• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Darren Sprod's NT group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

I believe NT stands for NEW TEAM, I have attended one of Darren's discussions on a new path forward and found the discussion very interesting. I have been hugely disappointed with the way CCF has been run this year. If the same people are voted in again for the 2010 season I am sure we can look forward to another disappointing year. It's time for new faces and a new vision and more importantly to move into the 21st century.

Interesting discussion guys.
Luvsoccer - you seem VERY concerned with Darren Sprod's "white paper" - the way you have split up each part and thrown questions out about them.
It looks like you're more worried than concerned?
At the end of the day, we could have another three Darren Sprods appear to offer alternatives to our clubs for the coming CCF AGM and the clubs and other voters would have to just decide who they would like to run CCF.
I think it's great they have the choice to decide. Let Darren put out what he wants - if the clubs don't like it or him, they won't vote for him.
If three other people offer their visions and services, and the clubs don't like them either, then they won't vote them in.
Why be so concerned about alternative choices?

grendel

Pianostool said:
Interesting discussion guys.
Luvsoccer - you seem VERY concerned with Darren Sprod's "white paper" - the way you have split up each part and thrown questions out about them.
It looks like you're more worried than concerned?
At the end of the day, we could have another three Darren Sprods appear to offer alternatives to our clubs for the coming CCF AGM and the clubs and other voters would have to just decide who they would like to run CCF.
I think it's great they have the choice to decide. Let Darren put out what he wants - if the clubs don't like it or him, they won't vote for him.
If three other people offer their visions and services, and the clubs don't like them either, then they won't vote them in.
Why be so concerned about alternative choices?

luvsoccer - you have certainly piqued everyone's interest with your opposition to this white paper.  It sounds like nothing more than the sort of lobbying you get prior to any other election by parties wishing to be elected to positions. 

It's also interesting that you oppose the use of anonymity and yet shelter behind it yourself on this forum! 

Loki

If you would like to know who he is, simply click on his name and look at some of his previous posts before this topic. Or he could just tell you himself. I'm sure he is watching.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

luvsoccer said:
Ted
Agree that CCF and CCFRI should be independent. Another post on this topic has already criticised the impartiality of referees appointments as being  Jobs for the boys for family. (Darren Sprod, if you read this you may also wish to reply.)
In respect to judiciary.  That ran well in the 90s when we had both the Chairman and Secretary of Judiciary as also directors of the then CCSA sitting on the panel. I know neither held a position at a Club despite past affiliations with certain clubs. In those years I held executive positions at my club. We always got fair hearings as well as expeditious hearings. This area does need attention, but if my information about the possibility of a referee being appointed thereto, and meaning no disparity to Waynes reputation, I feel it would be an inappropriate time or him to be elected.
John

I read this post as 'I oppose this paper because I oppose a referee being on the judiciary' - would that be correct?

If not, I misunderstand your post...

truesoccer

masmariner said:
Has anyone looked at Central Coast Referees website,. if this is an indication of how things are going to be run then there's a vast improvement there.
The website is up to date, has meeting minutes financial reports, schedule of meetings on it more that I can access from the CCF I'm afraid.

I agree that CCF site is poor. Actually one could go onto anumber of almost free website and get better results.From what I have heard a new director on the Board this year was going to fix it. It has not been fixed. Was he not capable  of doing so or maybe has he another motive?  Is he one Darren says in his white paper spoken to? Will we see a miraculous change if NT group gets elected?

Also agree CCF need a shake up. However do not agree this need s a complete new broom. Competitions is working well. Finances looks like getting us out of the well.Marketting promises at last AGM do not seem to have delivered. Current Dir of Properties has given us a new GCC approved canteen at reportedly great expense to himself. Judiciary need a shake up. Why do not need a Director of Reps? Also no criticism of incumbent why do we need Dir of Womens Soccer wneh everything coming under them comes under competitions? Dir of Regisrations has done well working with clubs. Dir of Coaching was going to produce better web site?

Have noted "Luvsoccer's" comments.
I have been around CC football for more years than I would really like to admit. I saw what happened in 98/99 when a group ran meetings like Darren Sprod. These also gave disparaging comments about the then current administration. Most was innuendo and misinformation distorting the facts. Those who were around before the 99 AGM and after saw the effects when they gained power. Suddenly we were all paying a lot more to get a lot less. Draws went into chaos. The Board spent money and then recouped same by imposing imposts upon clubs. All of a sudden we were faced with paying twice as much to play but getting no more for it. This then progressed into the GM years when we ended up in debt to the tune of $1M.
I can see Luvsoccer's concern.
1) Darren Sprod has said Luvsoccer has a high level version of his white paper. I have also seen a copy of a DS white paper but as Darren has not had the courtesy to reply to Luvsoccer's requested for him to publish the current version I do not know what version I am looking at. Question....Do they chgne day by day as remarks, either complimrntay or drogatory cme in?
2) I believe that if Darren is true to his word that he intends to be open and honest he would publish his intentions fully on the web in one way or another where they are available to all and not to the few who attend the odd meeting. Unfortunately  in 98/99 the multitude was not informed. Seems by Darren reluctance to put it out to the 14,000 players and their families but to only the few dozen who are willing to attend his apparently clandestine meetings indicates history may be repeating itself. When I say clandestine I would ask where has he advertised same and to which has invited same. Has he invited current directors and staff to same to argue his claims? ..
3) Darren, I notice you state that your paper is not a personal attack on any director. You do however attack staff.  I do not disagree that too much office time is spent in one direction and that lens too much to representatives and high performance. Let the user pay in these areas I say. My parents had to when I was a kid and I had to for my kids. Most likely will have to for the grandkids as well.
Your various criticisms of the competitions however stick in my craw. This season has been one of the worst for weather in years. In fact it would be over a decade since we had close to worse year weather wise. I have numerous relations who play at various levels from Mini to seniors. If it had not been for the tireless dedication of the CCF Draw Administrator they would have not got as many games as they did. A couple lost three games, they did not mind as they are G35, another few lost only one or two in the end, and they are over the moon. One other played in a 9 team com. They would have only played 12 games all season under you ideas but due to his efforts they got 14 of their 16 games played games.  In fact if he had not been willing to put in many hours Friday nights and all day Saturday, which your system does not provide for,  many other of my family would have missed many more games. They would not have got these games under your system of a 9-5 competitions staff, no matter how many you had.
You complain draws got later and later with more and more errors. I know my family did not worry when draws issued as long as they got to play. Do not know about the more and more errors you complain about. I know we got the odd time change and less occasionally venue change. Maybe you describe these as errors. If so the majority consensus is that you should do a further survey. Most players considered these as a necessary evil considering  the problems resulting from this seasons adverse weather.

Could go on with a lot of history but until you Darren Sprod live up to your word to be fully open I would be speaking into space.

truesoccer

Sorry seem to have mucked my post up. Not enough time to get to this site and then too emotional when  I see people slanging others in a manner I see as wrongly.

Only the words "has to afraid" of the above post are a quote.
The balance of the post from the paragtaph commencing "I agree" is my comment.
Sorry for any confusion.

Ted

If you edit the post, highlight your reply in the post and drag it to the very bottom after the last [ /quote], all will be fixed mate.

girljean

I am very upset with what I see as Mr Sprods cowardly attack in his white paper on Kevin and the draws. Mr Sprod it is easy to make unsubstantiated attacks. Mr Sprod where are your facts to substantiate such allegations.
This year I have had the time to assist our clubs fixtures officer. Right from the start the season has been under attack by the elements. Kevin has done an unbelievable job getting as many games played as possible. My appraisal of Kevins efforts will be backed up by all fixtures officers. It was a very difficult job for Kevin to fit the games in. Thus we all acknowledged the necessity to put draws out week to week. As regards your accusations of more and more errors I am sure you would not make any errors if you had to squeeze so many games in. There again maybe you would not worry about playing same. It would seem you only want to play whatever games came within your original computerised draw. Question to Mr SprodWhat experience have you had in doing fixtures and draws, as you show no sensible ideas in that regard? 
We have had at least 7 weekends seriously affected by rain. Not only did these affect normal draws but also many make up games. Kevin overcame these problems by being willing to work apparently 24/7 to overcome these problems. As a result most of our teams played most of their games. Under Mr Sprods scheme they would lose many more. I am sorry if this seems a personal attack on Mr Sprod but as a club volunteer and a mother of players I can see them only losing out if he and his crew get charge of CCF.

OJ

being the fixtures officer is a very very difficult job.. And yes this year was very trying for thest person responsible for this.. However is it possible that all who have been attacking mr sprod stop and think before they do so.. What he is doing is not personal, i know from speaking with a couple of directors that they themselves have had enough all their job's are difficult but if your going to attack darren put your name to the attack or send a pm. . His name is out there! There has to be some changes and the ccf in its current state does not seem willing to make them oh and by the way i have spoken to mr gibbs a number of times this year and thanked him for his great work.. Commended him on the adversity he has over come, but that does not mean that the job could not be done better! Maybe with a greater level of communication it could be..

darrensprod

girljean said:
I am very upset with what I see as Mr Sprods cowardly attack in his white paper on Kevin and the draws. Mr Sprod it is easy to make unsubstantiated attacks. Mr Sprod where are your facts to substantiate such allegations.
This year I have had the time to assist our clubs fixtures officer. Right from the start the season has been under attack by the elements. Kevin has done an unbelievable job getting as many games played as possible. My appraisal of Kevins efforts will be backed up by all fixtures officers. It was a very difficult job for Kevin to fit the games in. Thus we all acknowledged the necessity to put draws out week to week. As regards your accusations of more and more errors I am sure you would not make any errors if you had to squeeze so many games in. There again maybe you would not worry about playing same. It would seem you only want to play whatever games came within your original computerised draw. Question to Mr SprodWhat experience have you had in doing fixtures and draws, as you show no sensible ideas in that regard? 
We have had at least 7 weekends seriously affected by rain. Not only did these affect normal draws but also many make up games. Kevin overcame these problems by being willing to work apparently 24/7 to overcome these problems. As a result most of our teams played most of their games. Under Mr Sprods scheme they would lose many more. I am sorry if this seems a personal attack on Mr Sprod but as a club volunteer and a mother of players I can see them only losing out if he and his crew get charge of CCF.

Sorry I couldnt let this one go without a reply.  I have in no way attacked Kevin or anyone else.  In fact I have known Kevin for 20 years and I know he has a huge amount of passion for football on the Central Coast and I respect that. 

In my presentation I have given to the club's I have said that as we have grown our processes have not.  In other words the Job has outgrown one person.  We now have a 14000 player competition that cannot be managed by 1 part time individual running it from his house. I would hate to be in Kevins shoes.  It needs to be managed fulltime by the staff in the office.  We need professional, fulltime competition management.  This is no reflection on Kevin.

It is my view that we cannot continue to operate the way we have and we need to constantly be looking for new and better ways to operate.  Any good organisation will review its policies, plan and processes and adapt to a growing environment. 

Regards
Darren Sprod

marinermick

girljean said:
I am very upset with what I see as Mr Sprod’s cowardly attack in his white paper on Kevin and the draws. Mr Sprod it is easy to make unsubstantiated attacks. Mr Sprod where are your facts to substantiate such allegations.
This year I have had the time to assist our club’s fixtures officer. Right from the start the season has been under attack by the elements. Kevin has done an unbelievable job getting as many games played as possible. My appraisal of Kevin’s efforts will be backed up by all fixtures officers. It was a very difficult job for Kevin to fit the games in. Thus we all acknowledged the necessity to put draws out week to week. As regards your accusations of more and more errors I am sure you would not make any errors if you had to squeeze so many games in. There again maybe you would not worry about playing same. It would seem you only want to play whatever games came within your original computerised draw. Question to Mr Sprod…What experience have you had in doing fixtures and draws, as you show no sensible ideas in that regard? 
We have had at least 7 weekends seriously affected by rain. Not only did these affect normal draws but also many make up games. Kevin overcame these problems by being willing to work apparently 24/7 to overcome these problems. As a result most of our teams played most of their games. Under Mr Sprod’s scheme they would lose many more. I am sorry if this seems a personal attack on Mr Sprod but as a club volunteer and a mother of players I can see them only losing out if he and his crew get charge of CCF.

Can you explain why you are posting under the same IP address as truesoccer? Is it another family member or are you using a multi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred