• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Daily Telegraph anti-football

UnitedsNo9

HAHAHA thats gotta go on the playlist... Good to see people sticking up for their friends.
Channel 7 'the bible of truth' ...... Just amazing

p.s what a twat :tv:

Marquee

Here we go.....

http://download240.mediafire.com/feu4b9qgyzjg/zzn2jdujukj/Sunday+Telegraph+Editor+Neil+Breen+on+2GB.mp3

Ben

Marquee said:
Here we go.....

http://download240.mediafire.com/feu4b9qgyzjg/zzn2jdujukj/Sunday+Telegraph+Editor+Neil+Breen+on+2GB.mp3
lol thats hilarious, go alan bond. Great to hear someone taking it to the stupid terrorgraph. Also cool that alan says timmy cahill lol

midfielder

Accordingly to Alan Jones on the audio Timmy will sue the Terror .... I am wondering given it was the weekend if the accountant was called... Timmy if his imagine is damaged could sue for millions.. it could be a very very very expensive article...

marinersman

I've got no problem with reporting on Footballers if they behave badly in public with anti-social behavior but this is a ridiculous attempt to bring Footballers to the same level as the knuckle draggers social behavior.

It's obvious to all that the Telegraph have mounted a campaign in the last week to amp up it's hate on Football. Funny how it has coincided with the WC qualfier the other day and the WC launch.

I long for the day that we don't have to put up with the outright bigotry, hatred and discrimination we've been subjected to for years. The sad thing is they are able to print this absolute rubbish and get away with it.

To my utter disbelief, the popular view on these forums has been to rubbish SBS when they have done more to champion our beautiful game more than any other medium in Australia for more than twenty years. They have promoted our game when nobody cared and continue to do so.

The past week reminded me of an article Les Mrray wrote in November 2005 not long after Johnny Warren's death with reference to a News Ltd journalist. The more thigs change...

Last week, just four days after Johnny?s death, Ray Chesterton wrote in the Sydney Daily Telegraph: ?Soccer?s failure is cultural. It wants to impose world thinking on Australia without acknowledging this is a unique country with established sporting traditions. Soccer in Australia should be called abandon all hope.?

Chesterton wrote this because he knows he?s one of the last of a dying breed, a lame dinosaur threshing about in desperation to reverse the inevitable. Thankfully there are not many of him left.

Johnny Warren is dead and Ray Chesterton is very much alive. But it is to Johnny that the future belongs.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/lesmurray/farewell-my-general-51794

serious14

I've no issue with SBS promoting football at all, they do a fine job - it's just the manner in which they go about particular things (i.e.  their general bitterness towards the A-League and the Socceroos, which only kicked in AFTER they lost the rights to broadcast 'Roos games) that irks many on here.

However, I love this quote from that article you linked to:

"...the game was a source of awakening. 'It awakened the world citizen inside me,' he says, at a time when Australia, much more than now, was an isolated pimple on the globe, content to subsist on its own eco-system of ignorance and suburban mediocrity."

Having been taken to some backward (Brisbane), random (Chula University, Bangkok) psychotic (Rome), welcoming (Japan), and truly bizarre (Beijing and Tianjin) places by my love of football, I can say that that quote is nothing but 200% truth. And that is something Limited News and the likes of Chesterton, Rothfield et. al. will never understand.  Quite frankly, it's their loss.

Honkee

midfielder said:
He is the 2GB web page the audio can be heard on ... anyone know how to copy this so it does not get lost over time. Look for the Socceroo picture

http://2gb.com.au/index.php?option=com_moremultimedia&task=showaudios&Itemid=330

Personaly, I think Jones is a weasel,but damn that was good

MrCelery

marinersman said:
I've got no problem with reporting on Footballers if they behave badly in public with anti-social behavior but this is a ridiculous attempt to bring Footballers to the same level as the knuckle draggers social behavior.

It's obvious to all that the Telegraph have mounted a campaign in the last week to amp up it's hate on Football. Funny how it has coincided with the WC qualfier the other day and the WC launch.

I long for the day that we don't have to put up with the outright bigotry, hatred and discrimination we've been subjected to for years. The sad thing is they are able to print this absolute rubbish and get away with it.

To my utter disbelief, the popular view on these forums has been to rubbish SBS when they have done more to champion our beautiful game more than any other medium in Australia for more than twenty years. They have promoted our game when nobody cared and continue to do so.

The past week reminded me of an article Les Mrray wrote in November 2005 not long after Johnny Warren's death with reference to a News Ltd journalist. The more thigs change...

Last week, just four days after Johnny?s death, Ray Chesterton wrote in the Sydney Daily Telegraph: ?Soccer?s failure is cultural. It wants to impose world thinking on Australia without acknowledging this is a unique country with established sporting traditions. Soccer in Australia should be called abandon all hope.?

Chesterton wrote this because he knows he?s one of the last of a dying breed, a lame dinosaur threshing about in desperation to reverse the inevitable. Thankfully there are not many of him left.

Johnny Warren is dead and Ray Chesterton is very much alive. But it is to Johnny that the future belongs.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blogs/lesmurray/farewell-my-general-51794
:goodpost:

Chesterton is a total c**t, but thankfully a known dinosaur.

MrCelery

Honkee said:
midfielder said:
He is the 2GB web page the audio can be heard on ... anyone know how to copy this so it does not get lost over time. Look for the Socceroo picture

http://2gb.com.au/index.php?option=com_moremultimedia&task=showaudios&Itemid=330

Personaly, I think Jones is a weasel,but damn that was good

Agreed. While I reckon he's done a good job here, it is indeed a little bit 'pot-kettle-black'!

clarence

FFC Mariner said:
Much as I dislike Jones, he was outstanding here. Nailed that prick from the Sunday Tele.

Love it

+1.

I hope Cahill gets told by his legal people that he has a good case and sues the involved journos and Breen into bankruptcy. Seems a very shoddy bit of work rushing the story to the headlines by the looks of it all.

midfielder

Needs a paragraph ... stick it up the Terror

I love to have a beer with Timmy
I Love to have a beer with Tim

Needs some inspiration for the rest..

Slim Dusty / I Love To Have A Beer With Duncan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxTuUzgxzI

I love to have a beer with Duncan
I love to have a beer with Dunc
We drink in moderation
And we never ever ever get rolling drunk
We drink at The Town & Country
Where the atmosphere is great
I love to ave a beer with Duncan

Cos Duncans me mate
I love to have a beer with Collin
I love to have a beer with Col
We drink in moderation
And it wouldnt really matter if he brings his doll
We drink at the Town & Country
I love to ave a beer with Collin
Cos Collins me mate

I love to have a beer with Kevin
I love to have a beer with Kev
We drink in moderation
And he drives me home in his big ol Chev
I love to ave a beer with Kevin
Cos Kevins me mate

I love to have a beer with Patrick
I love to have a beer with Pat
We drink in moderation
And it really wouldnt matter if the beer was flat
I love to ave a beer with Patrick
Cos Patricks me mate

I love to have a beer with Robert
I love to have a beer with Bob
We drink in moderation
Just one more and back on the job
I love to ave a beer with Robert
Cos Roberts me mate

clarence

marinermick said:
I will be on ABC radio statewide talking about this in five minutes. 92.5 locally

Any audio link for this, for those who had to work? Couldn't see it on the ABC website (although it has a lot of links etc. so maybe it's there?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred