• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Feb 10 v Curriculum FC

true believer

In the case we are discussing the Yellow card was the most the ref is allowed. The defender attempted a legit tackle, it clipped the leg of the attacker and the Penalty was rightfully given. The Penalty + the Yellow is seen as sufficient punishment according to the current FIFA Laws of the Game.
However if the same tackle is just on the outside of the box, and the tackle gets the player rather than the ball and prevents a likely goal, then a Red Card is given - seeing as the ref can only award a free kick.
Apologies for the convoluted explanation.
hay dude ! how have you been ? good to see you back .

style_cafe

I watched the replay last night and was surprised that it was Oar that gave the cross for No-one’s goal so he ended the game with a goal and an assist with f**king bugger all else in the game… :popcorn:

Big Al

100%

Was it just me or did C-D seem a little pissed when Ollie took the first pen? I was wondering how he felt when Ollie then gave the second to Moresche.
Could have had a case if either of them had failed to convert...
He was steaming and Moreshe was trying to tell him it’s ok.
Ollie grabbed the ball like a kid who brought the ball to school and is pissed off about something and gave it the no one is playing with my ball treatment. Two hand wrap, hanging on tight and C-dog went to still grab it and Ollie pulled it away.
Olli basically was saying this is my club and i am captain so get fu ked.
Was great both wanted it but i was super nervous for a Nix style miss.

C-Dog was off on the second penalty so he couldn’t have taken it

I found it very interesting to see a different taker. We also use the same taker when we have more than 1 pen in a game.

Maybe Moreshe is the designated taker when on the field - maybe not he was on while we got the first :doh:

You thought i was nervous on the first pen i was worse for Moreshe knowing what a few would say if he missed

Last edited:

Big Al

My first game of the season at the ground and i was part of the five hundred in the 1st half. As the game went on there certainly appeared a few more fans had come from somewhere and was a good effort for such a small crowd

Our right side is so much more fluent in attack in the first half than the left. You can really see the academy connections in action. Hall Miller Nizzy Ballard all working pretty well together.

On the left Faz was horrible in the first half and Cy was no where to be seen. They have no connection and Cy was missing alot. Urena was absolutely steaming at a couple of the balls to him from Faz. He was really pissed off at him.

That one year to get used to the league and build the fitness and get away from NPL to A League intensity is huge and I think this is where Steele and Ballard are coming up short. Hall and Miller look like men who belong now. They have bulked up and are mentally prepared for everything coming at them.

I was very impressed with Miller. I thought he was a terrible RB in attack last season and blew up alot of attack. It seems they have simplified his game and he is improving immensely. He is still to big a physic for a RB to run 90 mins up and down constantly.

Muller had the crossbar shot and another flash just wide but he actually had space to keep going and get closer. Another touch and he scores both. His control was excellent.

Sunsnar on Moreshe was very interesting. He simply pissed on him. Was handbags but he really knows Moreshe has nothing and is more crafty and looking to cause trouble to get the ref to make a bad call (very brazilian). Sunsnar simply used all his size to just stand over him and Moreshe coward on the ground. Moreshe is not up for the physical side of Australian play.
But it was good and obvious to see it was Marco who came to his rescue before Olli could do his thing. Those two have a good understanding of each other and it was good to see Marco protect his brother.

C-Dog how good was that first half strike and what a save. He just needs time to link up better with everyone because we haven’t had a player like him for a long time.

Storm was targeted immediately on entry and he desperately needs his midfielder to cover him so he doesn’t get exposed by the attacker. Before the 3rd goal someone took him on and got right into the middle and should of scored but was saved by cover defense or bad shot not quite sure and maybe a second as well which Birraz saved low to the right. We obviously needed to rest Miller for Sunday.

We played patchy in the first half and much better in the second.

Enjoyed the game

turbo

Was great both wanted it but i was super nervous for a Nix style miss.
Correct me if I’m wrong here but Olli has had some misses, I don’t have the same confidence I did when the Wizard was taking them. Moresche was very lucky not to have his effort saved, lots of power but dubious placement. Good to get him off the mark but for me he’s at least 3rd in line.
Monty needs to establish where Cummings fits into the penalty hierarchy, seems like he’s had penalty duties in the past and should be capable. It shouldn’t come down to which player grabs the ball first.

Tevor

Correct me if I’m wrong here but Olli has had some misses, I don’t have the same confidence I did when the Wizard was taking them. Moresche was very lucky not to have his effort saved, lots of power but dubious placement. Good to get him off the mark but for me he’s at least 3rd in line.
Monty needs to establish where Cummings fits into the penalty hierarchy, seems like he’s had penalty duties in the past and should be capable. It shouldn’t come down to which player grabs the ball first.
Yep last year Oli had a miss or two. Simon was very solid. I’m sure CD would be capable enough. I feel it was a good show of support for Jnr. It meant a lot to him, I was nervous though and I do get a bit nervous with Oli as he is human.

Tevor

Watched the replay, to be honest we didn’t do too bad in midfield. In the first half when DDS and Noone changed sides after 20 mins it did dusrupt our defence and some gals appeared in midfield. Otherwise we were not dominated it was more poor passing than being bossed.

Cum Dawg could easily be a Socceroo on that performance. Considering Giannou has been a Socceroo CD was way better. Giannou no shots on goal, CD three good shots and won a Pen. I know which Striker I prefer, didn’t pick it up at the game but yeah he wasn’t to happy about not getting to take the Pen.

Forum Phoenix

Watched the replay, to be honest we didn’t do too bad in midfield. In the first half when DDS and Noone changed sides after 20 mins it did dusrupt our defence and some gals appeared in midfield. Otherwise we were not dominated it was more poor passing than being bossed.

Cum Dawg could easily be a Socceroo on that performance. Considering Giannou has been a Socceroo CD was way better. Giannou no shots on goal, CD three good shots and won a Pen. I know which Striker I prefer, didn’t pick it up at the game but yeah he wasn’t to happy about not getting to take the Pen.
That’s what I saw. It was mostly our own errors that was the problem. But the pressure on Max did force his errors to be fair. Then they gained confidence after Oars fluke.

TC Redline

the key is nizzy was running amok before covid and currently he's a shadow .
cy is in the same boat . i'll bet nizzy's stats before covid was he was running 12+k's a game.
now he's barely doing more than me .
Good point re Covid. Some people it doesn’t really have an affect on and others it smashes. I got it on the 1st January and there was no way I could play a game after 10 days and even 6 weeks later still got a slight cough and not the energy I normally have. Awful illness and hope Nizzy can overcome it soon and get back to where he was.

true believer

sydney v west no fans fc .two drinks breaks in pouring rain.
the FFA truly f'ked us against sydney .
the club should be sending lawyers to ask why !!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred