• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Crowds

midfielder

Opening round
MV … 40, 357
Roar.. 13, 467
Jets .. 12, 467
Perth .. 9, 452
GC … 4, 113
Total … 79, 856
Average … 15, 971

Compared to other opening rounds

Hal 1.. 70, 343 average 17, 586 … 4 games
Hal 2 .. 62, 965 average 15, 741 … 4 games
Hal 3.. 58, 214 average 14, 553 …. 4 games
Hal 4.. 53, 332 average 13, 333 …. 4 games
Hal 5.. 68, 156 average 13, 613 … 5 games
Hal 6.. 54, 047 average 10, 804 …. 5 games

adz

Staff member
I don't want to be a downer, but 80,000 across 5 games isn't something to get too excited about. 50% increase on round 1 last season so that's good, but still way off the mark IMO.

finally retired

I don't want to be a downer, but 80,000 across 5 games isn't something to get too excited about. 50% increase on round 1 last season so that's good, but still way off the mark IMO.

agree with Adz here......especially as last season we were competing against the other codes for round 1, and this season we waited until after finals for NRL and AFL before starting.

Muppet

It's a start. The worrying aspect is that a club like Brisbane who are playing arguably the most attractive football seen in this country are struggling for members.

I would not say that the first round was anything to get too excited about in terms of flair and advertisement for the game given the low scoring. I am sure that will change soon enough.

I think overall the numbers will generally be up across the board come the end of the year. There can be no doubting that Emerton and Kewell are going to get the turnstiles swinging when they visit during away games. I am also starting to see some really good signs coming out of the FFA in terms of their marketing and hype (about time).

The fantasy league which they have set up on the A League website is a cracker along the same vein as the NRL fantasy league. If you have not seen it take a look.

Overall the quality of players that have been recruited by the clubs in the off season is fantastic. When you consider we have four Socceroos, McKain and Vidosic now playing in the league along with excitement machines like Fred and Mehmet on board I think it bodes well.

Dare I say it to keep the numbers up Sydney needs to be competitive this season.

kevrenor

I hate this the new FFA web page for quite a few things but esp. for results of the games - while it gives you some nice extra info you've got to hunt through three pages to find scorers, and there is no crowd figure shown. Where did you get the crowd figures?

adz

Staff member
They are hidden away in the match reports. e.g. http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/matchcentre/Perth-Glory-FC-v-Adelaide-United-FC-Hyundai-A-League/2091

Crowd: 9,452 @ nib Stadium

Not sure how accurate the stats are either. Some of them don't seem to add up.
I don't see the point if they are just going to have random numbers in there.

midfielder

These are the Fox ratings for the week ending last Saturday, the Melb vs Sydney game received perhaps the highest ratings in the history of the A-League, for a club match:

1 LIVE: RWC: QF#2 ENG V FRA FOX SPORTS 3 Sat 18:25 – 352
2 LIVE: RWC: QF#1 IRE V WAL FOX SPORTS 3 Sat 15:55 – 265
3 LIVE: RWC CENTRE FOX SPORTS 3 Sat 18:00 – 168
4 LIVE: FOOTBALL: A‐LEAGUE MELB V V SYD FC FOX SPORTS 1 Sat 18:30 – 153
5 LIVE: RWC: IRELAND V ITALY FOX SPORTS 3 Sun 18:25 – 152
6 LIVE: FOOTBALL: INTERNATIONAL: AUS V MAL FOX SPORTS 2 Fri 20:00 – 122
7 LIVE: RWC: NEW ZEALAND V CANADA FOX SPORTS 3 Sun 13:25 – 121
8 LIVE: AFL: ON THE COUCH FOX SPORTS 1 Mon 20:30 – 103
9 LIVE: RWC: WALES V FJI FOX SPORTS 3 Sun 15:55 – 94
10 LIVE: FOOTBALL: INTERNATIONAL: POST GAME FOX SPORTS 2 Fri 22:00 – 88

dibo

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves - the AFL 'On The Couch' program (journos sitting around having a conversation about Aussie rules) rated in the top 10. This is *after* the Grand Final! And it was two Victorian teams, so there'd be fewer interstate people than normal interested - the last interstate team was knocked out a week and a bit before that. The game was done and dusted and everyone saw what happened, the people most interested would have been Geelong fans (and there aren't *that* many Geelong fans, at least by AFL standards).

*That* rated higher than a Socceroos game. Friendly or no - more people watched people talking on the couch about a season that was over than a game that was being played live.

midfielder

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves - the AFL 'On The Couch' program (journos sitting around having a conversation about Aussie rules) rated in the top 10. This is *after* the Grand Final! And it was two Victorian teams, so there'd be fewer interstate people than normal interested - the last interstate team was knocked out a week and a bit before that. The game was done and dusted and everyone saw what happened, the people most interested would have been Geelong fans (and there aren't *that* many Geelong fans, at least by AFL standards).

*That* rated higher than a Socceroos game. Friendly or no - more people watched people talking on the couch about a season that was over than a game that was being played live.

Correct... but its simply putting up the facts.... that AFL & NRL are light years in front of Football is no real surprise .. that we have increased our rating as far as what we did is ...

This is the link for all TV ratings ... my link opens on pay TV screen but you can look at FTA as well http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/10/pay-tv-ratings-week-41.html

Jesus

Jesus
mariners got about 85k, cant be bothered looking at my post on sufc forum, newy match got 65k.

But both those matches were higher than most games most weeks last season.
mel v syd highest a-league game ratings in history.

Not a bad stat to the league IMHO

Muppet

Correct... but its simply putting up the facts.... that AFL & NRL are light years in front of Football is no real surprise .. that we have increased our rating as far as what we did is ...

I think there are some who would prefer to take the glass half empty approach. Me. I look at those figures and say "Geez imagine if the RWC was not on". Then the figures look a fair bit better IMO.

Jerem

slow growth is better than none,
good things take time, Great things take, well who knows!!!

timmers

I think the first 3 games have given me more hope for this season's crowds than last weekend did. Seeing us get 10,000 and Adelaide & Sydney getting 15,000 each has given me some confidence.

Fingers crossed those fans keep coming back!

midfielder

Average after two rounds .. 13, 562 …
Hal 1 to 6 season average 11, 490
Hal 6 season average 8, 393

Round 2
AU …. 14, 753 … Hal 1 to 6 average 11, 632 … Hal 6 average .. 11, 551
CCM …. 10, 374 … Hal 1 to 6 average 9, 346… Hal 6 average .. 7, 713
SFC … 15, 789 … Hal 1 to 6 average 13, 510 … Hal 6 average .. 7, 656
Nix …. 7, 623 … Hal 1 to 6 average 8, 956 … Hal 6 average .. 7, 981
Heart …. 7, 229 … Hal 1 to 6 average 8, 312 … Hal 6 average .. 8, 312
Total … 55, 768
Average .. 11, 154

Round 1
Opening round
MV … 40, 357 … Hal 1 to 6 average 21 409 … Hal 6 average .. 25, 123
Roar.. 13, 467 … Hal 1 to 6 average … 13, 89 .. Hal 6 average .. 9, 279
Jets .. 12, 467 … Hal 1 to 6 average … 9, 681 .. Hal 6 average .. 8, 249
Perth .. 9, 452 … Hal 1 to 6 average … 8, 439 .. Hal 6 average .. 8, 488
GC … 4, 113 … Hal 1 to 6 average … 5, 484 .. Hal 6 average .. 3, 434

Total … 79, 856

Average … 15, 971

Note Nix figure only includes Wellington

Forum Phoenix

Great crowd vs sub standard performance was my greatest disappointment. I'm sure the Mariners must be feeling a bit the same way.

I'm going to be VERY interested to see how many fans come back to our next home game.
Another Saturday, 5:30pm fixture, with no away fans and no Kewell, Emerton or other draw factor...
All but the same fixture. The only major difference being the first home game of the season excitement.

I think our next crowd will tell us a bit about our supporter base.

Next crowd guess is 7k. I want to be wrong. But with no first game buzz, and a dour first home game. you would think a few of those people will now be in no rush to get back sadly. If they do, we have to lift our game.
Glory are looking the best they have been since the inception of the HAL.

That said, in strictly a crowd sense, we don't necessarily even have to win I think, but we must play at a higher intensity and a more exciting brand of football if we are hoping for more regular larger crowds.

Wish we had a crowd like that to most of our games last season!
We probably would have had 15k on Saturday.

midfielder

Top ten sports ratings for this week on Pay..

1 Live: RWC: Qf#3 SA V Aus Fox Sports 3 468
2 Live: RWC: Qf#4 NZ V Arg Fox Sports 3 380
3 Live: RWC: Sf#1, Wal V Fra Fox Sports 3 360
4 Live: RWC Centre Fox Sports 3 272
5 Live: Football: AFC World Cup Qualifier Australia V Oman Fox Sports 1 127
6 Football: EPL Liverpool V Man United Fox Sports 1 126
7 Live: Football: A-League Fox Sports 2 125

8. Live: The Rugby Club Fox Sports 3 76
9. Live: Football: A-League Syd Fc V Bris Fox Sports 1 67
10. Live: Football: EPL Man City V A Villa Fox Sports 1 58

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/10/pay-tv-ratings-week-42.html

Interesting the cricket ODI & 20 20 did not make the top 10...

dibo

58,000 people watched City and Villa (and to be fair, I was one of them). More people watched that than the Mariners. Twice as many again watched Liverpool and United.

The Oman game did well, which is good because we put on a good show, but Eurosnobbery is clearly alive and well.

hasbeen

58,000 people watched City and Villa (and to be fair, I was one of them). More people watched that than the Mariners. Twice as many again watched Liverpool and United.

The Oman game did well, which is good because we put on a good show, but Eurosnobbery is clearly alive and well.

Eurosnobbery? Hardly. It just goes to show people appreciate good football. I had Setanta a couple of seasons ago and used to watch the Blue Square Premier League games. Twice the speed and excitement of the A-League I'm afraid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred