• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coast Football Ramble

Pete, Luke, Jimmy, and Morrow are back in the studio to dry out after the game against Perth!
In this week's episode, we dissect Sunday's 2-2 draw with Perth, and the Mariners Head of Football Ken Schembri jumps into the studio for a chat.
How far can we actually go this season? When do we start having conversations about finals? Can you really maybe win it with kids?
Hey - we're still top of the league - let's absolutely embrace it.
#UpTheSauce
0.00 - 18.25 - Fred's Question/Perth Review
18.35-42.10 - Ken Schembri Interview
42.15-50.30 - Other CCM Business
50.40-65.00 - Other Australian Football Business
65.05-79.20 - Upcoming CCM Fixtures & Fan Questions

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Woo! Pod Day!

Stephen Lucas was 4th - Kris Griffiths-Jones (the man single-handedly responsible for the vast majority of VAR problems) was VAR.

Glad to hear Ken is a man of taste and correctly has a lot of love for the Kwassinator. Pod is sounding better all the time fellas.

Or, as for the right frame when the ball leaves the foot? It's actually The first point of contact of the ‘play’ or ‘touch’ of the ball should be used - so if the ball is in contact with the foot for, say, 5 frames as part of the pass, then the first one should be used.

I agree VAR should go - but if we're going to use it, maybe there needs to be something like, VAR has to prove offside on 3 different frames. Might help reduce the concern of 'it's the wrong frame and he was onside here'.

Interesting that Hawkeye lines up from the Goal Area and Penalty Area - didn't know that. But yeah, it raises the question on what steps are being taken to ensure the right level of precision for these markings then.

Top pod!

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey guys - apologies for jumping on the wrong thread but it's the closest to the right place I could think of.
I'm on tonights episode of Mariners TV, just throwing it out there is are any questions that Pete and Carly need to ask let me know and I will get them answered on the show.

Looking forward to turning in live from Mingara tonight and cheering the boys on for one of the most important matches of the season!

AuzDutchy

Hey guys - apologies for jumping on the wrong thread but it's the closest to the right place I could think of.
I'm on tonights episode of Mariners TV, just throwing it out there is are any questions that Pete and Carly need to ask let me know and I will get them answered on the show.

Looking forward to turning in live from Mingara tonight and cheering the boys on for one of the most important matches of the season!
whats the likelihood of contract renewals happening anytime soon, especially with so many key players contracts expiring at the end of season? i know the TV deal is key to monies available, but are we able to sign pre-contract agreements that would allow us to secure some of our best talent while not committing to concrete dollar amounts?

Coast Football Ramble

Cheeky question, Will you be donating to the CFR podcast fund raiser? :angel:

pjennings

Hey @Shaun Mielekamp, with the next 10 games released taking us up to mid-May what have you heard about the re-scheduled matches and finals. Also is there any formal/informal agreement with Graham Arnold about the number of A-League players that he will take from clubs during the final weeks and the A-League finals?

Particularly notable now since Graham Arnold saying he is taking 34 players to the WCQ matches that will take place from May 31 - June 15, 2021. Given a 14 day quarantine on return then effectively anyone selected will effectively end their A-League season.

The Olympics football tournament is also scheduled for 21 July to 7 August 2021.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred