• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fans farewell for the Boys

yellowcake

Is there a thread about this that I can't find? (Sorry - had a 2 day trip to Hobart saw it last night when I got back).

Central Coast Mariners Members and supporters are invited to the Gosford waterfront this coming Saturday to farewell the team ahead of their sojourn to the state capital where they will contest the 2008 Hyundai A-League Grand Final against the Newcastle Jets.

From 12pm on Saturday, the Gosford waterfront will be abuzz with activity for Mariners players and fans alike, as the Central Coast prepares for the most significant sporting event in its history.

The Mariners team will arrive at 1.30pm, before departing one hour later bound for Sydney, where they will attempt to lift the ultimate prize in Australian domestic football some 26 hours later.

"It would be fantastic to see the community support and energy that we have witnessed in abundance throughout season three in attendance at the Gosford waterfront on Saturday to farewell our team," said Mariners Executive Chairman Lyall Gorman.

"To witness a significant number of Members and supporters wearing yellow would be a fantastic image for our players to leave the Central Coast with and I look forward to seeing our team receive a send off befitting of their outstanding contribution to the Central Coast already this season."

Sea FM breakfast radio hosts Paddy and Ciel will broadcast live from the Gosford waterfront from 12pm through to 3pm, while 2GOs breakfast stars Sarah and Dwayne will MC proceedings and provide live crosses to 2GOs broadcast.

Gosford City Council Mayor Jim Macfadyen and Wyong Shire Council Mayor Warren Wellham will address the team with official farewell messages and there will be entertainment for the whole family in the form of a jumping castle, sausage sizzle, bungee jumping, harlequin stilt walkers, a youth band, Hyundais kick for goal competition, a Rebel Sports merchandise stand, face painting and a display from the Australian Reptile Park.

2GOs roadrunners will then lead the team bus out of Gosford and over the Brian MacGowan Bridge at approximately 3pm.

So who's going? I'm sure the boys would appreciate the support.

(Yeah, I know it's the radio stations and the mayors jumping on the bandwagon).

FFC Mariner

Big turnout and a great send off by everyone lining the bridge as the coach left for Sydney.

Ruined by the respective Mayors and their meaninless rambling. The Wyong guy couldnt even be there on time FFS.

As everyone lined up the Cronulla team bus turned up for tonights game (apparently there is some sort of rugby type game on tonight???) Cue general laughter, Who are ya and abusing hand signals. Much to the bemusement of the rapists/wife beaters/drunks/junkies etc.

Timmah

Dude... these sports can co-exist and having RL on the coast would be an absolute dream... the idea is to have Bluetongue as a burgeoning sports venue 12 months of the year.

Having said that LOL@Cronulla. Dirty scum. I just don't agree with the general sentiment toward RL.

FFC Mariner

Timmah said:
Dude... these sports can co-exist and having RL on the coast would be an absolute dream... the idea is to have Bluetongue as a burgeoning sports venue 12 months of the year.

Having said that LOL@Cronulla. Dirty scum. I just don't agree with the general sentiment toward RL.

The sooner their bogan inspired sport dies the hideous death it deserves the better. They and their media mates have delighted in keeping the worlds No1 sport down for too long. The CC is football heartland now and the sooner they realise it the better.

Sure, I realise that there are generations of people who have been brought up with this rubbish about "the greatest game of all" and it will take a little while to breed it out but mate...............all competitors are your enemy (business rule No1)

john_kowolski

No, No, No, No, No

The coast now belongs to the mariners.  :vomit: Rugby League has had 5 years, couldn't be bothered so stuff em. The mariners have caputured the coast in a way never imaginable.

While I think that codes should be able to live with each other (I love rugby union and AFL), the coast now belongs to football and football only.

The reason CCM has worked so well is because of the 'no dickheads' policy. We don't have Matt Henjaks/Ben Cousins/Wendall Sailors. The only indiscretion I can ever remember is O'Gradys Drink Driving crash, and that shut him up.

Timmah

Ah, a dream of totalitarianism in sport, only football reigning supreme.

The sooner football gives up that dream the better. It will be a premier sport in Australia for a long time to come but it won't dethrone RL or AFL, it will sit beside them as a premier sport in it's own right. Particularly with DIFFERING SEASONS.

Matt Henjaks/Ben Cousins/Wendall Sailors
Union, AFL, Union (he's still banned and is unlikely to get a run in first grade, and his ban and druggoness occured as a union player)

If the Coast belongs to football only, why are RL games being played here during the regular season average higher than an entire CCM season?

B

bakery5

Timmah said:

The sooner football gives up that dream the better. It will be a premier sport in Australia for a long time to come but it won't dethrone RL or AFL, it will sit beside them as a premier sport in it's own right. Particularly with DIFFERING SEASONS.

Union, AFL, Union (he's still banned and is unlikely to get a run in first grade, and his ban and druggoness occured as a union player)

If the Coast belongs to football only, why are RL games being played here during the regular season average higher than an entire CCM season?

if you love league, then f**k off. This is a football fourm!!!

serious14

Timmah said:

That was last season - you watch it change this year.  This is a football town/region now, NRL had their chance.  Not to mention that it's a novelty factor...... say there was a team here (yuck) and they came 15th in their first season.  Do you think that people would bother trekking out to see them on a freezing cold July night, especially if the NRL keeps up their piss poor record of interacting with their various communities??

Not to mention the other reason that RL seriously shits me - its deluded dreams of grandeur.  They seriously think that they're the No. 1 sport in this country and that they matter on the international stage (neither of which are true).  The vested interests that affect the media coverage piss me off as well, because it doubly affects the way other sports (not just football) are covered in NSW and QLD.

marinermick

mariners4ever said:
i agree with you on that one serious, i used to always go to the RL games at gosford but now i am really sick of RL/RU/AFL

let get this thread baack on course

anymore us versus them talk with league will find this thread closed

no one really cares about a b-grade grade sport with a culture of degrading women and abusing drugs

M

mariners_4_ever

that was soo good
even thought im really really sunburnt
but it was worth it
GO MARINERS =]

Blackadder

bakery5 said:
Timmah said:

if you love league, then f**k off. This is a football fourm!!!

Okay thanks for telling me to f**k off, happen to support a number of sporting codes (yes it is possible)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred