• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 09/10 thread

Which one will you be getting?

• Fifa 09

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pes 09

• Neither

• Both

• Undecided

• Total voters

Redline

Biggest complaint is the writing on the cards and in the tutorials is so damn small you can't read it. It's like blind freddy trying to manage a team...can only just make out the position on the cards without going into the bio to see.

THe gameplay is quite different...different commentators which is a nice change, but the actual players themselves seem to move far more realistically...not the super fast agile nimble players you have in the manager mode.

Not to bad..I only played one game, but the size of the writing is a big turn off as it makes it damn hard to manage your team effectively and knowing what sort of player your looking at...skills and stats without going into the players bio.

loyalist

After updating my xbox last week(hadn't done it in ages) it doesn't seem to work when I have my hdmi cord plugged in however it works with the red white and yellow cords. Anybody had anything similar happen to them?

Redline

I don't use HDMI sorry...check with Serious when he gets back from Chinaland...if they let him through at customs.

Redline

Well another big negative against the update....all the tournaments are online....I just played the first game in one...lag is horrendous as it always has been on FIFA. Don't think I'll bother buying the full game...its 800 MS points.

scottmac

Suspended
Redline said:
Biggest complaint is the writing on the cards and in the tutorials is so damn small you can't read it. It's like blind freddy trying to manage a team...can only just make out the position on the cards without going into the bio to see.

Get a bigger TV!! Seems fine to me on a 42''.

Redline said:
Well another big negative against the update....all the tournaments are online....I just played the first game in one...lag is horrendous as it always has been on FIFA. Don't think I'll bother buying the full game...its 800 MS points.

Not all the tournaments are online. There are different tournaments when certian skill points have been attained. Both online and club tournaments are there.

As for lag i cant not say anything about xbox but the playstaion version is seamless as it always has been for Fifa.

Have to say it is a brilliant addon to the original game. Collecting your team members, coaches, physios, stadiums, kits etc is brilliant. Trading them with other people is really good too.

Major difference is that your team requires a certian level of cohesivness to play at a good standard. Eg all players play under the same formation, players in similar positions from the same country, even the coach having the same prefered formation effect how well your team can play. This makes beating a team of stars possible with a well picked/managed, but poorly skilled team.

Sleepless nights have started again!!

~Floss~

loyalist said:
After updating my xbox last week(hadn't done it in ages) it doesn't seem to work when I have my hdmi cord plugged in however it works with the red white and yellow cords. Anybody had anything similar happen to them?

Might sound obvious, but did you try sliding the switch on the grey cable where it plugs into the back of the 360?

The label looks like a temporary sticker that's probably worn off if you didn't rip it off first. I think one way is for TV (analog/RCA output) and the other for HD (digital output)

Redline

I think it's a great add on.

42"? I have a 56 cm tv...cant afford one of these new fancy ones...I have an old CRT. Might make a difference, and if that's the case then f you EA. Not everyone has a big tv.

THe first tourny that I ws able to play...had enough skill points for..was onlineand I got smashed 4-2 by some dude..I had bad lag....I'd press tackle and it would tackle...2 seconds later, when it was a different player, and he'd get a card cause it would be a bad tackle.

Serious and I could be sitting on couches in the same loungeroom, playing fifa on XBL, and the lag would be terrible when we were housemates. It's always been bad on fifa for the xbox.

scottmac

Suspended
Redline said:

42"? I have a 56 cm tv...cant afford one of these new fancy ones...I have an old CRT. Might make a difference, and if that's the case then f you EA. Not everyone has a big tv.

You can make the cards bigger on PS3. Should be able to do the same on xbox??

Redline

scottmac said:
Redline said:

You can make the cards bigger on PS3. Should be able to do the same on xbox??

Really? Where abuots do you find that option? I didn't think you would be able to so I didn't go looking.

And Tufty...Serious and I have always had that problem...when we were in Dwyer, and then when I movede up here.

Honkee

OK, I HAVE to share what just happened to me while playing FIFA 09 on my PS3

I was playing as Valencia against Liverpool. I was down 2-1. Now I may be crazy but sometimes the way FIFA ups the difficulty level of the game is but dropping the A.I level of both the players goalie and the ref ( I call it the "Breeze" difficulty level, sorry lame joke).

There was 5 minutes left in the 2nd half when I finally get a penalty in my favor a couple yards into Liverpool's half. I think "what the hell" and I do a lobbed shot using Baraja. The ball goes the distance, and hits the top post, the ball bounces back into play, only to hit the Liverpool goalie in the back of the head and go INTO THE NET!!!!!!  :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:
THAT my friends is the single greatest moment of my FIFA playing career, I jumped up and yelled at the top of my lungs like I did on boxing day when Matt Simon Slotted that goal in during the Scumcastle match.

But as can often happen in life, a great victory was quickly followed by a soul crushing defeat. Still on my euphoric high, a go to upload the movie of the goal, the single greatest goal Ive ever scored on FIFA, when I notice, the upload button was disabled. :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

You see my friends, while I was wrestling with my computer generated foes, the PS3 decided to disconnect me from the PSN network, leaving me unable to upload the movie to the eafootball site to share it with the world.

If i can take a moment to tell you how  I feel at the moment. Its not as bad as the depression I experienced after last weeks game with the score line that shall not be spoken of again in my house hold, but its about on par with how I felt when Archie Thompson slotted the game drawing goal past Bozza when there was only seconds to go in the game (I will NEVER forgive Wilko for that).

f**k fifa 09, f**k it in its stupid ear.

Kanwal Bull

I had a similar thing happen to me after scoring an awesome goal.. was disconnected from xbox live.. i just kept it paused and connected then uploaded it..

Honkee

Yeah Ive tried that before, but on the PS3 (Im not sure if its just mine) if you disconnect you have to restart the game to be able to upload video again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred