• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Disgrace

cheermore

I've been a member for the entire Mariners A League campaign. I have been there and I'm sure I will cop some flack from never joining the "Marinators". First of all a little history about myself. I grew up in a remote Australian town and moved here to attend uni. I fell n love with the place but most importantly the people. It was the passion of the people that kept me here. Never have I lived in a place where people will defend a whole region, be it from Patonga to San Remo, We are a people united.
Tonight however I was ashamed. The Jets fans were a hungry voice. The marinators need to be told. For the last few home games I have noticed a significant decrease in the noise. You all blabber on about Frank Lowy. So what! He can do what he wants, but it's upto the players and the fans. This game, you would think it was a jests home game, so much yellow so little noise. Newcastle fans where starting chants that echoed through the whole crowd in bays no where near there supporter base. It was awesome to see the "Marinators" sit there and do nothing! It's cool to see you guys throw some streamers at the start!
Give us something to cheer along with, we need you guys to lead. Everyone is looking to you to do something, to start something and to continue something. At the moment the general consensus of the crowd is that bay 16 is full of teenagers sitting away from there parents.

Do Something about it,

Concerned fan.

FFC Mariner

f**k you buddy. You sit their demanding that some one else lifts the team for you.

How did the crowd around you react to your efforts to get chants/songs going??

Either a wanker or a troll (probably both)

bjw

bjw
cheermore said:
Newcastle fans where starting chants that echoed through the whole crowd in bays no where near there supporter base.
to be honest I couldnt hear Newcastle tonight (I sit in bay 16)- even in those times between chants couldnt hear anything
nor could I hear Sydney or Melbourne in previous weeks
Away supporters bay should be moved back to bay 18 or whatever it was

northernspirit

we were ok tonight, we dont have a roof they do, and you can fark off coz you werent even there - there was plenty of passion in bay 16 unfortunately it wasnt replicated on the pitch - in football you win games and you lose games - get over it

priorpeter

There was only one point in time when i could hear the scum singing, towards the end of the match.

Shortly after this, my efforts in bay 16 were met with a response from bay 15 - "shutup, stop singing, the team are playing crap". We should sing to lift the team, not soley reward them when they play well.

Atomic

I'm a member and sit right on half way on the Western side. I was probably half way between the Jests fans and the Marinators and TBH the Squadron definitely won the battle tonight by a country mile.

I don't agree with "cheermore" as I'm very proud of the work the Marinators do in adding atmosphere to the game, so much so that I, like a couple of other members, have joined the Marinators so that our membership fees will help your work. I'm just being honest here in what I say. Perhaps it's the acoustics of the Stadium (the Squadron have a stand opposite which reflects their noise whereas Bay 16 just drifts off into open air), but the away fans were definitely louder.

I also think that the Sqadron and the Cove seemed to be more organised. Again I think it is another perculiar feature of the stadium. Away fans are sqeezed into a definite bay, from back to front, creating a solid group whereas the Marinators disperse along the top of the bays, probably to get a better look at the game. That's not a criticism, just an observation.

To finish, you lads are not a disgrace! Far from it, but if you so desire there is room for improvement (I don't mean that to sound as harsh as it does).

bjw

bjw
to add to what Atomic was saying
On away trips you lose all the emos and non-chanting, non-supporting fu/ckwits who sit down the front.

priorpeter

is there some sort of 'emo repellant' we can use to keep them away from the bay??? some sort of spray or something? just to make room for people who want to actually get involved..

kevrenor

1.  There are over 30 bays in the stadium - one bay (16 or whatever) cannot carry a stadium.  :yellowcard:
2.  Away fans in a derby will always sound good - eg. when we go to Sydney or that place up north. (as stated we lose all the hangers on)  :headbutt:
3.  There are Marinators all around the stadium - don't put shit on those of us who choose to / are able to stand and sing in Bay 16  :redcard:
4.  No-one should be looking to bay 16 to lead ... each bay should be doing it's own bit. Where were you and what did you do cheermore?  :redcard:

My only other point is that there were seats all down the aisle between 16 and 15 for a long period but people seemed to scrammed in again elsewhere - spread out for goodness sake!

This time in the media box (behind bay 7) I could hear the bays, and the Jets fans (but no where near as much as at the Sydney game)

~Floss~

kanewillow said:
You are a joke Mr cheermore

To add to what kanewillow said, f**k off cheermore.  :redcard:

How can you sit back and observe, and say that the noise from bay 16 was crap?

It's not someone's responsibility in bay 16 to provide a service and entertain rest of the crowd. These people cheer for the mariners because they actually care. If you really think they're not passionate enough then lead by example.

The noise from EVERY OTHER BAY in the entire stadium is MUCH MORE "CRAP" than the noise from "the bay"... so how can you blame ONLY bay 16??? How about bays 1-15 and 17+ ???   :headbutt:

clouds

haha we shat on you lot tonight, dont blame the acustics of the stadium for your shite performance.
haha i wish we were still in bay 18 or what ever it was because then you would of been able to hear us even better.
you wouldnt think that it was a mariners home game, all you could hear was NEWCASTLE all over the stadium,
ill end this comment with FARK OFF GYPSIES :eek:verhead:

noremac

Can you hear the gypsies sing? NOO NOOO I CAN'T HEAR A f**kING THING

I honestly went there expecting some competition... honestly. Original poster is right, YOU GUYS NEED TO WAKE UP TO YOURSELVES. WE TOOK OVER GOSFORD AND THEN RAPED IT.

FARK OFF GYPSIES

LFCMariners

"Took over Gosford and raped it." Well if Gosford is a metaphor for your sister then yes, I can imagine you Jets fans doing alot of that. Only time I heard your mob was the brief moments when the Marinators weren't singing.

Btw, I remember in season 1, the first semi at the Jets' supposed home ground, Mariners fans not only out-sang Newcastle, but out showed them as well. Near everywhere you looked was yellow, seemed the only brown to be seen was down by The Scumdron.

clouds

nah bro we aint the imbred gypsies here you lot are,
haha wtf is a marinator???
who the fark thought of that name???
maybe you were singing but your noise level was piss-weak.
ahh thats season one if you cant remember its around 700 days since the yellow imbreds beat newcastle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred