• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Disgrace

dibo

aussiecross said:
we need a secret entrance haha

we're bigger than them. and louder. and we've got lots of stuff with us. and if we do this well, n00bs and emos at 6pm will become fu11y s1ck ulTrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz by 9pm ;)

langdonis

well i agree with u it should be a dedicated marinators bay...piss the freeloaders off...they are the ones not singing taking up our spaces...if they want to watch us sing they can sit in bay 17 or elsehwere...this needs to be addressed for next season...

serious14

aussiecross said:
you will never get rid of them unless we FILL the bay as soon as gates open

Then let's do this........ there's a 5 minute window after the gates open where 16 only has an emo or two in it, that's the window we need to take advantage of, so when the Fall Out Boy fan club arrives, they go "omg, dis is so lyke, way 2 hardc0re for me", and get back on the bus to Erina Fair.

langdonis

i just think for next season it should be a dedicated marinator hardcore bay...can u imagine how great it would be to have bay 16 packed with only die hards supporters dedicated to chanting non stop for 90miutes instead of seeing more and more young teenage girls and families just sitting in the bay doing nothing or telling you to sit down beacuse they cant see...surely they know the responsibilites of sitting in the bay...we need to become way more strict on who can sit in bay 16...

serious14

langdonis said:
can u imagine how great it would be to have bay 16 packed with only die hards supporters dedicated to chanting non stop for 90miutes instead of seeing more and more young teenage girls and families just sitting in the bay doing nothing

Yeah, it's called away trips.  ;)

brett

A lot of people who are posting in this thread haven't been around the forums for a long time, so allow me to cover a few things.

- The Marinators are well aware of how noisy we are or aren't and we have a pretty good idea whether we are louder or quieter than opposition support.

- The Marinators are ALWAYS striving to be bigger, louder, more visual and more impressive in our support for the team every week

- This season we've tried 3 or 4 different styles of organisation in the Bay and these have worked to various levels of success. We're still trying to get the balance right.

- The Marinators are not an institution that came pre-made with the fit-out of the stadium. It is people male and female, young and old, who want to support the team because they care about it a lot. They sacrifice their voices, their comfort and their view of the field to support our team.

- It is OK to note objectively that away fans are louder or whatever, but

- It is NOT OK to non-constructively criticise the Marinators. If the Marinators aren't loud, it's not the fault of the people standing there, it's the fault of the people who aren't. We simply need more people.

- It is also not the emos' fault. I doubt there are hundreds of willing Marinators who simply can't sit in Bay 16 because their seat has an emo in it. If the emos weren't there, there would probably be empty seats.

- As I've said many times on here, on radio, in the paper, I know dozens of people who have watched the Marinators from afar, one day decided to give it a go, and been in Bay 16 for every game since. People who think it's not for them should try it before they say no.

- And as for existing Marinators, you need to take an inner journey to your happy place and think about why you stand in Bay 16. The mateship and the laughs are great, but in the end it's to support the players. You need to think of what you can do to support them a bit more next week. It might be joining in one more song, bringing one more friend or encouraging and emo to get into a chant.

langdonis

im not criticising the marinators....there is however a small minority of people that sit in bay 16 that should not be there...it should be for hard core fans...piss the little kiddies off...

B

bakery5

Look, if you want the Marinators to entertain you for the match, then you should make a donation to the Marinators club. :thumbup:
We are not clowns who perform at kids parties, we are football fans.

langdonis

im not wanting them to entertain me...you r getting upset at the wrong person...what would my money do...its not going to satisfy my beliefs...all im saying is if i had control of bay 16 it would be run alot differently...whats wrong with having one bay 4 the hardcores...at times it is embarrassing to sit in bay 16...i can only imagine what travelling away fans think of the so called hardcore marinator fans...

~Floss~

brett said:
If the Marinators aren't loud, it's not the fault of the people standing there, it's the fault of the people who aren't. We simply need more people.
  :goodpost: :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: :goodpost:

A very succinct summary of my initial reaction - well put.

fish

great summation brett.

enough with the emo bashing,newbie bashing whomever bashing.

If you want to make it a better bay make the effort, you dont have to sing every song ( i dont) just join the ones you think you know the words to, if 400 people are singing their bollocks off noones going to hear you muffle the words.

We have enormous pride in our team, lets have the same for the place we choose to stand and watch the game.

brett

langdonis said:
all im saying is if i had control of bay 16 it would be run alot differently...whats wrong with having one bay 4 the hardcores...at times it is embarrassing to sit in bay 16...i can only imagine what travelling away fans think of the so called hardcore marinator fans...

Who has control of Bay 16?! The Marinators don't have the power or the right to choose who does or doesn't sit there.

fedelta

clouds said:
nah bro we aint the imbred gypsies here you lot are,
haha wtf is a marinator???
who the fark thought of that name???
maybe you were singing but your noise level was piss-weak.
ahh thats season one if you cant remember its around 700 days since the yellow imbreds beat newcastle.

What a great post mate. You sound like a f*cking halfwit. But then again that's all they are in Newcastle..inbred scum.

dibo

Taylor said:
clouds said:
nah bro we aint the imbred gypsies here you lot are,
haha wtf is a marinator???
who the fark thought of that name???
maybe you were singing but your noise level was piss-weak.
ahh thats season one if you cant remember its around 700 days since the yellow imbreds beat newcastle.

What a great post mate. You sound like a f*cking halfwit. But then again that's all they are in Newcastle.. inbread scum.

helps if you don't misspell it yourself. :piralaugh:

inbred

no 'm'. no 'a'.

rosko

I remember the last time we beat Newcastle... It actually meant something didn't it? How nice will that be to repeat... Come you on yellows...  :piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred