• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2019

Forum Phoenix

Majok was there the last match, but better still, at 1-0 up you get a holding midfielder on to stabilise things and have Murray play point. It is not as if we haven’t played 4-2-3-1 before.

Duric is not a six, he is an eight but he worked his bollocks off doing both. He needed extra support in the midfield. Both Nisbet and McGlinchey needed to be subbed on the middle earlier rather than lat..., rather than at all.

Yep, this 100%

Forum Phoenix

Agree with what you are saying but Simon gives him no choice after his carry on in the first right infront of the ref. He knows that Simon is after him and is basically waiting to give that yellow from then on. Without his reputation or his f**king big mouth he stays on the field after that. But alas, he is Matt Simon. A f**king liability that no longer makes up for it with goals.

Yeah I can’t and won’t argue with that. He had a choice, but Matty’s prior behaviour absolutely influences his decision.

Ironbark

My gripe with the ref was the infringements he let AU get away with, especially in the first half.

They were grubs intentionally chopping at our players and getting away with it.
If the game was officiated consistently - using Captain Flap's yellow cards as the standard - then we'd have picked up about 3-4 yellows and AU would have gotten 7-8 cards, maybe more.

Edit: after posting the above I remembered the clear as day push in the back in the box penalty that was not given too

Last edited:

Ironbark

All in all though that was a pretty positive game considering where we're coming from.

Most players had a quality crack and I'd love to see a player rating review from those who like to do them.

If we're a work in progress it could be an enjoyable journey to watch.

From what I've heard the club is still looking for a probable visa striker so some money is still available, and you'd have to think MC would see the value in topping up the coffers for one in any case.
We're in for more disappointing nights without one I suspect.

true believer

Both of those yellows were f**king weak, if that was a yellow Michael Jakobsen should be on at least a yellow from the first aaaand... Here we go...
once again yes but they were only looking at one player .
that player is always going to do enough to get flicked .
i'll bet the fox crew didn't even mention jakobsen

true believer

we lost the game because we a still playing a loose canon up front .
i'd play wee mac at 9 before before simon .
im sure there are a million better options than wee mac
lets pick one of them

Last edited:

Rowdy

Especially after the shitty stunt they pulled unfurling a Jets banner in our stadium.

So come on Shaun, what is the club going to do about that?

Have it on good authority that @Shaun Mielekamp met with Lawrie & his 2iC 'Sack Whacker' - (Griffiths) about a week ago, to plan this bullshit stunt.

Can't honestly get my head around why a Mariners CEO would allow a Scum CEO to unfurl the 'mortal enemy's' logo/colours on a banner
... the size of a goddam Bay
.... in the top tier of your own fcuking Stadium
.... on what is SUPPOSED TO BE 'your night to shine' in an FFA Cup Semi-Final.

If Lawrie was the CEO of the Mariners and the CEO of Newcastle asked to do this exact same thing I have absolutely NO DOUBT what his response would have been:
a) "FCUK RIGHT OFF" ... or
b) "Yes, Yes you can do it !" ;)
...... (tips off Pete Prior, Eggy, Boycey & myself to 'handle' the little Squadrunts just as they're about to do it)

What an absolute embarrassment
:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:

Rowdy

STAJ:
"THERE'S A LOT TO LEARN"

Stajic.jpeg

Central Coast coach Alen Stajcic says his side have to think about how they are going to win tight games after going down 2-1 to Adelaide United in the FFA Cup semi-final.

The Mariners were ahead 1-0 until Matt Simon was sent off in the 72nd minute.

They then conceded two late goals, to George Blackwood and Riley McGree, to be knocked out of the Cup.

Stajcic feels Simon's dismissal was pivotal.

"I though it was a very even contest for large periods,"he said. "If not, I thought we had the better of the play for larger periods in the first half and the second half up until the red card.

"And then the red card obviously swung the game in their favour and they obviously got a lot of momentum.

"We were will in the match, we were leading at the time and I thought we deserved the lead at that point. Even though we got the red card, we shouldn’t have given away as much territory and dominance as we did, and we certainly didn’t scramble enough.

"The lads put in a great effort, a lot to learn and a lot to be proud of as well. Apart from a couple of critical incidents, I thought we could have won that game."

Stajcic was pleased with his side's performance at Central Coast Stadium, but admits they need to learn from the experience.

"There’s a lot to be impressed about how we played, and a lot to think about in terms of positives," he said.

"But at the end of the day we lost the game and we really need to think about how we’re going to win tight games like that and win critical moments so we don’t put ourselves in positions like this again."

Michael

The back 4 were immense defensively. Ziggy and Clisby had a few iffy moments with the ball but we were playing with a high risk factor. I’d be shocked if we play that openly next week. Birra was quality, his distribution was class aside from one or two when he got a little carried away.
I refuse to believe the ref targeted Matt. He brings the attention to himself in the way he acts. You can have high physicality without being a shithead liability.
That contended drop he had with Elsey for example, yeah it’s a scrap he actually won it then proceeds to grab at and push and swing at Elsey in the few seconds after. Childish. Not even Melling is that much of a f**kwit, his tackling is just wild on occasion.

I hope with this improved culture and mateship in the squad there is real punishments in place for any and all red cards. Our biggest strength this year could be the boys playing for each other and us. They and us can’t be let down by this kind pathetically pointless shit.
With 11 we were more likely to win, then have a home final.
Adelaide couldn’t cope with our midfield at all. Which is a huge positive going into next week.

pjennings

Matty was not targetted in the sense that you can't deny either yellow. The question is more the no foul of Elsey on Matty and Jakobsen on Silvera. Then the penalty shout not given when you have extra assistants right there.

Michael

Matty was not targetted in the sense that you can't deny either yellow. The question is more the no foul of Elsey on Matty and Jakobsen on Silvera. Then the penalty shout not given when you have extra assistants right there.

They definitely should’ve had some more cards.
If VAR was in play I think we would’ve gotten the pen. It was clear as day a push. But in saying that Birra would’ve been sent if VAR was in play.

Big Al

Have it on good authority that @Shaun Mielekamp met with Lawrie & his 2iC 'Sack Whacker' - (Griffiths) about week ago, to plan this bullshit stunt.

Can't honestly get my head around why a Mariners CEO would allow a Scum CEO to unfurl the 'mortal enemy's' logo/colours on a banner
... the size of a goddam Bay
.... in the top tier of your own fcuking Stadium
.... on what is SUPPOSED TO BE 'your night to shine' in an FFA Cup Semi-Final.

If Lawrie was the CEO of the Mariners and the CEO of Newcastle asked to do this exact same thing I have absolutely NO DOUBT what his response would of been:
a) FCUK RIGHT OFF ... or
b) "Yes, Yes you can do it !" ;)
...... (tips off Pete Prior, Eggy, Boycey & myself to 'handle' the little Squadrunts just as they're about to do it)

What an absolute embarrassment
:oops::oops::oops:
Please @Shaun Mielekamp tell us you weren’t involved because that would be betrayal of the highest order. It certainly seemed planned. Why would Laurie and his stooges even have a tifo like that.

If it it’s a stunt it has potential to bring violence. This is not acceptable in any football club. And if we think they’ll let us waltz in and return the favour then we are ....... (not nice words)

Tevor

I think Staj treated the game as a training run, no subs and leave them to play it out fatigued with 10 men. Good experience and as Staj said we will learn from that. I think he wanted to see how they go fatigued, answer = shit. AU really miss Isasis and will not be a top 4 team. City will beat them.

marinermick

I think Staj treated the game as a training run, no subs and leave them to play it out fatigued with 10 men. Good experience and as Staj said we will learn from that. I think he wanted to see how they go fatigued, answer = shit. AU really miss Isasis and will not be a top 4 team. City will beat them.

If he did that then he is either a prick or just plain stupid.

Our first home FFA Cup game, semi final, one step away from silverware, and five and a half thousand supporters, some who have not been in years.

I just don’t buy that theory.

Elite

Absolute disgrace that the scum banner was displayed at our home. Surely something like this was coordinated behind the scences, especially with Lawrie featuring in the piece. Furious with what took place last night, not to mention the result.

Ironbark

The team we had on the park was our best functioning team in 5 years.
I thought at the time that Staj was holding off on the subs to not disrupt something that was working, and save the fresh legs for when we needed to hold out another 30mins of additional time with 10 men (and score again). Having 3 fresh subs to their one or none might have been our only advantage.
Hindsight shows it wasn't a good move as they tired and dropped the pressure but that's what I thought might be the reasoning at the time.

Reactions: adz

turbo

Absolute disgrace that the scum banner was displayed at our home. Surely something like this was coordinated behind the scences, especially with Lawrie featuring in the piece. Furious with what took place last night, not to mention the result.

Artificial fire / promotion for the the round 2 derby for sure. Not the end of the world but I do get the impression we’re the punching bag / push over here. Maybe if we return the favour later it won’t look that way.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred