• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Daily Telegraph anti-football

MrCelery

There seems to be a concerted effort by this pro-Thuggery League rag to put the boot into football lately, even more than usual, that is.

The timing seems to co-incide with our World Cup success. Either they're running scared, or looking to dig dirt on our sport because they know that the AFL and NRL off-field antics is a good way to sell papers. I hope sensible football fans are smart enough to boycott this sad drivel.

Here is the latest spray:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25632099-5001021,00.html

I note that at time of writing there is no sign of this story in the more reputable papers, which suggests it is a major 'beat-up'.

Eternal Optimist

Yep, noticed that also. Anything for a headline, The Terrorgraph Leagueies are getting desperate ... bit of a non-event for me.

tuftman

Ohh no, a player goes out and enjoys himself and celebrates what is a MASSIVE achievement in Australian sport, and all the sudden he's on a drunken wild bender. Anyone wanna have a stab at what the next NRL scandal will be?

FFC Mariner

I suspect that we have 2 things converging here

1) Its open season on all sportsmen in Sydney

2) Ruperts rags can tell the NRL that it isnt a vendetta against just them.

If you make a story out of a young, successful, wealthy young man who goes to a club until closing time and doesnt hurt anyone or do anything anti social, you know you have a shit paper.

dibo

I'm deeply, deeply unconcerned.

There's no smell of fear more repellant than our own. They're looking to get a rise out of us and play to those who don't like us anyway. When people think of Tim Cahill they're not going to be thinking about whether he's been invited to leave a bar (as many of the rest of us have been), they're going to think about him scoring at the World Cup (as none of us have). That's what will stick in the mind, not non-stories like this.

Sean

I just love how much this article and paper has absolutely nothing yet they still persist with this rubbish.

"He then got outside where it was about 10 of them, including other players and about five security," the source said.
"They were fired up and looked like they wanted to go on with it, but then they jumped in a car and got out of there."

"Kings Cross police confirmed to The Sunday Telegraph that they attended an incident at the club and investigators were reviewing Trademark's CCTV footage. But police said there was no official investigation."

"The FFA contacted members of the Socceroos squad yesterday after it was told of the allegations but said there was nothing to look into."

"We're not aware of any such incident taking place. Based on our inquiries there's nothing to look into."

FFC Mariner

Ought we be pleased that the social lives of footballers is now considered newsworthy (if thats a word that can be applied to the Murdoch press)?

FFC Mariner

Unless you shag Paris Hilton of course, I would expect to do a bit better than that old skank if I had Ronaldo's money

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2479913/Cristiano-Ronaldo-returned-for-some-extra-time-with-Paris-Hilton.html

Bex

Yeh Jesus, they just said that on The World Game too. Got asked to leave because bar was closing; massive news LOLZ

scottmac

Suspended
I do not understand why these people are so anti football. Its not hard to see they are tied to a dying sport why not hedge your bets and try and make new friends?

midfielder

This is kinda outta of left field a bit.... so before I start I don't agree with the terror and feel hostile towards the Terror... But there could be a little more to it....

There have been a number of articles which started on the day of the WCQ last week, on Thursday that trash of an article about soccer a throw back to the worst of the bad old days...then Paris now Timmy...

If you go back a bit in history and study the Terror, they had a massive attack on the ARL during the Super league war... in fact anything where the Terror feels in some way robbed or their business is threaten they attack..

The first article said that Pim placed a media ban on the Socceroos... even denying a photoshoot ( a no brainer IMO) with 48/ hours advance notice.. My guess is News via the Terror had a big sale day planned and at the last minute where denied access to players / coaches etc..

Now this is just after we qualified and had the full squad in Australia since 2005, and in the Terror's own backyard... They wanted to make heroes out of the team sell heaps of papers and make money...

Also in the lead up to the match ... I have no idea what the smh offered FFA but the adds for the WCQ in the SMH were much bigger than in the Terror 

So FFA take out bigger adds in smh than the Terror ... Terror denied access to players even Lucas Neil , Tim Cahill & Chippers who where know not to be playing and all local boys...

The FFA want the media to support Football ...my reading of the tea leafs is maybe the Terror is ...SCREAMING  at FFA ... you want our support then give us access to your players and whatever you spend at smh you spend at the Terros... otherwise we set the dogs off the leash. ..

tuftman

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25635997-5006068,00.html

Is it just me, or are they getting deperate now?

The last paragraph sums the whole thing up nicely though

"Let me just say, we've had no complaint from the venue management, we've had no complaint from any individual and no complaint from the police."

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
tuftman said:

"Let me just say, we've had no complaint from the venue management, we've had no complaint from any individual and no complaint from the police."

Whoever wrote the article didn't have the guts to put their name on it.

tuftman

Jazzie said:
tuftman said:

Would you put your name to that?

Ben

tuftman said:
Jazzie said:
tuftman said:

I wouldn't put my name to the paper

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
tuftman said:
Jazzie said:
tuftman said:

H*ll, no.  Probably some bored sub-ed with nothing better to do than stir the pot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred