• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Darren Sprod's NT group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hee hee - come on "true soccer/girljean", or whoever you are - I think you've given us enough laughs. :vhappy:
The one thing lot of others have specifically said about Darren Sprod in this thread, is at least he's being open & honest, even if he hasn't answered all your questions specifically.
You've proven your level of openess & honesty now, so if you want to question a person's integrity & motives, at least make sure your own are in good order.
Take the plank of wood out of your own eye before you worry about the splinter in someone else's. :naughty:

FFC Mariner

goingtoadisco said:
Went to pluim yesterday to watch my mate in the reserve grade finals. f**k that place is a dump !

Wow, they must have done it up for the finals then. I went to see Lightnings last home game and it looked like a pitch more usually found in Kabul or somewhere.

Pluim is simply a disgrace to the game - regardless of who's fault it is.

Bear

i have no idea how they can play a fair gf on that main field. its just, terrible

even part_timer, from newcastle, plays on better fields

that makes me sad :(

OJ

Imagine Grand Final day at Blue Tongue... Then after MPL finished out come the Mariners!!

Could it happen with the current board?? 

Morgan30

has happened previously, played on bluetongue myself in a grand final

having said that with the way bluetongue has struggled with the pitch probably wouldnt be wise to play a shit load of local games on it

girljean

Quote..Can you explain why you are posting under the same IP address as truesoccer? Is it another family member or are you using a multi?

Sorry I am not a computer whiz. Do not know what you mean about IP adress. All I  can say is that I asked of a friend ages ago how to get on to this site. There were several of us at his place that night. He showed us all. If he is luvsoccer then i agree with him. Maybe you might find more of us on this IP address. Doubt if anyone knows whose each alias is are or as a consequence what each is posting.

Jean

OJ

girljean said:
Quote..Can you explain why you are posting under the same IP address as truesoccer? Is it another family member or are you using a multi?

Sorry I am not a computer whiz. Do not know what you mean about IP adress. All I  can say is that I asked of a friend ages ago how to get on to this site. There were several of us at his place that night. He showed us all. If he is luvsoccer then i agree with him. Maybe you might find more of us on this IP address. Doubt if anyone knows whose each alias is are or as a consequence what each is posting.

Jean

Each individual computer has an IP address!!!

dibo

that's not strictly true. an old employer of mine had one IP for every computer across a national network. some ISPs appear to have one fixed IP per connection, others have a range of randomly assigned 'floating' IPs.

i *do* find it unlikely that someone would show you a site they're posting on and that you wouldn't know what their alias was - and this:

girljean said:
Doubt if anyone knows whose each alias is are or as a consequence what each is posting.

strikes me as deadset bollocks.

just reinforces to me that if someone's floating around under a generic alias like 'luvsoccer' or 'truesoccer' then their opinion is worth bugger all. if someone is keen on playing local football politics and is not willing to put their name to their opinion then they're probably best ignored.

OJ - that probably goes for you too - if you're going to snipe at the board you should probably stick your head above the parapet and actually challenge them openly rather than take potshots essentially covered by anonymity.

Loki

Not exactly correct OJ, 3 computers in one household sharing one internet connection will all show the same ip address from the internet side of the modem.

priorpeter

Loki said:
Not exactly correct OJ, 3 computers in one household sharing one internet connection will all show the same ip address from the internet side of the modem.

True, you can have just 1 external facing IP. I still smell a multi though

OJ

dibo said:
that's not strictly true. an old employer of mine had one IP for every computer across a national network. some ISPs appear to have one fixed IP per connection, others have a range of randomly assigned 'floating' IPs.

i *do* find it unlikely that someone would show you a site they're posting on and that you wouldn't know what their alias was - and this:

girljean said:
Doubt if anyone knows whose each alias is are or as a consequence what each is posting.

strikes me as deadset bollocks.

just reinforces to me that if someone's floating around under a generic alias like 'luvsoccer' or 'truesoccer' then their opinion is worth bugger all. if someone is keen on playing local football politics and is not willing to put their name to their opinion then they're probably best ignored.

OJ - that probably goes for you too - if you're going to snipe at the board you should probably stick your head above the parapet and actually challenge them openly rather than take potshots essentially covered by anonymity.

When did I take "potshots"

dibo

OJ said:

have a look through your post history - your account is pretty much a single purpose post machine pinging criticism of CCF, ignoring all responses and explanations.

OJ

dibo said:
OJ said:

have a look through your post history - your account is pretty much a single purpose post machine pinging criticism of CCF, ignoring all responses and explanations.

That is because I have been closer than most to the workings of the CCF. Since about 1991. I have no agenda and my opinions are not "potshots". I could say the same about you stalking post's to defend the CCF!!
The game can be run alot better than how it cuurently is. The CCF needs a constitution and by-laws that follow the FFA and Football NSW. They are currently working with a hotch potch of regulations and by-laws that appear from my understanding to have been altered to suit the workings of a poorly run assocition. Here are two items that need to be looked at

G1 Matters Not Specifically Provided
For:
The Board of the Association is hereby
empowered to deal as it may think fit with,
Members or Associate Member, Club
Officials, Team Officials, or Players, in
respect of any offences and complaints and
other matters not otherwise specifically
provided for in these Regulations.

A3 ALTERATIONS TO THE REGULATIONS
a) The Board of the Association shall have the right to alter, repeal, add to, vary or modify all or any of these
regulations (in this regulation described as amendment)
b) Provided that a member of the Association may at a General Meeting of the Association move for the
amendment of any regulation upon notice having been given fourteen (14) days prior to such a general
meeting to the association secretary to enable all other members to be advised. Provided further that such
motion shall not be deemed carried unless supported by at lease three quarters () (75%) of the votes of the
members present and voting at the General Meeting
c) The amendment of any regulation pursuant to Regulation A3 (a) shall not affect:
(i) Any right accrued or obligation incurred (including without limiting the generality thereof) and any decision
of the board or the judiciary committee or appeal board or any other subcommittees of the association
before the amendment of the regulation so altered; or
(ii) The validity or invalidity of any operation, effect or consequence to anything done so suffered before the
amendment of the regulation so altered; or
(iii) Any action, proceeding, appeal or thing then pending or incomplete, every such action,
proceeding, appeal or thing may be carried out and completed as if the regulations had not been
amended.

hasbeen

OJ said:
dibo said:
OJ said:

That is because I have been closer than most to the workings of the CCF. Since about 1991. I have no agenda and my opinions are not "potshots". I could say the same about you stalking post's to defend the CCF!!
The game can be run alot better than how it cuurently is. The CCF needs a constitution and by-laws that follow the FFA and Football NSW. They are currently working with a hotch potch of regulations and by-laws that appear from my understanding to have been altered to suit the workings of a poorly run assocition. Here are two items that need to be looked at

G1 Matters Not Specifically Provided
For:
The Board of the Association is hereby
empowered to deal as it may think fit with,
Members or Associate Member, Club
Officials, Team Officials, or Players, in
respect of any offences and complaints and
other matters not otherwise specifically
provided for in these Regulations.

A3 ALTERATIONS TO THE REGULATIONS
a) The Board of the Association shall have the right to alter, repeal, add to, vary or modify all or any of these
regulations (in this regulation described as ‘amendment’)
b) Provided that a member of the Association may at a General Meeting of the Association move for the
amendment of any regulation upon notice having been given fourteen (14) days prior to such a general
meeting to the association secretary to enable all other members to be advised. Provided further that such
motion shall not be deemed carried unless supported by at lease three quarters () (75%) of the votes of the
members present and voting at the General Meeting
c) The amendment of any regulation pursuant to Regulation A3 (a) shall not affect:
(i) Any right accrued or obligation incurred (including without limiting the generality thereof) and any decision
of the board or the judiciary committee or appeal board or any other subcommittees of the association
before the amendment of the regulation so altered; or
(ii) The validity or invalidity of any operation, effect or consequence to anything done so suffered before the
amendment of the regulation so altered; or
(iii) Any action, proceeding, appeal or thing then pending or incomplete, every such action,
proceeding, appeal or thing may be carried out and completed as if the regulations had not been
amended.

+1.
And the CCF have used the aforementioned 'Rules' at every opportunity to backdoor any change the Comps Director sees fit. The 'Player of the Match' on the weekly team sheets used to be collated by the office staff at the CCF. This year it was decided the Fixtures Officer should do it when sending in the home results each Sat. & Sun. No discussion / meeting to see if the fixtures officers were happy with this arrangement, just foisted on them with the big stick approach all too common in the CCF. And OJ is correct about you Dibo, you are an apologist for the CCF, regardless of the issue. I've never seen a straight response to a question yet. Want to address that? Try this one;

Q: Do you think it was in the best interests of the member clubs (22 of them) for the CCF to use its website to advertise its six-a-side comp rather than keep people informed of their own finals series?

Bear

not at all

its just, unlike you and your kind, i have no problem with ccf (other than to many games washed off, but ccf dont control mother nature)

and also unlike you and your kind, if i had such a major problem with something (which you clearly do) id do something about it, rather than bitch and complain on an internet forum

an internet.......... forum..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member