• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

danny unlikely for olympics after fifa overturned decision

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
clarence said:
Live with the decision and everybody get on with their lives I reckon. Enough is enough and it's been appealed to the highest authority so the ban stands. The club should be congratulated for standing by Danny and helping him with the legal assistance and moral support.

and for exposing the weak and unfair tribunal rules of the FFA

this appealing has paved th way for a more just system in the future
If every player just keeps his hands off the ref no one will need to worry about the system.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
clarence said:
Live with the decision and everybody get on with their lives I reckon. Enough is enough and it's been appealed to the highest authority so the ban stands. The club should be congratulated for standing by Danny and helping him with the legal assistance and moral support.

If every player just keeps his hands off the ref no one will need to worry about the system.

if the referees were not so incompotent there would be no need to worry about players keeping their hands off referees

two sides to every story

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
clarence said:

if the referees were not so incompotent there would be no need to worry about players keeping their hands off referees

two sides to every story
You'll get no argument from me regarding incompetent refs but it's not an excuse to hit,push,shove or whack his arm.I know what Danny did was f**k all really but he knows,we know and every other c**t knows you can't do it.When I played I had plenty crap refs as I'm sure you did as well......I never touched a ref and I wouldn't mind betting you didn't either.

MrCelery

Arabmariner said:
When I played I had plenty crap refs as I'm sure you did as well......I never touched a ref and I wouldn't mind betting you didn't either.

That's a very good point. However, I suspect that the pressures of our Sunday lower league kick-about matches are a tad less than a Grand Final sell-out match with careers hinging on a good result!

That's no excuse, but we're not in a good position to judge.

I also think that the players in the premier Aussie comptetition deserve better than some of the crap served up by the likes of Breeze and Shield. If these two are the best we have I shudder.

Arabmariner

MrCelery said:
Arabmariner said:
When I played I had plenty crap refs as I'm sure you did as well......I never touched a ref and I wouldn't mind betting you didn't either.

That's a very good point. However, I suspect that the pressures of our Sunday lower league kick-about matches are a tad less than a Grand Final sell-out match with careers hinging on a good result!

That's no excuse, but we're not in a good position to judge.

I also think that the players in the premier Aussie comptetition deserve better than some of the crap served up by the likes of Breeze and Shield. If these two are the best we have I shudder.
Heeeeey who says there was no pressure in 3rd grade Sunday morning games 12 or 13 years ago!! :naughty:
Seriously though you are right about Breeze and Shields......don't know where we are going to find any better refs though unless we import them.

pjennings

MrCelery said:
Arabmariner said:

Casillas - the Spanish keeper and captain got a yellow for pushing the ref in the Euro final. ???

Arabmariner

pjennings said:
MrCelery said:
Arabmariner said:

Casillas - the Spanish keeper and captain got a yellow for pushing the ref in the Euro final. ???
I must have missed that....was it near the end?

pjennings

Somewhere around 60-70 minutes. The Germans were starting to get stoppy because they were behind. Casillas complained about a tackle. It went on for about a minute - the push on the ref being early on. The German got a yellow for the tackle and the ref made a pushing gesture before he gave the yellow to Casillas.   

JamesH

Pretty tough decision this one. It was the lightest of slaps... but I guess the fact that he ran away from the ref after he did it shows that he knew he had done something pretty wrong.

dibo

JamesH said:
Pretty tough decision this one. It was the lightest of slaps... but I guess the fact that he ran away from the ref after he did it shows that he knew he had done something pretty wrong.

he raised his hand to an official. no matter whether mild or hard contact, raising your hand to an official is a huge no-no. he's (and we are) *very* lucky to be missing only 5 HAL matches.

bikinigirl

dibo said:
JamesH said:

he raised his hand to an official. no matter whether mild or hard contact, raising your hand to an official is a huge no-no. he's (and we are) *very* lucky to be missing only 5 HAL matches.

. which is effectively his ban, 5 matches - in the scheme of things that is pretty light

. if it was not (in all likelihood) the only chance danny had of playing at the olympics, i doubt there would have been all this fuss

mariners4ever

bikinigirl said:
dibo said:
JamesH said:

. which is effectively his ban, 5 matches - in the scheme of things that is pretty light

. if it was not (in all likelihood) the only chance danny had of playing at the olympics, i doubt there would have been all this fuss

yes but what about all the trauma and grief that danny has battled, think long term

dibo

mariners4ever said:
bikinigirl said:
dibo said:
JamesH said:

yes but what about all the trauma and grief that danny has battled, think long term

rules and punishments don't change on the basis of someone being upset that they miss the olympics. we might wish they could be (in this case), but they're not.

FFC Mariner

If this wasnt an Olympics year, we would probably be slightly less upset for him (der) and not complaining about a 5 match ban.

The rules are very clear, unless you play for SFC or the Scum, you must not lift a hand to an official.

Jules

Don't forget - he was also fined $10,000 (which was reportedly about one one sixth of his salary). At any rate, it's a substantial amount on top of the ban.

We all know he did the wrong thing. It's just the severity of the sentence was completely out of line with similar offences in overseas leagues...but I'll shut up about it now.  :(

If there's anything good to come out of this, it was the way the fans and especially the club supported Vukes. I don't think all clubs would have gone this far - makes me proud to be a member... :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred