• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA World Cup 2010- South Africa.

Forum Phoenix

typool said:
i'll love a nice Crack at the Italians first for a bit of pay back
then Cameroon and Slovenia to round off the group

I'm with you on the Italians. Beating them would make my World cup and can only imagine how fired up the Aussies would be.

hasbeen

Forum Phoenix said:
typool said:

I'm with you on the Italians. Beating them would make my World cup and can only imagine how fired up the Aussies would be.

You'd have to hope Italy were reduced to 9 men, cos we sure as hell couldn't score against 'em when they had 10.

Arabmariner

hasbeen said:
Forum Phoenix said:
typool said:

You'd have to hope Italy were reduced to 9 men, cos we sure as hell couldn't score against 'em when they had 10.
And the way Pim sends his teams out to play we could play for a month and not score against the Italians.

Get in the faces of the frogs and they get rattled, do it to the Italians and it's right up their street.

I honestly can't see Australia beating Italy.

FFC Mariner

Agree 100%. Isolate Kennedy, close down the wide mids and Pim's tactical genius is stuffed.

Just because you arent Arnoldout doesnt make you good

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Agree 100%. Isolate Kennedy, close down the wide mids and Pim's tactical genius is stuffed.

if it was that easy why has it not happened to now?

Forum Phoenix

Garbage we could beat the Italians.
The Dutch are a much better side this year.
North Ireland look better than them also.

4 years ago and today are very different propositions. Who watched the confederations? Of course we can score against them.

FFC Mariner

marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:

The Dutch did it they just didnt really seem that bothered about putting us away.

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:

The Dutch did it they just didnt really seem that bothered about putting us away.
+1

Friendly matches count for next to f**k all.

The Dutch were here f**king around and picking up whatever dosh was promised to them.And the Italians will be ready for the WC.The Confederations Cup doesn't mean a lot to them or any of the big football nations tbh.

I want Australia to do well at the WC but there's a fair bit to be concerned about this time around imo.

Forum Phoenix

Mmmmm, I do understand Arab, but I think otherwise.

I see a golden generation of players looking at probably their last world cup... and at the very least a changing of the guard. There is no underestimating the value of heart and fire that will be in the final swan song of this team IMO.

I believe there may well be some magic in the air and no one will walk over us.

Arabmariner

Forum Phoenix said:
Mmmmm, I do understand Arab, but I think otherwise.

I see a golden generation of players looking at probably their last world cup... and at the very least a changing of the guard. There is no underestimating the value of heart and fire that will be in the final swan song of this team IMO.

I believe there may well be some magic in the air and no one will walk over us.
You're right FP no one will ever walk over Australia so we'll always be a chance.

I just think this team (basically the same one as in '06) is past it's best and worryingly there seems to be no one pushing hard for a place.

Yes we'll be hard to beat but will we have the bit of flair(or tactics) required to beat a top football nation like the Italians ?

Anyway I'll be very happy if I'm wrong  ;)

Forum Phoenix

:tophat:Me too ;D ;D ;D

Arabmariner said:
I just think this team (basically the same one as in '06) is past it's best and worryingly there seems to be no one pushing hard for a place. Yes we'll be hard to beat but will we have the bit of flair(or tactics) required to beat a top football nation like the Italians ?

Re X factor.
I just can't help but imagine it's going to be Harry, in a big way this time - the stage looks set to me... mercifully he seems to be becoming our preferred striker option... and we all know he is an immensely talented player - but he is also looking to the fittest and best he has looked in a looooong time, since Leeds really for mine... and surely you can't get hungrier than Harry will be in very likely his last World cup.

Should be well up to skinning a few Italians me thinks ;D

Timmy we know will always be up for it and a genuine threat. Emmo just tonight even against Bolton was looking very very good, probably better than ever I think. Kennedy is definitely hard to contain in the air...

But we are in fairness still short at least one attacking ingredient and some depth. Bresc is a solid link and quality player, but still not an x factor. Those behind the scenes keep seeming to think it's Holman. But I'd be more inclined to Nicky Carle myself... also Vidosic has pushed and impressed ... but ultimately I don't care who steps up.... But if someone can...

We'll be looking very strong indeed I think.

marinermick

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
Right, seedings are announced on Wednesday, draw is Friday.

Who do we all want??

south africa, slovenia and some chile

Not even Uruguay so we can smash those Latin f*ckers 5-0??

would be nice but i was thinking as our easiest possible group

group of interest would be australia, england, uruguay and ivory coast

serious14

Ahhhhhhhhhh, gotcha.

Can't say I disagree with yours as an 'easy' group - although the whole "host nation" factor of S.A. would be a bit of a gamble to go up against.

marinermick

serious14 said:
Ahhhhhhhhhh, gotcha.

Can't say I disagree with yours as an 'easy' group - although the whole "host nation" factor of S.A. would be a bit of a gamble to go up against.

rather them then any of the other seeds

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred