• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2016

Timmah

We've drawn Green Gully FC in St Albans, VIC (away) in Round of 32.

To be played late July by the looks.

Rowdy

FFA Cup Round of 32:

fffffa.jpg

Wollongong Wolves will host Sydney FC in a New South Wales blockbuster to headline the 2016 FFA Cup Round of 32, after the official draw on Thursday afternoon.

Elsewhere, A-League champions Adelaide United will travel to face Queensland's Redlands United while Green Gully host Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne City take the trip west to tackle Floreat Athena.

Meanwhile, the three all A-League clashes see Brisbane Roar play Perth Glory, Newcastle Jets take on the 2015 FFA Cup champions Melbourne Victory and Wellington Phoenix at home against Western Sydney Wanderers.

This year’s list of entrants includes 11 clubs making their first appearance in this stage of the FFA Cup, including: Bonnyrigg White Eagles (NSW), Canberra Olympic (ACT), Cockburn City (WA), Devonport Strikers (TAS), Floreat Athena (WA), Green Gully (VIC), Lambton Jaffas (Northern NSW), Marconi Stallions (NSW), Redlands United (QLD), Rovers Darwin FC (NT) and Surfers Paradise Apollo (QLD).

The 16 fixtures will be held over three weeks, with four matches per night set to commence in the last week of July.

Full FFA Cup round of 32 draw is:

Brisbane Roar v Perth Glory
Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory
Wellington Phoenix v W. Sydney Wanderers

Wollongong Wolves v Sydney FC
Redlands United v Adelaide United
Green Gully v Central Coast Mariners

Floreat Athena v Melbourne City
Melbourne Knights v Cockburn City
FNQ Heat v Edgeworth Eagles
Rovers Darwin v Brisbane Strikers
MetroStars v Bentleigh Greens
Canberra Olympic v Surfers Paradise Apollo
Devonport Strikers v Lambton Jaffas
Bonnyrigg White Eagles v Manly United
Hume City v Marconi Stallions
Blacktown City v Sydney United 58

JoyfulPenguin

Excited that I get to go to another Mariners game in this year but it would probably be better if we had have drawn a NSW state league club.

Rowdy

A little 'low-down on' Green Gully,

They have a quality & well respected Coach in Arthur Papas, who was a former Assistant & Head Coach of the NYL at the Scum. Started off with the Oakleigh Cannons winning the Victorian NPL Coach of the Year Award before going to the Jets. Has also Coached in India both in the I-League & the Indian Super-League for Goa FC.
2016-06-30-17-07-34-939727022.jpg

Green Gully are currently sitting 5th on the Victorian NPL Table (14 teams)

Ex- Victory hardman defender Roddy Vargas joined the "Cavalier's" immediately after leaving the A-League in 2012 to play with his brother Andy.
2016-06-30-16-54-21--584240735.jpg

Striker Liam Boland is their leading goal scorer with 9 goals in 7 games, which has him at 5th on the VNPL Top Scorers Table.
images-25.jpg
Boland had no trouble finding the net last season, scoring on 17 occasions, finishing 2nd in the race for the Golden Boot. He netted on two instances for the Oakleigh Cannons and added 15 to that tally after transferring to join Gully in the second half of last season.

Speedy left or right sided winger Nick Krousoratis has scored 8 goals in 5 games, sitting 7th on the VNPL Top Scorers Table.
MG_8955-e1460342584244.jpg

Ex-Victory/Adelaide player Jimmy Jeggo's younger brother Luc Jeggo also plays in the midfield for them.
luc.jpg

JoyfulPenguin

A little 'low-down on' Green Gully,

They have a quality & well respected Coach in Arthur Papas, who was a former Assistant & Head Coach of the NYL at the Scum. Started off with the Oakleigh Cannons winning the Victorian NPL Coach of the Year Award before going to the Jets. Has also Coached in India both in the I-League & the Indian Super-League for Goa FC.
View attachment 683

Green Gully are currently sitting 5th on the Victorian NPL Table (14 teams)

Ex- Victory hardman defender Roddy Vargas joined the "Cavalier's" immediately after leaving the A-League in 2012 to play with his brother Andy.
View attachment 684

Striker Liam Boland is their leading goal scorer with 9 goals in 7 games, which has him at 5th on the VNPL Top Scorers Table.
View attachment 685
Boland had no trouble finding the net last season, scoring on 17 occasions, finishing 2nd in the race for the Golden Boot. He netted on two instances for the Oakleigh Cannons and added 15 to that tally after transferring to join Gully in the second half of last season.

Speedy left or right sided winger Nick Krousoratis has scored 8 goals in 5 games, sitting 7th on the VNPL Top Scorers Table.
View attachment 686

Ex-Victory/Adelaide player Jimmy Jeggo's younger brother Luc Jeggo also plays in the midfield for them.
View attachment 687
Arthur Papas was also assistant/NYL coach at Heart in Heart's second season. Many thought he should have got the head coaching job when John Van't Schip left the first time, but we chose an inexperienced (and at that time useless) John Aloisi for his media profile.
I think Jeggo's brother headed over to Austria with him. I remember reading about him in some Aussie Abroad reports.

Rowdy

I think Jeggo's brother headed over to Austria with him. I remember reading about him in some Aussie Abroad reports.
& so he did. :thumbup:

Joined Norwegian 2.Division club Florø Sportsklubb, in the third tier of Norway
...... 2 months ago. Go figure.

Timmah

Not to whinge about moderation but would it not be good to have a CCM-specific FFA Cup thread in the CCM section and leave this thread here for discussion about the competition in general?

Rowdy

Why read x2 threads about the FFA Cup when you can just read one ???

The discussions 'already' been started here & I doubt other fixtures in the FFA Cup will dominate in this thread unless we get knocked out.(crossed fingers)

However, if other fixtures are discussed here, the teams winning them & the individual player's etc that stood out for the State League teams that are talked about, hopefully may very well be CCM opponents as we progress.

Which will make reading through the pages here more relatable to upcoming CCM fixtures.

If we happen to get knocked out ?
Then the thread will just 'rock-on' without CCM. Simple

Timmah

While I appreciate your reply and the reasoning, it could do without the passive-aggressive formatting that you seem to to take pride in.

JoyfulPenguin

Not to whinge about moderation but would it not be good to have a CCM-specific FFA Cup thread in the CCM section and leave this thread here for discussion about the competition in general?
I guess that means we will just have match day threads for our games instead?

dibo

Hold it. It's meant to be me and Wombles having bullshit fights about nothing. Knock it off or we're calling a demarcation dispute.

Rowdy

I think he's got his panties in a wad because he created a thread for the FFA Cup 2016 and the Mods then merged it with the one that Kev had already created for it! ;)

So now he wants another thread, after the discussion for our first game has already begun in here & is upset because others disagree with him.

Oh, and Italics & " " 's, he has issues with these too. :eek:

Interjecting on calling him a muppet after he threw first ..... :rolleyes: really?

The threads here.
Timmah can choose to post OR not :-|

I mean FFS, me ... I choose Football, as opposed to rubbish about formatting of post's. :confused:

JoyfulPenguin

We need to play a friendly before this game or we could embarrass ourselves. Papas is a very good coach so we need our best eleven out there.

Timmah

I think he's got his panties in a wad because he created a thread for the FFA Cup 2016 and the Mods then merged it with the one that Kev had already created for it! ;)

So now he wants another thread, after the discussion for our first game has already begun in here & is upset because others disagree with him.

Oh, and Italics & " " 's, he has issues with these too. :eek:

Interjecting on calling him a muppet after he threw first ..... :rolleyes: really?

The threads here.
Timmah can choose to post OR not :-|

I mean FFS, me ... I choose Football, as opposed to rubbish about formatting of post's. :confused:
Geez you get high and mighty when you're questioned.

I merely asked the question as I believed (and others appeared to agree) that it was worth having a CCM-focused discussion in the CCM section PLUS this thread. That's all - it didn't require your relentless diatribe(s).

(If you'll notice, I conceded to understanding your reasoning that you put forward, I just don't find the way you addressed me necessary based on a simple question).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred