FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Discussion in 'Overseas Football' started by MrCelery, Jul 13, 2010.

1. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

:redcard::redcard::redcard: Some people never learn no matter how many time you try to teach them:redcard::redcard::redcard:

2. sydmariner

I'm sure there'll be plenty more where that came from in the future;):redcard:

3. sydmariner

luis suarez has been banned from all soccer activities for 4 months & 9 international matches:thumbup:

4. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

Could there be a Netherlands v Germany Final???

For the Dutch it would be a great way to finally win one!

5. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he said "fouled me" not "fight me" and he looked dominated in that exchange.

He had a great World Cup though.

6. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Half coconut, half Pom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sydmariner

I'm hoping 4 a brazil v argentina final

8. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Bloody Dutch or more accurately KRUL cost me $180.

Had picked Argies, Brazil, Germany & COSTA RICA to qualify for the Semi finals on a $10 Multi.

Costa Rica were shit & don't deserve to be there but so bloody close.

The dutch backs were beasts. They totally dominated & bullied the Costa Rican forwards. Any time they looked like crossing half way they said not on our watch.

It's so hard to watch Robben. So skillful but so dramatic. It's smart because he makes the ref make the call & the ref knows there was some contact but he makes a real meal of it.

9. sydmariner

:vhappy::piralaugh:

10. MrCelery

MrCelery Well-Known Member

For family reasons I want the Dutch to win this one. But I think they are a bit of a one-trick-pony, eg. feed the ball to Robben and hope a) he scores, or b) he milks a penalty\free kick. Too many lazy players in the Dutch side for my liking. Germany look very dangerous and are showing the usual Teutonic efficiency. Nothing too flashy, just well organised.

My prediction:
    1. Germany
    2. Netherlands
    3. Argentina
    4. Brazil

11. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Big call Macca.

I have a feeling the Krauts could win it BUT you can never right of Brazil or Messi.

1. Whoever wins out or Germany and Brazil.
    2. argies.
    3. Dutch.

12. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

I don't think Argentina has been that impressive. Messi hasn't set the comp on fire. If he is going to shine it better be in the next game. I can see the Dutch going through.

Germany vs Brazil? I don't know, it should be a very good game.

13. ryan

ryan Active Member

I am tipping a Germany - Argentina final with Messi and co to lift the title

14. dibo

dibo Well-Known Member

Germans to win it - too many different ways to win a football match for the others to stop them. The side best suited to stopping them (in football terms) was eliminated in the group stages - Spain. They're the only side that has properly stifled Germany's play, against all others (even Ghana), Germany made more chances and looked more threatening. They're dynamic and aggressive and have lots of different ways to hurt you, whereas all of Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands are a little more limited. Not *bad*, but limited.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Atomic

Atomic Well-Known Member

I went to have a shower and get changed for work when Germany were leading 1-0. I cam back to the tele and the score was 5-0 :eek:. I did a classic double-take just to make sure I was seeing the screen correctly. There's going to be some interesting scenes on the streets of Brazil tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dibo

dibo Well-Known Member

Now six. Brazil's worst ever loss was 6-0 and that was 96 years ago to Uruguay.

17. sydmariner

Holy f***k 6:eek: this could end up like when we played American Samoa I didn't think not having neymar, ronaldinho, & kaka would be this bad I feel sorry for brazil:(

18. sydmariner

ffs 7-0 is this going to end up being 10-0 & I thought cassillas was bad I'd hate to think what 'll happen if they they have to play Argentina in the 3rd place playoff with messi up against them they seriously need to dump cesar for the 3rd place playoff

19. sydmariner

1 down 6 more to go

20. sydmariner

Fulltime:vhappy: