• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Darren Sprod's NT group

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibo

hasbeen said:
And OJ is correct about you Dibo, you are an apologist for the CCF, regardless of the issue. I've never seen a straight response to a question yet. Want to address that? Try this one;

Q: Do you think it was in the best interests of the member clubs (22 of them) for the CCF to use its website to advertise its six-a-side comp rather than keep people informed of their own finals series?

i gave you a straight answer last time:

dibo said:
to answer your last point, you need to advertise the sixes so that people know they're on. the people in the finals generally have a pretty good idea that they're on without the need for something on the website.

not liking the answer doesn't mean that i didn't give it.

i haven't played (or lived, for that matter) up on the coast for ten years. i've got nothing to do with CCF. i wouldn't know any of the directors or staff if i ran over them in the street. i'm just sick to death of people hoiking shit from positions of anonymity. i've been very consistent on this for years now on this forum and the old forum.

if people don't like it, maybe they should drop the veils of anonymity and put their names to their criticism, and better yet put their own hands up to be elected to the board of CCF rather than having a bitch on here.

OJ

dibo said:
hasbeen said:
And OJ is correct about you Dibo, you are an apologist for the CCF, regardless of the issue. I've never seen a straight response to a question yet. Want to address that? Try this one;

Q: Do you think it was in the best interests of the member clubs (22 of them) for the CCF to use its website to advertise its six-a-side comp rather than keep people informed of their own finals series?

i gave you a straight answer last time:

dibo said:
to answer your last point, you need to advertise the sixes so that people know they're on. the people in the finals generally have a pretty good idea that they're on without the need for something on the website.

not liking the answer doesn't mean that i didn't give it.

i haven't played (or lived, for that matter) up on the coast for ten years. i've got nothing to do with CCF. i wouldn't know any of the directors or staff if i ran over them in the street. i'm just sick to death of people hoiking shit from positions of anonymity. i've been very consistent on this for years now on this forum and the old forum.

if people don't like it, maybe they should drop the veils of anonymity and put their names to their criticism, and better yet put their own hands up to be elected to the board of CCF rather than having a bitch on here.

i have not played or lived.. . . No further comment's required

FFC Mariner

OJ, I think Dibo makes a 2 very reasonable and sensible points

1)  He is not an apologist for CCF
2) If they grind your gears so much, why havent you sought to be elected to the board?

No organisation ever gets changed from the outside (except for political assassination but that seems frowned upon I'm told)

OJ

why do people persist with the put up or shut up mantra.. I am not making a challenge for leadership nor is there an up coming federal election. I can be critical of whom ever i like where ever i like. I have no idea who dibo is nor the majority of people who are on this forum. I am critical of the ccf because they deserve to be so. In some instances i praise them. And all my dealings with them they certainly no exactly where i stand. I have spoken with numerous members and directors of the ccf also delegates from a dozen or so clubs about some of the issues i feel need to be addressed.
So in dibo's mind if i dont put my hand up and run for the ccf i should not be critical of them!!!
That is ridiculous. . !!!

dru

OJ said:
why do people persist with the put up or shut up mantra.
Because some of us have been listening to the same whinges on what are supposed to be the mariners supporters forums for 5 years.

OJ said:
I am not making a challenge for leadership nor is there an up coming federal election. I can be critical of whom ever i like where ever i like. I have no idea who dibo is nor the majority of people who are on this forum.
You can and we in turn can be critical of you, and people like you, of just snipping at the administration on a forum that they have no obligation to read and may do absolutely nothing about

OJ said:
I am critical of the ccf because they deserve to be so. In some instances i praise them. And all my dealings with them they certainly no exactly where i stand. I have spoken with numerous members and directors of the ccf also delegates from a dozen or so clubs about some of the issues i feel need to be addressed.
Firstly it is know. Secondly this is finally someone doing something, you have (as far as I can remember) never pointed out this before, you have apparently made your complaints know to people in the current system who may be able to influence change. I say influence because not all of your gripes can be fixed at a drop of a hat, if you think it can then you should be in there doing it yourself.

OJ said:
So in dibo's mind if i dont put my hand up and run for the ccf i should not be critical of them!!!
That is ridiculous. . !!!
No, but you should get off your arse, or at the very least admit what you are and are not doing to change it rather than snipping away here.

The thing here is an administration with elected officials is very unlikely to change with out some one putting up an alternative to the way things are done.

Just out of curiosity if this section of the forum didn't exist where would all the people complaining on here complain? OJ is at least saying he complains to delegates and CCF officials, but what about the rest?

OJ

this thread was started by a person from the ccf that is what eventually led me to comment..
Sorry for the grammatical error it was early morn and i was tired..
This is the central coast football section of the marinators forum! So why can't people comment about the ccf! !
The central coast has out grown the current ccf working model. In 1995 it was estimated by 2004 that participitation rates would demand that the coast be split in to two working associations.. The levels are a third higher than what was projected.. Change has to be made that is what this thread is about.:)

dru

I think you are thinking of the what's the score thread, but it is still a valid point, that that thread and this one have some basis on having the potential to change things with the former actually having people from the CCF responding and this one for having an alternative out there. The problem, and why the "put up or shut up" attitude is thrown around, is the 5 years or so before that of simple bitching and snipping at the federation/association with no one doing much more than that. 

The main gripe is about those that only post in this section with negative comments about the CCF and no where else on the forums, or very limited input into other sections. Is as annoying as people posting only in the overseas football thread, kinda makes you wonder why they are here. It is kinda hoped that if you are here you actually have an interest in the mariners and support the team and that this section of the forums is somewhere to conveniently talk about something of a likely shared interest i.e. the local comp you play in.

OJ said:
The central coast has out grown the current ccf working model. In 1995 it was estimated by 2004 that participitation rates would demand that the coast be split in to two working associations.. The levels are a third higher than what was projected.. Change has to be made that is what this thread is about.:)
Now this is an interesting concept, if you were to expand on this giving a detailed look at what the pros and cons are going to be that is relatively unbiased then you would go a long way to gaining a lot of support for your ideas. Really it comes down to people complaining about issues they perceive but never suggesting solutions and I can see some problems straight up for splitting CCF, namely the amount of venues for 18's comps in the Gosford City Council area but it does deserve to be looked at in more detail. But if you are talking about it being a good idea you would really need to be involved in making it happen or support people who can make it happen that may share that view.

dru said:
Just out of curiosity if this section of the forum didn't exist where would all the people complaining on here complain? OJ is at least saying he complains to delegates and CCF officials, but what about the rest?
This wasn't so much directed at you OJ as you said you have been talking to delegates and the like, but it does need to be answered by those who constantly snipe and complain without ever posting anywhere else in the forums.

Ted

Anonymous posters bagging the CCF will have little impact IMO on bettering it.

While CCF is far from perfect, it could be a damn site worse (or not exist at all and we could all be playing some other sport).

Yes improvement is a fantastic thing when all goes to plan, I'm thankful we have a what we have that allows me to play the game I love.

dru

OJ said:
read through this thread.. It was started by someone in the ccf..
Really? I must be missing something. Name? position? Quote?

The way it reads to me is that luvsoccer used to be involved with the running of the game at some level or close to a club delegate at the time of 99. never seen a title or a Name apart from John posted. I can't see a contact on CCF site for a John so really isn't obvious.

offtheball

Ted said:

While CCF is far from perfect, it could be a damn site worse (or not exist at all and we could all be playing some other sport).

Yes improvement is a fantastic thing when all goes to plan, I'm thankful we have a what we have that allows me to play the game I love.

I don't quite get the differentiation.

What effect do anonymous posters have when bagging Nick Mrdja or Lawrie McKinna or FC or the Squadron or anyone/thing that is the topic of the day?

OJ

dru said:
OJ said:

The way it reads to me is that luvsoccer used to be involved with the running of the game at some level or close to a club delegate at the time of 99. never seen a title or a Name apart from John posted. I can't see a contact on CCF site for a John so really isn't obvious.
like i said muppett read through this thread.. The whole thing was started by kevin gibb's,(whom i admire greatly). For 11k we can make his impossible job so much easier..  can't you read?

Ted

offtheball said:
Ted said:

I don't quite get the differentiation.

What effect do anonymous posters have when bagging Nick Mrdja or Lawrie McKinna or FC or the Squadron or anyone/thing that is the topic of the day?

none hth

marinermick

OJ said:
dru said:
OJ said:

like i said muppett read through this thread.. The whole thing was started by kevin gibb's,(whom i admire greatly). For 11k we can make his impossible job so much easier..  can't you read?

please refrain from personal name calling

this thread had a short leash anyway and it is now being closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members