• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Final Series- Local League Thread

Kareem

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about finals series!

U18B's Ourimbah secure finals spot with 2 games to go!
If we win both and Avoca (currently) lose vs 1st (Dolyo) we will take 2nd!
Gosford need only a point from its remaining 2 matches against us (Friday and Sunday) to take 4th! Umina manager asked me today to do them a favour (told her we needed to win anyway- so we are motivated) and beat them 2 times (so Umina can take 4th)- should be an interesting match (Gosford have drawn last three matches 1-1 against 1st, 2nd and 5th)

U13C's SEU- 2nd place (33 points)- Congratulations Team!
Major Semi Final  vs Toukley (46 points) at 12:45pm at Pluim Park this Saturday!
Lost 4-1 and 5-2 this year against these guys!

marinermick

Killarney aa2 need to beat east gosford 11am at east gosford and hope entrance draw or lose for us to make the semis

Kareem

marinermick said:
Killarney aa2 need to beat east gosford 11am at east gosford and hope entrance draw or lose for us to make the semis
who are entrance playing (and what place?)
good luck!
I saw EGO play last week 0-0 draw I think (with OURIMBAH)!

marinermick

Kareem said:
marinermick said:
who are entrance playing (and what place?)
good luck!
I saw EGO play last week 0-0 draw I think (with OURIMBAH)!

they play the doyloson team that we beat with nione men last week so chances are slim for a finals berth

we play ourimbah in the last game and they will have to beat us to avoid relegation

if we have no chance of finals you may well have a chance

RADINHO

in the semis playing this weekend at pluim for first Major semi Final and even if we do lose we have another shot at it by versing the winner of the minor semi final.

dibo

versing eh - loose lips laying out the lyrics in lisarow...

back in my day we'd play football.

hasbeen

dibo said:
versing eh - loose lips laying out the lyrics in lisarow...

back in my day we'd play football.

"Versing" is quite alright to use in this context. Haven't you seen them play ... poetry in motion.

Gopher of Pern

Avoca AA6's are playing off for 2nd spot this weekend against Mountains. Winner takes 2nd, Loser gets 3rd or 4th, a draw....comes down to last week goal difference, with us beating them by 2, but they have an easier team!

Ted

Good luck to those advancing to the finals and also good luck to those still trying to get there.

mariners4ever

just lost 4-2 to gwandalan at gwandalan. with only 10 players we can take many positives out of the game where as gwandalan, even though they won, they probably wont take any positives out of it. now waiting for the result from the kanwal v wyong game to see how much of a chance we have making the semis with 2 competition games left and a make up game still to go.

marinermick

killarney all age 2s started with ten players and three turned up midway through the first half pissed

despite being down early we won 4-3

now sweating on the entrance/doylo match result

marinermick

marinermick said:
killarney all age 2s started with ten players and three turned up midway through the first half pissed

the entrance beating doylo 2-0 has put us out

there was a game where we played entrance in round four where we hit the post just before the end of the game and from that play they went up the field to score the winner

six point turnaround

that one play cost us a semi spot

Ted

marinermick said:
marinermick said:

the entrance beating doylo 2-0 has put us out

there was a game where we played entrance in round four where we hit the post just before the end of the game and from that play they went up the field to score the winner

six point turnaround

that one play cost us a semi spot

Damn that sucks Mick, unlucky mate.

ryan

Budgie AA7 have secured a spot in the finals with 2 games to go. It's us, Toukley, Mountains and Tuggerah. The only thing yet to be determined is the order of the final placings.

Kareem

gut wrenching stuff on Saturday
SEU vs Toukley U13C's
History
Toukley were in 12A's last year and got dropped down 2 grades!
Game 1 at SEU
Toukley killed us and won 4-1 (could have been more)
Game 2 at TOU
We werent switched on in 1st half and it was 3-0 at halftime (clawed back to 3-2 and lost 5-2 with 2 late goals in last 5 minutes) (although outplayed them 2nd half)
Game 3
Semi-Final at Pluim
We were amazing- we conceded early goal (mix up at back) against run of play but clawed back to 2-1 up at halftime. They scored in 2nd half against freekcik 30 yards away which took deflection off defender and wrong footed keeper!
Went to extratime where they scored an early goal we never recovered from!
Goal was apparently offside although I couldnt tell- a few parents were unhappy that liney was 6metres behind play...
We dominated game and simply killed them- but they somehow won, if we play likle that this week and next week we should record comfortable wins!
I was really proud at how our team has improved this year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred