• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Difficult and Thorny Issue

curious

Jesus said:
This is not just about england.

What about young footballers going to france/romania/holland/qatar/etc etc

Club by club, player by player basis is essential.

Plenty of young lads have gone to english academies, and i know a few, who have not recieved a decent education. If you dont make it in football then you are starting way behind everyone else.
It happens here as well jesus. Plenty of young guys find the workload of training, playing and school not to their liking and leave in yr 10. If they don't make it in football, which is the vast majority, they're in the same boat. There is no FFA regulation in the NYL stipulating participants must continue high school education, Uni or tafe. Why?

pjennings

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-target-has-transfer-to-England-blocked-by-FIFA-and-is-then-banned-for-a-year-article248635.html

FIFA have astonishingly blocked Aston Villa's signing of top Australian youngster Reece Caira - and banned him for the next year.
The 16-year-old midfielder was told by the game's governing body that his transfer from Down Under has not been accepted and he cannot play any form of football until he is 18 in January 2011.
Amazingly Caira has a British passport, his dad is English and his mum half-Irish but is ruled out of playing for Villa because of FIFA's crazy rules.
Now Villa and the FA are seeking an explanation from Sepp Blatter's organisation in a potentially landmark case - although they will take months to even get an appeal heard.
Caira moved to England with his family a year ago and Villa offered him a contract after he impressed on trial. But now he has become a political pawn, with the Australian Federation fighting his move.
Furious dad Phil said last night: "I was born in Stevenage and we often came home to see family and football. Reece saw his first Premier League game when he was nine.
"I realise FIFA have these rules to stop African kids being exploited, but we are a British family. Now Reece won't be able to play serious football unless he goes back to Australia without us. How can that be right?"
Villa have put lawyers on the case and believe that FIFA may be breaking EC laws by stopping Caira from playing football for them.

midfielder

midfielder said:
Sometimes you pick the right cause and the wrong example... me thinks this is such a case.

Some facts about this case that start to make this appear the wrong case to go into battle with..

His family moved back to England and both parents have full time jobs... AV never offed this kid a contract when he lived in Australia or paid his fares to the UK. AV  saw a vedio of him and said if you are ever in this neck of the woods come and see us... His parents moved back to England paid their own way and took their family with them.

AV have said all players they have get a high school education and so does this kid... Moreover his parents are English.. they move back to England get jobs and their son who was offered no rep sides or AIS goes back to England and trials with AV ... where he will get a high school education and get training a little better than park football in the Central Coast...

In every way this is an easy win in the courts and may just undo what FIFA are trying to do... because once a law is over ruled by a court it is over ruled for everybody ...

IMO FFA should back off this case because from what I see it is undefendable.

dibo

midfielder said:
midfielder said:
Sometimes you pick the right cause and the wrong example... me thinks this is such a case.

Some facts about this case that start to make this appear the wrong case to go into battle with..

His family moved back to England and both parents have full time jobs... AV never offed this kid a contract when he lived in Australia or paid his fares to the UK. AV  saw a vedio of him and said if you are ever in this neck of the woods come and see us... His parents moved back to England paid their own way and took their family with them.

AV have said all players they have get a high school education and so does this kid... Moreover his parents are English.. they move back to England get jobs and their son who was offered no rep sides or AIS goes back to England and trials with AV ... where he will get a high school education and get training a little better than park football in the Central Coast...

In every way this is an easy win in the courts and may just undo what FIFA are trying to do... because once a law is over ruled by a court it is over ruled for everybody ...

clearly the FFA doesn't believe that they moved for non-football reasons.

midfielder

dibo said:
midfielder said:
midfielder said:

clearly the FFA doesn't believe that they moved for non-football reasons.

You'r right and I am not argueing whether this is in breech of the FIFA laws... I am simplying saying all laws needs to use common sense in their application...

If you decide to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough ... FFA have my full support .. BUT when you do that be sure you cannot loose ... from what I have read and heard this case is not a case that you are certain to win ... given the facts that are coming out IMO very difficult to win... in no way and open & shut case ... 

elevated position

If he cant play over there and is good enough for Aston Villa youth, we now have a vacancy in our youth team now that panny has moved up, and what a good way to promote a central coast lad. ;)

dibo

i think between FIFA tribunals and the CAS we'll see a determination at some point. i'm not sure the FFA are in that much trouble for two reasons:

1. the family are certain that they're 100% in the right and they're essentially being singled out and persecuted by the FFA, but short of stories being sparked by them there's not a lot going on out there and there's no real 3rd party commentary happening on this.

what the upshot of this is that basically the family is attempting to use the media and a 'trial by tabloid' approach to get the FFA to roll over. this doesn't mean that their case is strong. it just means they're determined. plenty of people have been determined and convinced of the merits of their own case and lost in courts and tribunals. our jails are full of them. ;)

2. even *if* the caira's case is proven and they get the ruling overturned, what cost is it to the FFA? frankly, i don't think they're gaining anything but a headache from the case anyway, the only reason they're in it is because they see the rule as tying their hands. as was said in the first few posts, the FFA stated that would use any loophole available. that they haven't given a release suggests to me that they don't see a way around the rule.

they don't think the family moved for non-football reasons and that's that. i think frankly they'd probably be just as happy for the CAS to overturn it but their advice tells them that at present they can't shift from their stated position.

curious

ii. It shall guarantee the player an academic and/or school and/or vocational education and/or training, in addition to his football education and/or training, which will allow the player to pursue a career other than football should he cease playing professional football.
I'll ask the question again. With young elite players of any sport having a tendency to put all their eggs in one basket in the hope of making a career from their chosen sport and with most failing to do so, why is there not compulsory completion of high school education &/or professional/trades training at uni or tafe for NYL players? The reasons do not differ from that quoted above in the Fifa document.

midfielder

Dibo

I have never said FFA are in trouble.. What I said was it is a difficult and Thorny issue. Latter I added this is anything but an open and shut case I can see the frustration and anger in his parents because I and many Australians would react in a similar manner..

It is a part of the history and culture of our nation. We voted against conscription twice in World War 1 despite the exhortation of the national government to support it we voted against the banning of the communist party at the height of the Cold War despite the national government strident support we ignored our national governments direction not to participate in the Moscow Olympics ..

It is distinctly Australian to question and debate to oppose decisions made by our government. That is part of who we are .,,,,, Sad will be the day when it does not occur.

The Poms in many ways are the same

European style political fascism has luckily not been part of our political culture.

It was not Australia  that seeks to ban the minaret it was Switzerland it is not Australia  that bans the hajji it is France it is not Australia that bans the entry of Turkey into the EEC it is Europe. It is not Australia that undertakes a program against Muslims when their citizens are murdered by criminals it is the Russians against the Chechens.

For all our mistakes which we wear with an openness not the mark of many nations we offer many opportunities that immigrants in France and Italy only dream of achieving.

This case will be very difficult for FIFA to win the one size fits all in something as complex as this FIFA law is will not work .. it needs exemptions otherwise the very people FIFA are trying to protect and the lower division clubs and agents who this law is designed stop will being popping the champagne cocks with this case and its unique circumstances as it has the potential to overturn the FIFA (European ) law in the European courts.

dibo

midfielder said:
Dibo

I have never said FFA are in trouble

you haven't, viper has.

viper2716 said:
This case is with the Fifa players status commity at the moment and will blow up in the FFAs face .
viper2716 said:
The FFA have dug a big hole for themselves .
viper2716 said:
Dont be surprised if the english use this to discredit the Australian bid for the world cup .

as for the rest of your post, are you likening accepting this decision with accepting totalitarianism because it's blindly accepting the decision of some high authority? can i invoke godwin's law yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred