• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coast Football Ramble

After the forum someone asked Paul straight out about Mauk. We have had no contact and he seemed to be bemused at the rumour.

We got the same answer, same deal with the Italian as well.

However, all the years I've been in contact with the club, this is the most secretive they've ever been.
Paolo has given us answers previously that have been proved to be incorrect the next day.

Big Al

We got the same answer, same deal with the Italian as well.

However, all the years I've been in contact with the club, this is the most secretive they've ever been.
Paolo has given us answers previously that have been proved to be incorrect the next day.
The whole Taveras thing didn't sit well with me, why not say on Twitter etc that he had an operation? He is listed as indefinite on the team sheet for Glory game. Not like our club. That's not fan engagement to only get it at the forum because it couldn't be dodged. Also last time he was seen at the game in a moon boot and nothing from club.
I'd presume Paulo running this secrecy.
Also wonder if this has to do with the window being open?
Does help in us not getting guzumpted. Newcastle came out early saying they were after Bridge and that pricked WSW interest apparently.

Also thought the word international was very cryptic as could have been Aussie International or Foreigner.

Certainly get the impression you can't believe everything Paulo says. For a guy who's seems straight down the line kind a guy, if he doesn't want people to know they won't. Also says the people he trusts are loyal

Fishsdad

We heard another reason for the removal of the cousins.
Quite a bit worse than not toeing the line.

From a lifetime spent in businesses both small and large, you learn again and again the absolute criticality of recruiting people with positive attitudes and the ability to work well with teams. Many managers look only for skills, and are willing to ignore 'attitude defects' when making hiring decisions. And generally the organisation pays for this at some time in the future.

I'm certain that anyone like Wombat that runs their own business will agree.

Somewhere along the line we seem to have started to ignore the 'no dickhead' policy that we had during the McKinna years. I think Arnie tried to keep the policy in operation (although he was responsible for recruiting a certain goalie...).

My hope is that each and every player we consider for the future is only offered a contract if they pass the 'no dickhead' policy - regardless of their level of skill and our short term needs.

greenlig

From a lifetime spent in businesses both small and large, you learn again and again the absolute criticality of recruiting people with positive attitudes and the ability to work well with teams.
Hear, hear. Ego kills productivity.

shipwreck

So I can understand not revealing a source but could we get some more info on what the cursed cousins have done?

Showed up drunk at training? Found a picture of Reddy in one of their lockers?

Wombat

From a lifetime spent in businesses both small and large, you learn again and again the absolute criticality of recruiting people with positive attitudes and the ability to work well with teams. Many managers look only for skills, and are willing to ignore 'attitude defects' when making hiring decisions. And generally the organisation pays for this at some time in the future.

I'm certain that anyone like Wombat that runs their own business will agree.

Somewhere along the line we seem to have started to ignore the 'no dickhead' policy that we had during the McKinna years. I think Arnie tried to keep the policy in operation (although he was responsible for recruiting a certain goalie...).

My hope is that each and every player we consider for the future is only offered a contract if they pass the 'no dickhead' policy - regardless of their level of skill and our short term needs.

My first manager was a brilliant therapist ( maybe the best on the coast) and a friend but hopeless as a manager and a team player. I would lecture her daily and after less than 12 months i had to let her go.
I replaced her with someone without the same skillset but a good team player and more even tempered. The business blossomed from the day she left.
She is still a friend and i still mentor her but she definately failed the no dickhead policy.
Fishsdad is spot on with this.
Now don't start me on the printing business!!

Coast Football Ramble

We'll be talking to Michael Charlesworth on this weeks show.
The interview will take place on Wednesday night.
If you have any questions or points you want to get across, throw them up here and we'll try to ask them.

Mike+Charlesworth+Central+Coast+Mariners+Fan+sH2YF7TYvDKl.jpg

JoyfulPenguin

Mr Charlesworth,
What made you decide to invest in our club and continue when others stopped?
How would you improve the league if put in charge?
What is your perfect vision for the Central Coast Mariners?

Atomic

See if you can get the audio of Slater's comments during last weekend's game and play them for him (I think there was a clip posted in the Members page on FB)
Ask him his reaction to the comments, and ask him his opinion of Fox's commentary on the Mariners in general. Does he think it's balanced, does he think there are some comentators that have agenda's against the club, and if so, why?
P.S. Speaking only on my behalf, tell him he's doing a bloody good job under very trying circumstances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred