• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Final Series- Local League Thread

mariners4ever

drew 3-3 tonight against budgewoi, could of 5-3, i hit the post with a very good effort and one of our players had a shot whilst the referee was blowing the whistle for FT that went in the goal. very  entertaining 2nd half after losing 1-0 at HT

offtheball

All sorts of dramas in the 18s with mid week games leading into Friday nights semis.

Berkeley Vale and Kariong have forfeited in their games V Wyoming and Kincumber respectively.

This has ended Kincumber's season who needed to win by 4 or more to make the semis, possible as Kariong are win less. 2-0 forfeit win leaves them short.

Tuggerah play Kanwal tonight. Win to Tuggerah Wyoming are fourth. Win or draw to Kanwal and they finish fourth.

Kanwal Bull

finally got to play our last game of the season tuesday night which we won 3-1 against Wyoming, which secured our spot in 4th.. minor semi this sunday against The Entrance at Mascord..

Ted

offtheball said:
Kanwal 6 Tuggerah 1 Good on Tuggerah for having a go with only seven players.

Thats a poor turn out for Tuggerah, good effort though.

Kareem

0-3 vs Doylo 18B's major semi
We had a shocker
So did ref (doesnt help)- so bad not even funny
2 players fightin in same team
Diehard attitude- it wasnt fun
It wasnt in a good way- it changed the way we played- we didnt play the way we should- the way we could
HAL final sure
but 18B's semi final...it was like going to work
it was like doing a test
it was crap- if I was told thats what it was like for rest of my life...i would maybe quit
I have played 1st and reserves and sure they are committed but not freaking diehard- you make a mistake, postive reinforcement not baggin out your mates! Players getting silly yellow cards
I was bagged out at end of game for trying to be positive and saying lets get em back in 2 weeks

didnt help I showed up 10 mins late...I thought game was 7pm (it was changed to 6:15 and my coach didnt tell me and for some stupid reason started 6:05)
Took me until 2nd half to actual do a pass/ not lose ball (played only 10 mins 1st half but still).
They scored of 2 set pieces (didnt see 1st goal).
I think our attitudes today lost it- we are easily the better team but we just didnt know how to go about it the right way!
Missing top scorer (25 goals) for final + grand final (5 yellow cards accumulated) so it makes harder.

Anyone think it is stupid that a player who plays u18s (every week), 21s (on occasion) and Reserves (every week) has the yellow cards counted together not separately?
He has gotten I think 1 in 21s and 1 in reserves and 3 in 18s!
they are 3 different comps!

oh well that is my rant

hasbeen

Kareem said:
0-3 vs Doylo 18B's major semi
We had a shocker
So did ref (doesnt help)- so bad not even funny
2 players fightin in same team
Diehard attitude- it wasnt fun
It wasnt in a good way- it changed the way we played- we didnt play the way we should- the way we could
HAL final sure
but 18B's semi final...it was like going to work
it was like doing a test
it was crap- if I was told thats what it was like for rest of my life...i would maybe quit
I have played 1st and reserves and sure they are committed but not freaking diehard- you make a mistake, postive reinforcement not baggin out your mates! Players getting silly yellow cards
I was bagged out at end of game for trying to be positive and saying lets get em back in 2 weeks

didnt help I showed up 10 mins late...I thought game was 7pm (it was changed to 6:15 and my coach didnt tell me and for some stupid reason started 6:05)
Took me until 2nd half to actual do a pass/ not lose ball (played only 10 mins 1st half but still).
They scored of 2 set pieces (didnt see 1st goal).
I think our attitudes today lost it- we are easily the better team but we just didnt know how to go about it the right way!
Missing top scorer (25 goals) for final + grand final (5 yellow cards accumulated) so it makes harder.

Anyone think it is stupid that a player who plays u18s (every week), 21s (on occasion) and Reserves (every week) has the yellow cards counted together not separately?
He has gotten I think 1 in 21s and 1 in reserves and 3 in 18s!
they are 3 different comps!

oh well that is my rant

Not a bad rant .. take it to the CCF

There are real issues with the Judiciary  .. Umina had a guy sent off for fighting earlier in the year (his second offence of the same red) and got nothing .. seems the paper work went missing
strange that ............

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Is it really appropriate for a referee to be bagging out a colleague on here kareem?

Personally I have absolutely no problem with a player getting his cards counted together across all his games.

Let's be realistic here, a reserve grade player is a bit above the standard of 18B anyway, so you're lucky enough that he's allowed to play at all.

As for the judiciary - they're an absolute disgrace.  Although when the chairman of the judiciary quite obviously doesn't take his job the slightest bit seriously, I don't think there's any hope.

Although, if nothing happened to that Umina player, then perhaps the referee neglected to send the report in?  Unfortunately that happens from time to time.  I also know that, on occasion, I've had emailed reports apparently get lost in internet land. 

Not quite sure why CCF can't sit there and say 'well, this teamsheet there's a send-off and 3 cautions but we don't have any of the referee's reports, what's going on?'....

Kareem

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Is it really appropriate for a referee to be bagging out a colleague on here kareem?
I am not a ref anymore!
I decided to quit tonight- the poor reffing + something to do with the association led to me deciding not to be a ref anymore.
I am glad not to be part of that anymore. Double standards and the like within the ref's association
so i guess I am entitled as much as the next person to bag out ref's here and there!

Ted

Sometimes you have to blame the ARs ability or the lack of actually having them present and not just the Ref. We had a call in one of our games during the season where the ball went through the opposing keepers legs on his own goal line, the keeper spun and dropped to the ground to rake back the ball. The fact that the keeper was on his line and collected the ball from behind proves in my eyes it as a goal not to mention several witnesses from the opposite team saying it was a goal and we were shafted by the decision. The AR was too bloody slow to follow the play adequately and he was never in the correct position to make such a call. But he did so anyway, the ref believed him and it was denied. We also had about numerous offside calls go against us as well. Some were legitimate calls, some werent. But meh, what can you do? btw we lost 1-0.

Kareem

Ted said:
Sometimes you have to blame the ARs ability or the lack of actually having them present and not just the Ref. We had a call in one of our games during the season where the ball went through the opposing keepers legs on his own goal line, the keeper spun and dropped to the ground to rake back the ball. The fact that the keeper was on his line and collected the ball from behind proves in my eyes it as a goal not to mention several witnesses from the opposite team saying it was a goal and we were shafted by the decision. The AR was too bloody slow to follow the play adequately and he was never in the correct position to make such a call. But he did so anyway, the ref believed him and it was denied. We also had about numerous offside calls go against us as well. Some were legitimate calls, some werent. But meh, what can you do? btw we lost 1-0.
its a problem
do u decide between slow AR or no AR?

mind you once I pulled my groin and I couldnt run- i was scheduled for MAA1 and i had to pull out. Ref asked me to do game as he really need a 2nd AR
i was mainly walking- def. not keeping up with play!

oh and I think fitness tests for ref's are laughable! Anyone can pass them

Kareem

:fireup:
0-1 against Toukley- u13C's
went down to a 29th min penalty
absolute schoker by ref- couldnt call fouls and his performance was just bad
couldnt manage time wasting
couldnt manage fouls to break up attack. twice they did this
it is a yellow card offence if it breaks up attack- player got past the guy and they trip him- breaking up attack.
it was a rubbish performance
great effort by defence with IMO a clean sheet against a team that has scored like 80 goals this year or something like that.
Our attack- a bit tired out there and couldnt crack em!

MOM- I dont like saying this in finals
but without a doubt our GK. He had a blinder! He made 1st grade saves- I have never seen him play that brilliant before
2 diving palm saves. I havent seen anything that good since Jay Pilson (at 13 yrs old)- and tbh i never saw him pull of a save as good as 2 our GK made today.
He has played well this season- definately A grade standard but today- WOW- he stepped up unbelievably!

Gopher of Pern

Kareem said:
Ted said:
Sometimes you have to blame the AR’s ability or the lack of actually having them present and not just the Ref. We had a call in one of our games during the season where the ball went through the opposing keeper’s legs on his own goal line, the keeper spun and dropped to the ground to rake back the ball. The fact that the keeper was on his line and collected the ball from behind proves in my eyes it as a goal not to mention several witnesses from the opposite team saying it was a goal and we were shafted by the decision. The AR was too bloody slow to follow the play adequately and he was never in the correct position to make such a call. But he did so anyway, the ref believed him and it was denied. We also had about numerous offside calls go against us as well. Some were legitimate calls, some weren’t. But meh, what can you do? btw we lost 1-0.
its a problem
do u decide between slow AR or no AR?

mind you once I pulled my groin and I couldnt run- i was scheduled for MAA1 and i had to pull out. Ref asked me to do game as he really need a 2nd AR
i was mainly walking- def. not keeping up with play!

oh and I think fitness tests for ref's are laughable! Anyone can pass them

I'd vote for no AR everytime!

When we played ourimbah, they had one of their friends be AR, and he never moved 10 metres from halfway! Their was a clear offside where they scored, but because the AR was nowhere near the defence line it wasn't pulled up. If your gonna be an AR, at least put some effort into it!

Anyway, tomorrow is Major Semi for AA6 Budgewoi (1) v Avoca (2) at Budg, 11am.
Heres hoping we can give Budgewoi their first defeat of the season!

mariners4ever

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Let's be realistic here, a reserve grade player is a bit above the standard of 18B anyway, so you're lucky enough that he's allowed to play at all.

he might have to play under 18's, one of our players plays 17B's then play reserves and first grade on the weekend because they make him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred