• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup semi final vs SFC away

Ironbark

Only having watched the second half and then the highlights, i dont see why the hate for Urena. Redmayne kept SFC in the game with some brilliant saves that he didnt really have a right to save (e.g. the 2x Moresche follow ups). My only shooting complaint for Urena was when he was closed down by Warland (i think) and just scuffed the shot, i think he could have done more there but a Warland did enough to throw him off.

I'm also really happy that Redmayne got beaten down the middle between the legs, after he dances around like an idiot every single penalty.
This is how I saw it too. Urena produced so much quality and was only stopped by excellent goalkeeping or else he'd have (more) goals and assists against his name.

His partnership with Moresche is just starting to take off. Expecting some excitement from that pair this season

LFCMariners

The notion you'd get a combination of being burned at the stake and nailed to a cross, à la Joan of Arc and Jesus, seems a slightly over the top description of the experience of having other people hold and express different opinions to one's own.

Wombat and I would've barbecued each other countless times if that was the going rate for daring to disagree. And West Gosford Bunnings' fasteners aisle would be as empty as Wellington Phoenix's trophy cabinet.
Careful with comments like this-

I'd hate to put a hex on us

Ben10

Watching Steve Corica behave like a spoilt toddler on the bench while Sydney are losing/playing badly is great value. Your inherited shiny toy is broken mate, byeeeee.

Edit: Also up the boys, MOTM Kye, he's become so safe and consistent, long may it continue

Tevor

Fantastic result and I've never been so happy that the VAR was non existent. Have had some fun with SFC fans on social media who are complaining bitterly that there is no VAR for FFA Cup. I politely reminded them of all the games in the Cup played in the lead up and there is no VAR so why would a SFC game get the privilege over every other team in Australia. King and his assistant both thought is was in the box and so did I in real time, was clearly outside on the slow mo but hey that's football without VAR.

There were some rusty moments and in the second half at about 60 mins in I thought we had run out of petrol as they had a dominate 10 mins. A good Birraz save and we were back baby. Totally agree the backs were immense then the forwards and the mids had their moments but were still strong.

Monty picks Marco as our striker every week so if you dish Marco you are dishing Monty in my opinion. I feel privileged every game Marco plays for our club, he is a great leader and you can see how happy he is to be here and his influence on the younger players cannot be measured in goals alone. They who sledge after 45 mins of football runeth thy risk of egg on face.

I thought and hoped Monty would be a good manager, he is succeeding beyond my one eyed yellow expectations.

Tevor

Watching Steve Corica behave like a spoilt toddler on the bench while Sydney are losing/playing badly is great value. Your inherited shiny toy is broken mate, byeeeee.

Edit: Also up the boys, MOTM Kye, he's become so safe and consistent, long may it continue
Absolutely, he went off massively about a throw in near the half way. I suspect there is some pressure building from their poor results so far this season.

Tevor

Hopefully this means more than 25 FPS!

It'll be Melbourne. We can't match a 15k+ crowd and FA need a cash cow.
Agree Melbourne if Victory beat the Nix, would be Sydney (maybe Bankwest) if the Nix win. Some how I think Victory will be our opponents.

style_cafe

Over the years i’ve banged on about our fullbacks seemingly hitting an invisable wall at the 18 yard box and stopping the attack to pass it backwards.This has been particularly evident on the right side going right back to the Bojic days,then through the Roux era.
Finally we have a right back thats developing his attacking flair and isn’t afraid to get into the box or to attack the byline. In another year or so,as he matures,Miller is really going to be something special. He’s big,strong and tough. Once he irons out a few minor flaws I think the overseas clubs will be chasing him…:popcorn:

Last edited:

Tevor

Over the years i’ve banged on about our fullbacks seemingly hitting an invisable wall at the 18 yard box and stopping the attack to pass it backwards.This has been particularly evident on the right side going tight back to the Bojic days,then through the Roux era. Finally we have a right back thats developing his attacking flair and isn’t afraid to get into the box or to attack the byline. In another year or so,as he matures,Miller is really going to be something special. He’s big,strong and tough. Once he irons out a few minor flaws I think the overseas clubs will be chasing him…:popcorn:
Spot on, he is developing very well and Monty has clearly told him to back himself and its paying off in spades. He may turn it over a few times however we won that game based on his endeavors.

turbo

Hate to be cynical but I think MV will be playing with 12 men on the pitch and a number of controversial decisions will give them the win.
If you mean against Wellington I doubt they'll need it. City were dominant and had plenty of opportunities to get the job done they just couldnt put the ball in the net. Can't see the nix riding their luck to penalties again.

Against us who knows. I put more faith in us taking it out of the officials hands if we've got enough time to get back to full fitness.

Corsair

If you mean against Wellington I doubt they'll need it. City were dominant and had plenty of opportunities to get the job done they just couldnt put the ball in the net. Can't see the nix riding their luck to penalties again.

Against us who knows. I put more faith in us taking it out of the officials hands if we've got enough time to get back to full fitness.
Haven't watched that match yet i don't think.

How much do you want to bet we get Kurt Ams reffing the final?

marinermick

Over the years i’ve banged on about our fullbacks seemingly hitting an invisable wall at the 18 yard box and stopping the attack to pass it backwards.This has been particularly evident on the right side going tight back to the Bojic days,then through the Roux era. Finally we have a right back thats developing his attacking flair and isn’t afraid to get into the box or to attack the byline. In another year or so,as he matures,Miller is really going to be something special. He’s big,strong and tough. Once he irons out a few minor flaws I think the overseas clubs will be chasing him…:popcorn:

I doubt he will still be with us in a year’s time, Heck he might not be with us in a month’s time!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred