• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coast Football Ramble

Pete, Luke, Josh, and Morrow are BACK to review the Elimination Final against Macarthur, recap the events from the last week, and look ahead to the future.

As has been the theme of the last few weeks - 4 days is a long time in football, as we experience the rollercoaster ride of hosting Finals football for the first time since 2013, to the news of Alen Stajcic moving on from his post, to retaining our key man between the posts (spoiler alert!)

This week, we discuss the Elimination Final against Macarthur FC, the Mariners' Head of Football Ken Schembri joins us to discuss player retention and coach recruitment, we look ahead at what's to come in the coaching space, and we answer your questions.

Always and forever, #UpTheSauce.

0.00-9.00 Fred's (OzHammer's) Question
9.00-26.20 Elimination Final v Macarthur Review
26.30-70.52 Ken Schembri Interview
71.07-107.40 The Alen Stajcic Departure/New Coach Chat
108.00-114.00 Other Central Coast Football Business
114.15-127.00 Fan Questions
127.10-129.00 Outro

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Great pod guys. You addressed many of the big questions in a positive way and showed a lot of perception and commonsense.
Developing well. A season or two more of A-League experience and you can possibly chase big contracts overseas.
As their agent, I have got them a trial in Poland. No need to wait for a big money move they can reap the success of my other clients, Sam Silvera and DRD.

Ozhammer

Great pod as always boys and thanks for letting me ask Fred’s question!

Yours surely has to be the best fan-produced commentary out there, passionate, insightful and with just the right amounts of scepticism and irreverence to make it hugely entertaining.

I loved the interview with Ken, which should hopefully put some folks minds to rest about the current situation and the club’s future prospects. I have no doubt that a lot of what has gone right this season has his fingerprints all over it, he is a real asset to CCM.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Great pod as always and a huge thank you for your efforts through the year. Finished strongly - probably one of your best for the season, but your standard is always so high. Really hope you're all back next season.

I wasn't sure how I'd feel listening - still raw after that damn final!! I started listening to that week's Destruction in the Box but I just got pissed off again.

Great to have Ken on board, lot of insightful comments, was good to get his tactical perspective on the final. Reassuring pod!

Annnnd.....because absolutely nobody cares, but I still can never resist....regarding the offside:
It's not complicated or nuanced at all.

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

Deliberate

An action which the player intended/meant to make; it is not a ‘reflex’ or unintended reaction

The bullshit we heard from Delovski about the other one a few weeks prior was that it was a 'reflex' - when it was clearly a deliberate choice. i figure, if that was a 'reflex', then surely that implies if he had stuck the arm out instead, that would also have been allowed? In our one - he literally stopped running and changed direction to stick the leg out, so it's not a reflex - though I bet that's what Beathcakes in the bunker thought.

If he only stuck the leg out because of the offside defender, that doesn't matter - potentially influencing a decision by being offside, even moving around, isn't an offence; IFAB have been very clear that the defender is responsible for their own decisions. If if one is pulled out of their space to mark an offside player making a run, that's still tough luck for the defender. FIFA's approach (not saying I agree with it) is that said defender made the mistake in allowing an offside player to influence their decisions - and refs aren't mindreaders so shouldn't get in the game of trying to think about why that defender made a decision. So, that's not a consideration.

So, that leaves us with the save - but clearly, that's not relevant for a through ball in the middle of the park. The intent behind that is for shorts. It could probably apply to a cross to a player right on the far post, that sort of thing....any other sort of cross/pass around the vicinity of goal is getting into interpretation territory; it's definitely not for a through ball in the middle of the field.

And of course, for those who saw the 'behind the scenes' ref short, you rewatched our goal conceded against Roar where we jumped to head the ball, couldn't get a good header, but that nullified the offside - and in that instance, the ball WAS at least going in the vicinity of the goal so had a stronger case for disallowing than ours was.

FFC Mariner

Those ftbl articles are even worse than the Roar. Didnt they have one a few days ago that talked about the sale of the club falling through? What sale? Bloke with no money said he would buy it with beads but no sensible interest and htat was ages ago

Ozhammer

Interesting that they use the information given on the pod to create the article, shows how public the pod is becoming! Great work guys!
Isn’t that some kind of copyright infringement?

C’mon boys, get your lawyers on to it! :thumbup:

TC Redline

Pete, Luke, Josh, and Morrow are BACK to review the Elimination Final against Macarthur, recap the events from the last week, and look ahead to the future.

As has been the theme of the last few weeks - 4 days is a long time in football, as we experience the rollercoaster ride of hosting Finals football for the first time since 2013, to the news of Alen Stajcic moving on from his post, to retaining our key man between the posts (spoiler alert!)

This week, we discuss the Elimination Final against Macarthur FC, the Mariners' Head of Football Ken Schembri joins us to discuss player retention and coach recruitment, we look ahead at what's to come in the coaching space, and we answer your questions.

Always and forever, #UpTheSauce.

0.00-9.00 Fred's (OzHammer's) Question
9.00-26.20 Elimination Final v Macarthur Review
26.30-70.52 Ken Schembri Interview
71.07-107.40 The Alen Stajcic Departure/New Coach Chat
108.00-114.00 Other Central Coast Football Business
114.15-127.00 Fan Questions
127.10-129.00 Outro

The best one yet and even the outtakes were good. Erin you nailed it with your VAR rant and the only technology assistance I would be happy with in the world game is goal line technology full stop. Interview with Ken was exceptional , a super informative analysis of potential coaching candidates and really appreciate the time you all put into these podcasts. Top stuff gents

Coast Football Ramble

Back into lockdown we go ? hope everyone is staying safe and well.
But lockdown isn’t gonna stop us from bringing you the inaugural Coast Football Ramble Podcast Awards Show!
Goal of the year? Player of the year? That’s all well and good but we’re looking for the awards that YOU would like to hear!
Is it Fan Moment of the Year? Maybe it’s Goal Celebration of the Year? Let us know what award categories you would like to see given, and we might just award it live on Tuesday night!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb