• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Farewell Tony Vidmar

mariners4ever

farewell viddy, a true inspiration to many.

p.s i'm thinking about doing a banner but i have to find the time to do it first

gull

How much did his red against Melbourne that earnt us a point help us in the long run?
We wouldn't have the premiership, or be going to Asia.

A true team man. Congratulations on a great career. We'll miss you next year.

promdi442

Is there the possibility that Viddy will be the captain for his last game. What a selfless act of sportsmanship if Wilko were to relenquish the captaincy for the last game of Tony Vidmar. It would be a monumental call by Wilko I reckon if it does happen.

Now that Viddy wont be here next year the rumour mill has it that JA will re-sign AND WILL TAKE OVER THE CAPTAINCY AS WELL. It must be such a great honour to captain your team in a grand final and hold the toilet seat up to the adoring Mariner supporters. To maybe forego that honour knowing that you could be just a team member next year without the possibility of captaining the team in the near future must be something of a personal dilemma for Wilko. I think he will handle whatever the decision will be with dignity in the interest of the team as is the norm at the Mariners. But it is going to be interesting to see what happens.

kepo

Greenpoleffc said:
and/or a banner?
u must do both.
Same kind of thing like wat we did with the big blue man (Mark Rudan).
It will mean alot to him to win this championship and be sent off by u guys in fashion.
(banner, is a must)

mariners4ever

yeh i'll probably do a banner but i got to work around school work.

i doubt that viddy will be captain, maybe if it wasnt the GF

S

striker

Mariner Girl said:
Maybe if Viddy captains the 1st half and hands back the armband to Wilko at half time - just a thought  :tophat:

It's tradition in football to sub a retiring player towards the end of the match so he can get a standing ovation...... He might as well keep the captain's armband till them.

greenpoint

bikinigirl said:
. quite the goalscorer (of sorts) in his early years with one big year for rangers - would seem fitting to cap it all off with another in the gf to go out with double

Wasn't that the same year when Mark Viduka was going ballistic on the scoresheet for Celtic? (And the Celtic websites kept referring to him as Marko Viduka?)

It certainly won't be the same without Viddy keeping it tight at the back for the Mariners. Tony, your match last week v Jets was absolutely inspirational! Thank you so much for those two seasons with the Mariners, and good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future.

Hope it involves staying on the Central Coast ...

B

bakery5

gull said:
How much did his red against Melbourne that earnt us a point help us in the long run?
We wouldn't have the premiership, or be going to Asia.

A true team man. Congratulations on a great career. We'll miss you next year.

True, but what about Tommy P 50 metre run to save a goal against Sydney in the last few seconds of the game to prevent us losing 4-2 :headbounce:

marinersman

Has anybody heard anything about Viddie staying on in some capacity?

I know all the rumours about him joining his brother, but I thought he would be perfect to look after one of our academy teams next season. I would hate to lose his experience. I'm sure he'll be a HAL coach one day.

bradley

tony you are a legend and a top bloke. we will miss watching you out in the middle of BT. all the best for the future. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

coast

viddy has been my favourite player since he signed, probly since i first started watching socceroo games. He is staying on the coast for sure, he recently bought a house here and his family loves the place, and this came from viddy himself, not some 13th party hahaha. Hopefully he signs on as defensive co-ordinator or something like that, not really sure what positions there are in hte club.

skilbeck

I reckon he will go into media if he doesnt coach at the mariners, but what the hell, at least he'll help to try and balance out the tools, but then again there are a lot of tools there

Neon_B

Thank you. You have helped the Mariners in so many ways.

When I went to Mingara (after GF) I saw Vidmar there. He then ran off for some reason. Does anyone know why?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred