• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Big Al

Alou Koul warmup.
Is the sweat emotion of kids having fun admiring their heroes and the army cheering him what sport is all about or is it potentially distracting to a young lad who has an important part to play in the game. Are we potentially sabbataging our team with a distraction.
A true pro should be able to handle it but a 19yr old could have his head turned.
For me i loved it and thought it was brilliant and would actually like to have a Merv Hughes style thing get bigger but is that a distraction or disrespect to lads putting in a shift on the field as well?

Big Al

Will Urena always be the provider rather than the scorer, or is it just a matter of time until someone puts him into space for a shot? I have the feeling that if Urena had the chances he has given others he'd have a bag full.
AU game he was put in space a few times and didn’t do what was expected. He is a bit slow but I saw him hit a drive against someone and it was a rocket. I think he’s goals and assists will be similar at the end of the season

scottmac

Suspended
AU game he was put in space a few times and didn’t do what was expected. He is a bit slow but I saw him hit a drive against someone and it was a rocket. I think he’s goals and assists will be similar at the end of the season
Obviously he's not the striker to "put in space" but swap the positions of Simon and Urena for the first goal last night. Who's going to be the person to provide the play for Urena that he did for others

Big Al

Obviously he's not the striker to "put in space" but swap the positions of Simon and Urena for the first goal last night. Who's going to be the person to provide the play for Urena that he did for others
Yeah was going to go further and say I don’t think anyone can provide the service he needs and that he is supplying.
Bouman is proving assists but they suit Koul and Simon to a degree.
DDS is not a massive assist guy and he still needs to work on that even as well as he is playing this season.
Simon certainly couldn’t if you swapped them around.

Coast Football Ramble

Well, well, well, if it isn't another WINNING POD!!

Pete, Luke, Jimmy, and Morrow are back in the studio to unpack the win against Macarthur - sending the cows out to pasture!

OK - seriously now - is Staj actually a wizard? Is Matt Simon actually cloning himself? Is Kye Rowles and Ruon Tongyik the best CB pairing we've seen here since 2013?

Whatever it is, we're seven points clear at the top of the league - let's enjoy it.
#UpTheSauce

0-34.05 - Fred's Question/Macarthur Review
34.15-67.30 - Other Mariners News/Academy Wrap
67.40-75.50 - Other A-League Things
76.00-93.20 - Fan Questions/Outro

Soundcloud:

Spotify:

Jimmy

What are the restrictions in regards standing in bay 16 now that stadiums are back to full capacity.

NSW stadiums have said that capacity is back at 100%.
According to NSW Gov webstie, sitting is still required.
I have been told that this is changing or has changed this week, just in time for NRL.
But I cannot find anything online stating this, I'm assuming the clubs have been told.

Although stadiums are at 100% according to the Gov, it is still up to whoever is hosting the event.
Information from different sources has the A-league (or clubs) leaving it at 50-75% capacity.
It's Kind of understandable when you look at reserved seating.
If they go back to 100% then fans will rightly want their normal reserved seats back.
If the league went ahead and organised all that and then there was another outbreak which forced stadiums to go back to 50% it would cause a massive headache.

This obviously isn't a problem for GA areas.
So personally, I think that GA and active areas that do not have a specified seating plan should be allowed to sit where they want.

Regarding standing, hopefully common sense will prevail.
The overzealous E-group who are hired by the stadium want an easy job and and don't want people standing or singing. As discussed in the bay, they'll take any reason to police the sokkah community and Covid has been the perfect excuse.
No doubt they'll be fine with the NRL crowd doing whatever they want.

Thank you to Iain, Shaun and Chey who sorted out the situation the other night and let us stand in the second half.

true believer

Now that we've had some games without Stens, what is his impact in the team?
Well i think its huge . But here is the rub i think tonyik can play dm . He moves the ball magisticly at times and reads defence Well. Id like to see it trailed and then we can get game time with hall.

Edit money@ the shop wobbles

Last edited:

turbo

ut here is the rub i think tonyik can play dm
Big difference having an empty field behind you when making space. Not a slight on the big dude but he doesnt strike me as being as quick on the ball as Ollie or Stens for example. Could do it at a pinch I'm sure but not optimal.

true believer

Big difference having an empty field behind you when making space. Not a slight on the big dude but he doesnt strike me as being as quick on the ball as Ollie or Stens for example. Could do it at a pinch I'm sure but not optimal.
i don't know . looks alot like Royston grifths , osama malik type which is what stens is

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred