• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Feb 10 v Curriculum FC

Forum Phoenix

Two flukes and one absolute gem. Have another look at Noone’s goal and you’ll appreciate it a bit more (but I understand your more talking about coping crazy goals) Acres of space quality attacker and his technique was incredible and he hit with the outside of the foot. One of the best finishes you’ll see.

Tommy one goal. Spot on

Yeah don’t get wrong, it’s genuinely amazing. I just don’t think he (or probably anyone) could replicate it with a hundred more attempts. Which still makes it an absolute fluke. And yeah, I hate losing to freak goals.

FFC Mariner

As someone who actually went and was part of the hardy 2,700 (yeah right) who turned up, I thought a point was a fair result. Especially from 2 down. Our key passing was terrible and we were too slow until after half time.

Our 2 man midfield is getting found out and coached against. Thats 3 games running now where we have been completely over run in the middle of the park.

Last night was wooden spoon level defensive errors for all 3 goals and I thought we had sorted that shit out. Maybe its time to bring RT back and shift Dan Hall right - or play a back 3. Monty will rightly be ropeable at the schoolboy errors that led to the first 2 goals. - arguably all 3. Worldies aside they should never had had the opportunity.

Positives - Muller getting fitter helps, I thought it was an ok cameo. Marco is our star. Cumdog needs service and fitness but will get there I hope. Farrell cant play worse. Ollie and Rowles were immense and Dan Hall was his usuall brilliant self.

Negatives - Niz going off, we lose so much without him. Nkololo -get rid. Muller - pass the f**king thing FFS. Shit Neymar - surely there is an NPL player who will run around achieving very little except getting in everyones way? Miller/Roux. Glaring hole defensively and it needs to be fixed.

All in all I was ok with a point against what is a horrible side to watch and probably a horrible side to play against. A new bogey team?

Onwards to Sunday

midfielder

Took two newbies to the match... both coming again and will bring the wife's to the next match....

Every season we seem to cope goals like this ... actually all three of there goals were flukes... the second goal the player has never scored before and he just when bang and smashed it ... 999 times out of a 1, 000 that does not work...

There third goal last night was amazing, the first the pass set it up.... that the two players closest to where the pass was going did not follow where it was going and if nothing else should have closed down space when we had about two minutes to go says a lot about our bench ... that was kinda school boy stuff and neither Beni or Storm Boy tracked or seemed to communicate with each other.... What worries me about this was the lack of awareness by both players to the danger of the pass... if you watch the goal the pass is made from looking south two meters or so outside the box and say 3 meters away from the box closet to half way... and lands in the box roughly half way near near the end of the box... the ball is in the air for a long time and for most of the time it was obvious where the ball was going... My guess is if Beni had moved just a meter towards the goal line he would have reduced the angle to shot from enough to stop the goal .... Its called ball watching and you don't need ball watching at this level especially in your box...

AS and aside the first pen... why was it not a red card pen being the last man in defence

true believer

I did! Game changer ?

…but my old folks turned to me with a look that was half fear and half confusion..,

I had to explain this was not actually supposed to be a racial slur but…

I hesitated… they’re just… giving his moustache… ermmm…well… shit.
ooh he's cartoon character for sure .super mario ?

Tevor

Noone pulls off what will more than likely be the goal of the season and we smash our defence for ball watching. There are some very harsh critics out there. Pretty sure we used our whole bench and it was probably Monty's tactic leading into the next hellish three weeks. That is going to disrupt communication etc in a team no matter who the team is. I can cop the draw when a goal like that is scored, no other team would have defended it. The other two goals where football luck which they had plenty of last night and you don't get that every game.

We were lucky the VAR made Keever the Beaver look at the screen let alone give a red card as well. Pretty sure the second Pen was a YC as well but not given to a player who was already on one. He was giving them most 50/50 calls all night so no great surprises there. It was really bad sportsmanship from some of their players talking to him when he was watching the screen on the first Pen. But I expect that from the Meth Cows.

true believer

Beni and Hall, Roux was where he was supposed to be for the corner delivery and was on a man.
you can actually see that he's one of the first, thats aware of the danger and is trying to go wide .
but is being impeded by wondering cows .

yellowcake

You have to love Moresche, gives 100% all the time with heaps of passion. He must have been disappointed when the Club signed Cummings. I think now he is determined to show he is worth his spot. Backed himself to ask to take the pen and loved it when Ollie gave it to him. It showed that he and the Club valued him, which is essential for his development. When he improves his tight passing in positions where instinct and excitement are taking over, real results will follow.
100%

Was it just me or did C-D seem a little pissed when Ollie took the first pen? I was wondering how he felt when Ollie then gave the second to Moresche.
Could have had a case if either of them had failed to convert...

Wombat

Noone pulls off what will more than likely be the goal of the season and we smash our defence for ball watching. There are some very harsh critics out there. Pretty sure we used our whole bench and it was probably Monty's tactic leading into the next hellish three weeks. That is going to disrupt communication etc in a team no matter who the team is. I can cop the draw when a goal like that is scored, no other team would have defended it. The other two goals where football luck which they had plenty of last night and you don't get that every game.

We were lucky the VAR made Keever the Beaver look at the screen let alone give a red card as well. Pretty sure the second Pen was a YC as well but not given to a player who was already on one. He was giving them most 50/50 calls all night so no great surprises there. It was really bad sportsmanship from some of their players talking to him when he was watching the screen on the first Pen. But I expect that from the Meth Cows.

As a life long member of the defenders guild.......our defending on Noone's goal was disgusting. He was completely unchallenged......the finish was sweet as but our defending on all 3 goals was unacceptable. Matt Simon on the park and the 2nd and 3rd goal don't get scored imho.

Corsair

100%

Was it just me or did C-D seem a little pissed when Ollie took the first pen? I was wondering how he felt when Ollie then gave the second to Moresche.
Could have had a case if either of them had failed to convert...
It's great to have strikers that are all goal hungry and want the pen. I mean when is the last time we had players lining up to take a pen? A good time to be alive, i think we're going to tear an unsuspecting team apart soon. Let's hope it's the scum....

Fishsdad

Took two newbies to the match... both coming again and will bring the wife's to the next match....

Every season we seem to cope goals like this ... actually all three of there goals were flukes... the second goal the player has never scored before and he just when bang and smashed it ... 999 times out of a 1, 000 that does not work...

There third goal last night was amazing, the first the pass set it up.... that the two players closest to where the pass was going did not follow where it was going and if nothing else should have closed down space when we had about two minutes to go says a lot about our bench ... that was kinda school boy stuff and neither Beni or Storm Boy tracked or seemed to communicate with each other.... What worries me about this was the lack of awareness by both players to the danger of the pass... if you watch the goal the pass is made from looking south two meters or so outside the box and say 3 meters away from the box closet to half way... and lands in the box roughly half way near near the end of the box... the ball is in the air for a long time and for most of the time it was obvious where the ball was going... My guess is if Beni had moved just a meter towards the goal line he would have reduced the angle to shot from enough to stop the goal .... Its called ball watching and you don't need ball watching at this level especially in your box...

AS and aside the first pen... why was it not a red card pen being the last man in defence
In the case we are discussing the Yellow card was the most the ref is allowed. The defender attempted a legit tackle, it clipped the leg of the attacker and the Penalty was rightfully given. The Penalty + the Yellow is seen as sufficient punishment according to the current FIFA Laws of the Game.
However if the same tackle is just on the outside of the box, and the tackle gets the player rather than the ball and prevents a likely goal, then a Red Card is given - seeing as the ref can only award a free kick.
Apologies for the convoluted explanation.

Forum Phoenix

As someone who actually went and was part of the hardy 2,700 (yeah right) who turned up, I thought a point was a fair result. Especially from 2 down. Our key passing was terrible and we were too slow until after half time.

Our 2 man midfield is getting found out and coached against. Thats 3 games running now where we have been completely over run in the middle of the park.

Last night was wooden spoon level defensive errors for all 3 goals and I thought we had sorted that shit out. Maybe its time to bring RT back and shift Dan Hall right - or play a back 3. Monty will rightly be ropeable at the schoolboy errors that led to the first 2 goals. - arguably all 3. Worldies aside they should never had had the opportunity.

Positives - Muller getting fitter helps, I thought it was an ok cameo. Marco is our star. Cumdog needs service and fitness but will get there I hope. Farrell cant play worse. Ollie and Rowles were immense and Dan Hall was his usuall brilliant self.

Negatives - Niz going off, we lose so much without him. Nkololo -get rid. Muller - pass the f**king thing FFS. Shit Neymar - surely there is an NPL player who will run around achieving very little except getting in everyones way? Miller/Roux. Glaring hole defensively and it needs to be fixed.

All in all I was ok with a point against what is a horrible side to watch and probably a horrible side to play against. A new bogey team?

Onwards to Sunday

Really? Agree on the defensive lapses but I thought we were still clearly the dominant side.

Forum Phoenix

We were losing ball there and making mistakes, but we still had more meaningful possession, more shots, and imo, like Monty, I thought we were well on top until their first goal against the run of play. Cumdog, Urena and Miller looked dangerous throughout. Ivan was not happy till the fluke goal by Oar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami