals all season and I don't think he's got any more in him."

Further proof of the Maths curriculum in newcastle being well below par...

Not sure how many he has scored this season, but I know its not 2...

Get a grip north... Sasho will burn you... and John will make you look like a fool... Again!!!

Bex

Yeh, Sasho has scored 8 goals .... North is a knob and he looks more like a knob every time he opens his mouth.

Lets hope he continues to underestimate Sash ......

uncleyellow

Thanks for that...  that would be 8 goals.

Either North Cant read, or count, or both!

Must suck being sunk by someone who isnt "the sharpest tool in the shed"

Pretty sharp to me Sasho!! Fire UP!!!! :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

bikinigirl

. that's a crack-up: 2 goals! now we know who is not the sharpest tool in the shed  :p

. gve says sash ain't too bright, then agrees with him  ::)

. i think those sort of comments will give the boys more confidence but also keep thier minds focussed on the job at hand

Deej

Those comments will only fire Sash up and make him even more hungry for a goal.....if he plays like he did last time then North will have plenty of work to do.  Having Aloisi alongside him it makes it difficult for defenders as they naturally get drawn to Aloisi.

If both strikers are on song we'll score for sure.

SNOWMARINER

I agree that the stupid comments from 'duchspeak' and the tool who can't count to 8, North will only fire Sasho up and make him more determined than the second semi when he could have easily scoed more than the 2 great goals he did.

Worse thing, for them, the d**kheads up north could have done is fire him up even more and it does reflect their total lack of confidence and doubt in their ability to win to stoop to personal attacks and suggestions that our team somehow are bullies when they have equal fouls and 3 more yellow cards this year. That wa*ker is hoping the ref is reading the paper I would assume.

FIRE UP, SASHO!!!

Kimba

skilbeck said:
Jets strike back with blunt assessment of Petrovski

"I bet they were cheering for Queensland to get through"

Well I was certainly cheering for QLD! I love to see the Scum get beaten, no matter who they're playing!

Sacko

Jaza_SFC said:
To be fair to North... Petrovski is amongst the most stupid people you'll ever meet in life.

I hear that Ian Rush would not be out of place with them

Deej

Jaza_SFC said:
To be fair to North... Petrovski is amongst the most stupid people you'll ever meet in life.

besides the point Jaza......a professional coach/player should not make claims like that in the press, personally I don't care as I think it'll fire Sasho up.

LFCMariners

I haven't really heard any gameplan from the Jets yet, just banter like this. I hope it's a good sign for Sunday...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred