• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2019

Ozhammer

Please @Shaun Mielekamp tell us you weren’t involved because that would be betrayal of the highest order. It certainly seemed planned. Why would Laurie and his stooges even have a tifo like that.

If it it’s a stunt it has potential to bring violence. This is not acceptable in any football club. And if we think they’ll let us waltz in and return the favour then we are ....... (not nice words)
I am hoping against hope that this proves to be untrue but if not, us fans need to make some sort of representation to the club, as the line about how the club views its fans, will truly have been crossed.

In what universe could that sort of thing EVER be acceptable? I look forward to reading Shaun’s response and sincerely hoping that he had no part in it but I guess we will see.

adz

Staff member
Probably to get a bit of passion back in the derby. Seems to be working. Although really, the only way to reignite passion is to start producing on the park. No point getting all fired up and the team not backing it up. A game here and there fine, but the last 5 or whatever years...
Hopefully we're back this year.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mattys first yellow was just stupid fkn Simon level footballing..but that second yellow was down to that stupidly pedantic fkn rule written by some f**ktard who knows nothing about human movement that states when you contest a ball with a jump in the air your arms must be by your sides ...ain’t no one on earth can do that , except Masai warriors having a dance ....how AU ended up with a full squad on the pitch will astound me till the end of time , f**kin referees ain’t improved none....ANYWAY, evrytime we got near the AU goal a half dozen of the red f**kers appeared out of nowhere , great coaching by the Snowtown hippie in charge....Suffice it to say, the boys done fairly good till the red, then AU hit the overlaps and that ,as they say , was that .....Silvera was bonz as was DDS ...Ziggy and Clisby had a couple of iffy spots, Muzz the birthday boy tried to get a goal, Milan was foxing us, he had a great game , thought he was half a dud until tonight....SO...bottom line , if Simon keeps a starting spot , I’m gonna have to start questioning Staj and Narz abilities ....hope the crowds keep showing up
PS i hope it hails during the cup final and that same ref gets the game but pulls a hammy getting out of his car, the fat f**k

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Also..as relates to that scum banner ...YOUR f**kING KIDDING CCM ain’t you?, does anyone really think we’d get away with that at the toxic waste dump? A month out from a Derby ? Not f**kin likely buddy .... can you picture Alex Ferguson letting Man city stick a banner in Old Trafford before a derby! HAHAHAHA, never gonna happen, That was just stupid Shaun ( and whoever) unless it’s more of that “friendly banter” I been hearing about lately

Last edited:

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey guys

To simply answer this, yes last night Sydney FC, WSW and Jets were all at the match which is common practice as the clubs are all now working together as part of the new A-League structure.

Lawrie has told us he would "wave some flags and maybe a small banner" just before kick off to catch Fox's attention, fuel the Derby and also requested parking. Neither I or CCM staff had any idea of the size or scale of this and never was a bay pull over discussed or approved - I would never have approved a bay pull over of this scale. I have spoken to Lawrie this morning on the matter and we will follow up again to ensure there are appropriate boundaries for promoting the rivalry between the clubs.

Also whilst there was a marketing meeting the other week all conversation was about other ways to promote the Derby, not this. Again this is common practice and happens every year and also happens with the other Sydney Clubs. The main topic was how do we promote the reciprocal membership offer to drive membership and attendance.

Lawrie's intention was to get everyone talking about the Derby so no doubt this has worked and the first shot has been fired.

shipwreck

Sounds like you got played bro.

I understand there will be a proportional response at the Jets first home game.....?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

O
Check out the #ccmvadl thread to see what he did. When are people going to realise what a classless pr1ck he really is? And to think he spoke at the YA pre-game event and was invited into the the Old Boys lounge too, way to shove it back up our collective asses Lawrie you tosser.
I can't even be mad at McKinna for that, as much as I'd like to be.
He saw an opportunity to represent his club well while making his arch rivals look like an absolute laughing stock. Who wouldn't jump at that opportunity? I'd expect our club to do the same. This is 100% on SM and our club.
As for being bitter that he spoke at a prematch - somebody holding such a high role with an arch-rival club shouldn't be speaking at any of our events. He has history, but it's time to let that go. We invite the chief scummer to our event then get angry when he plays us for fools? That's on us, not them. We'd all think it was brilliant if the tables were turned.

Rowdy

Lawrie : Hey Shaun, hold my beer !
Shaun : ...... :cheers:

LawriesBIGarseFUtoCCM.jpg Lawriegettinghishandsallgrubby.jpg caught red handed !!!

Marketing my arse,
- we've been made to look like a bunch of chumps

scottmac

Suspended
Hey guys

To simply answer this, yes last night Sydney FC, WSW and Jets were all at the match which is common practice as the clubs are all now working together as part of the new A-League structure.

Lawrie has told us he would "wave some flags and maybe a small banner" just before kick off to catch Fox's attention, fuel the Derby and also requested parking. Neither I or CCM staff had any idea of the size or scale of this and never was a bay pull over discussed or approved - I would never have approved a bay pull over of this scale. I have spoken to Lawrie this morning on the matter and we will follow up again to ensure there are appropriate boundaries for promoting the rivalry between the clubs.

Also whilst there was a marketing meeting the other week all conversation was about other ways to promote the Derby, not this. Again this is common practice and happens every year and also happens with the other Sydney Clubs. The main topic was how do we promote the reciprocal membership offer to drive membership and attendance.

Lawrie's intention was to get everyone talking about the Derby so no doubt this has worked and the first shot has been fired.

How the f**k would either of them get that f**king huge thing in past security without approval. I guarantee none of us could have without it being checked and double checked.

Another absolutely embarrassing f**k up by this organisation. Shots fired my arse. You've bent us over painted a target on our arse and invited that right in.

The only thing everyone was talking about was how cheeky Lawrie is. You've promoted Lawrie and the jets. Not the derby. Pissed off is an understatement.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Oh .... @Shaun Mielekamp gave him a parking spot
- he just drove it on in !! ... :unsure:
Still, it had to be carried into the stadium from the car park. It's not small, someone saw it and either turned a blind eye or approved it. Imagine walking from that Carpark with your mates carrying that f**king huge thing. How far do you reckon you'd get.

Forum Phoenix

We got successfully trolled.

Shouldn’t have happened but I’m not losing sleep over it. Beating them is what really matters.

scottmac

Suspended
We got successfully trolled.

Shouldn’t have happened but I’m not losing sleep over it. Beating them is what really matters.
It just makes us look f**king stupid. With everything we've gone through how the f**k could our own club expose us to this. Imagine this happening os. There'd be riots. Why isn't it happening to all the other NSW clubs if they're all in on it? Why just us? How would the RBB take that?
This isn't some small hiccup to be brushed over. It's another cluster f**k with us as the punch line. Enough is enough. Its unacceptable.
If Staj is trying to change a mentality maybe he should start in the office. Act like a legit club not a f**king whipping boy.
Also what Shaun is saying above is that he allowed our rivals into the stadium to antagonize us. Forget fox or cross promotion or any of it. He allowed his own members to be antagonized in their own stadium. It's f**king disgusting.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

My view on everything.

On the Jet's banner.
FFC's response on the active support thread was appropriate. We had a shot on the expressway in the past. They got us with the banner. 15 all. It is great banter and publicity. We can do with both. I am happy for both CEOs to be doing something to bring more interest to the derby rather than leaving it to the fans.

On the match and our players.
I was curious to see how we would go against another FFA club in a serious context and was pleasantly surprised. Until the send off we were by far the superior team.
I was concerned how the defence would play with only one DM in front of the back four, but all five were solid. Birra is not Matty Ryan but a massive improvement on the last few years. I would say the centre halves, full backs and keeper are now the starters and it will take injuries, suspensions or serious loss of form for anyone else to get a look in.
Duric had a great game and was probably close to our MOM. I think it was Mick who said he is really an 8 rather than a 6. I would like to see him there when Kim is fit. If that happens the only attacker I can see making space would be Matty or Muzz. DDS, Oar and Silverra were awesome and are getting a better understanding with each game. I loved a lot of the quick passing and movement. They are going to rip some defences apart this year.
We definitely need a goal scorer. If we do not get one soon, we really have to start playing Muzz in that position, so he can build an understanding of playing as a lone striker and combining with our mids as soon as possible. I may upset some people, but I see his movement, positioning and runs as far superior to Matty's. If Duric plays as a #8 he will also give more scoring options. If Muzz does not work out, it may be time to give McGlinchy a go up front. He may not be a striker but he can find the back of the net. Do we need tall attackers?

On Matty.
It may be unfair, and he may be getting the rough end of the stick from the refs, but it is now a fact that his style of play is going to result in him receiving too many yellow cards. This is a fact that must be faced. His commitment is great, he is extremely valuable in defending corners, he continually unbalances opposition defences and he is a Club legend. However he is not a great striker and he has missed too many easy chances in the pre season. Unfortunately his liabilities out weigh the assets. I would love to be proved wrong but we need someone else at the pointy end.

On the (lack of) subs.
At the time the only sub I would have made would have been to bring Nissy on for Oar at 75 min or Simon before he received the 2nd yellow, with either sub pushing Duric up the park. However even though we were tiring we were still dominating. I suspect Staj was not prepared to bring on a player lacking big match experience being only one goal up. After the send off, I suspect the plan was to hold on and decide to either defend or go for broke when we went into extra time.
With hindsight my decision would to replace Matty before the send off. After the send off it would be to bring on 3 fresh attackers and go for broke in the last 10 minutes. Or do you pack your defence in the last 10 mins and try for the draw. Or do nothing and hope the ten out there can hold on (which turned out to be incorrect).

On the reffing.
I thought overall the refereeing was inconsistent. Adelaide got away with a couple that should have been carded and Matty copped two. This is what happens when you do not have VAR. Referees make mistakes and miss things. Would things have been different with VAR?
Most definitely. Adelaide would have copped of couple of yellows. However, neither of Matty's cards would have been changed, and we would have been down a keeper and a player much earlier in the match. Birra's back handed slap was handbags, but intent was there and VAR would have given a red.
Personally, I prefer the mistakes to the VAR, but maybe I am living in the past.

Overall. This is the best the team has looked and has played for the last 5 years. The last 5 years is not a high bar to get over and there is still a lot of improvement necessary. There will be more disappointments and mistakes I am looking forward to an awesome season.

Rowdy

Still, it had to be carried into the stadium from the car park. It's not small, someone saw it and either turned a blind eye or approved it. Imagine walking from that Carpark with your mates carrying that f**king huge thing. How far do you reckon you'd get.
Lawrie could well have been given a parking spot 'inside' the gates of the Stadium :-| ...... regardless it's an own goal whichever way you look at it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

My view on everything.

On the Jet's banner.
FFC's response on the active support thread was appropriate. We had a shot on the expressway in the past. They got us with the banner. 15 all. It is great banter and publicity. We can do with both. I am happy for both CEOs to be doing something to bring more interest to the derby rather than leaving it to the fans.
Incomparable. The freeway billboard wasn't in their stadium with the collusion of their club

Big Al

It’s not banter when Lawrie keeps taking advantage of Shaun. Shaun is nice guy but is still protecting Lawrie. How many times does he need to do it to you before you wake up. Lawrie is a SCUMMER!!!

Why would you even consider letting him wave a flag on fox? It’s our FFA cup game. Has nothing to do with the league. They were all there to spy as doesn’t cost them airFares (that’s fair enough).

But putting a TIFO in the rivals stadium will start fights. No doubt and when the fans take it to far Shaun and Lawrie will be no where to be seen. Absolute discusting behavior by Lawrie knowing what it means.
First i sent you an email to a ex employee while signing your players and now this and Shaun just says I was just going to let him take the piss out of us a little and he pulled my whole pants down :fireup::headbutt:

You watch the retaliation get out of hand. Just the dumpest idea ever. We thought Gallop was bad but the clubs running it like this will be a disaster

Big Al

Muzza needs to lift his strikes just a little when one on one to get over the keepers legs. Had a similar shot last year maybe against the Jets where a keepers legs saved it.

He looked energetic and had some great touches. When he burnt the two who pressed him against the sideline and they fouled him was great skill. I look forward to him starting rd 1 as sole striker with no Simon.

He is not a winger. He is the striker or not at all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami